The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Posillipo Official City Journal

+8
Qorten
Fox
Carl
ForthWall
androidboi
Kisa Atsuko
Daniel
Chip
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Fox

I posted over at ST but I'll also post here as well.

Love the car parking around the stadium, very realistic. How come you changed the stadium from the one that was originally there?

Your down town looks very "plopped" .. how much of it is plopped vs grown?

I really like the water front area.. a lot of detail and work gone in to that!

Love the reflections in the water too.

:?:

77Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

@K50: I'm not very good at suburbs, I'm not gonna lie, so don't be suprised if you never see them.
@111222333444: Thanks Smile
@Fox: Thanks for commenting, I like this stadium better. I'm also an eye-candy guy, so most of my stuff is plopped and thanks the water front took a while.

http://www.usnw.net

78Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:24 am

Daniel

Daniel

I really like this! The reflections on the water are the best thing of all! Very Happy

79Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:46 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

It's a very, very beautiful city, Chip. Somehow the sudden transition from old buildings to modern, small CBD looks natural and pretty. That's one of the more difficult things of realistic city building IMO.

80Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:46 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Thanks Daniel, and thank you Qorten Smile

81Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Carl

Carl

Your First CJ Entry at Simtropolis has been selected to appear at the Times of Troix

Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

82Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:55 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Callamesiabanner

The Commonwealth of Callamesia is a Sovereign State located on USNW's Role-Playing Planet called Adonia.

Coat of Arms:
Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Coat_of_arms_of_callamesia

Flag
Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Flagofcallamesiasmall

Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Locationofcallamesia

Map
Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Map_of_callamesia

Factbook
Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Factbookcallamesia

The first update should be soon! Most likely showing off the map I will use.

83Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:28 am

I'm looking forward to seeing it, but don't you need to get it through the application center first?

84Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:29 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

It's not a member.... I don't want it to be. Since when do we have to have our side projects as members?

85Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Daniel

Daniel

The flag and CoA look cool Smile

86Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:17 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Banner

Updated One
History - First Pictures

Pre-Althenian Discovery

Before 1501, the native Euphemians, who lived on the island we call Callamesia, were a very prosperous people. Their leaders ruled the people strictly and religiously. The people were called the Enta and they lived simple lives devoted to worshiping their many gods and goddesses and farming their land. The society was feudal, the people promising to be soldiers for the King if he gave them land. Not much is known about the early Callamesian natives. The society shrunk and shrunk after the discovery of Callamesia by the Posilliponians.

Althenian Discovery

Posilliponian Captain Léo-Joseph-Marie Berger was the first Althenian to discover and explore the island we call Callamesia in 1781. He landed at Point Blue near present day Saint-Gabrielle. They began their first settlement, made up of cloth tents and sticks. Later that year, Colonel Jean-Rodolphe Signoret met up with Captain Léo by accident off the coast of Callamesia when Colonel Jean was first discovering the island. Together, they combined their fleets and began to really explore the area.

During the Silver Rush of 1857, many people began to travel to Callamesia. Unfortunantly, many of them were disappointed because there was a lack of Silver. This, however, began the mass settlement of Callamesia.

Early Growth

Lumbering was the first industry on the island of Callamesia. It first began on Point Blue, near present day Sain-Gabrielle. The first Sawmill was founded in the town of Calibre in 1879, a settlement planned by a Shayden native, George Allen. In 1912, it expanded to become a medium sized municipality. In 1949, it was renamed Saint-Gabrielle, in honor of one of the Nuns who was a inhabitant and teach at the city's Cathedral.

Pictures
Click pictures for larger resolution

Picture One: Captain Léo-Joseph-Marie Berger exploring the island on his ship.

Picture Two: The first Althenian settlement in Callamesia.

Picture Three: The first industry on the island was lumbering.

Picture Four: The second industry on the island was farming.

Thanks for viewing! Please comment, rate, like, and follow!

87Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:18 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

[size="6"]Update Three[/size]

This isn't really an update, I just have a mosaic for you to look at.

We're back in the 21st Century, 1976 to be exact. This is a small town just outside of Saint-Gabrielle.
Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Mosaic2

Please comment, rate, like, and follow!

88Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:26 am

Fox

As I said over at Simtropolis .. I think this is a gorgeous mosaic and I love the work you've done with the flora.

Nice little homesteads scattered around the area too, they look very quaint.

Can't wait to see what you do next.

89Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:32 am

Daniel

Daniel

Terriffic job Chip Very Happy

90Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:15 am

Qorten

Qorten

So beautiful!

You'll have to fix the code though in Update 3.

91Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:13 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

This is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Carl

Carl

Nice Very Happy

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

93Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:22 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Thats Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

94Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:03 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Replybanner

@ResidentSim: Thank you
@EmperorDaniel: Thanks, Daniel!
@Fox: Thanks Fox!
@MamaLuigi945: Realism is definitely what I aspire for!
@Leszczyk: Thanks!
@111222333444: Thanks!
@_marsh_: Thanksya Marshy
@DCMetro: Thanks Pat!
@10000000000000: Thanks!
@Mithokey: Thanks!
@SC4fanboy: Thanks, I love flora work!
@Alerules: Thanks Ale!
@Yuui4: Thanks, that's what I aimed for!
@Harbino: Thanks, I agree.
@estates to the real: It's the Socco Terrain Mod by _marsh_
@deathtopumpkins: Thanks DTP! Miss hangin with you on MC! Very Happy
@Paperclips: Hehe, it's Callamesia! Thanks for the comment.
@Bigro: Thanks!
@halenbyname: Thanks, I'm glad you're following my CJ!
@YorkshireLlama: Whoops, my mistake!

Update Four
The City of Saint-Gabrielle

Click Image for Full Resolution

Figure 1.1: We ride the train into Saint-Gabrielle!

Figure 1.2: The CBD of Saint-Gabrielle

Figure 1.3: The Industrial District of Saint-Gabrielle

Figure 1.4: Volkswagen Factory in Saint-Gabrielle

Figure 1.5: A mosaic for your fancy. Smile

Comment. Rate. Like. Follow!

95Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:28 am

Nice work on that PANORAMA.... that's not a mosaic Razz

I liked the first picture too, though that railroad seems a little windy, I could totally imagine riding that against that coastline. Nice update Smile

96Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:23 am

Daniel

Daniel

REALLY nice! The railway reminds me of the Circumbaikal railway with one difference: no cliffs on both sides Razz

97Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:28 am

Fox

Nice update. The railway picture looks fantastic. Would be a great journey on the train through that area.

Down town looks good. I really like the gardens between the roads.

The industrial area looks great and the buildings are awesome. I didn't know one of my companies had set up shop in your Nation, I'll have to look in to that. Make sure they are declaring all their profits for tax purposes...lol

98Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:14 am

Qorten

Qorten

Very nice city! Looks like something I'd like to live in.

99Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:49 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

AMAZING I LOVE IT! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

100Posillipo Official City Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Posillipo Official City Journal Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:37 am

I only have one tiny gripe though, you should use FAR railroads instead of diagonal draggables.

AWESOME update! cheers Can't wait to see more!

Last edited by Neeltro on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum