The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Paradise Sun

+8
Jack
Chip
Fox
stanislavsoltys
alerules22
Qorten
Daniel
kj34
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Paradise Sun Empty The Paradise Sun Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:46 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

The Paradise Sun Decnews

2The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Awesome newspaper (very realistic), but that guy in the dirigible scared me D:

3The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Very nice newspapaer, well done! nice pics of your government quarter.

4The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:42 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

awesometerrficamazing newspaper, yeah all of that <<<

http://www.usnw.net

5The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:20 pm

That looks cool! Smile

6The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:45 am

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Nice, realistic, newspaper! Very Happy

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

7The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:38 am

Fox

Nice looking newspaper.

The weather details are a little hard to read.

8The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:00 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Nice job, but I would use a different font, perhaps arial or another Sans Serif. Smile

http://www.usnw.net

9The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:45 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

everyone else: thanks!
fox: sorry...it'll be better next time
Chip: will do...
From the local section....

Riverside Hgts.- Residents were not entirely pleased today when they were told they would have to take the long way to get to their job yesterday. “It’s like it was just yesterday I would turn right out my driveway, make two rights and I’m at work. Now I gotta head north because they decide now they wanna finish the freeway.” These are the words from Jerry Fisher, a local resident as the Commonwealth Transit Department closes a gap in Interstate 2 between Rt. 6 and Rt. 8. For years I-2 has ended just past Rt. 6, known as Dallen Rd. and regressed to a simple divided highway, regaining interstate status just past Majors Rd. But in a initiative known as the Eastern Corridor Project, the Commonwealth department of transit has began to finish what it started in anticipation for increased traffic levels. The freeways impacted are I-5, a largely unused freeway, I-10, which sees no traffic north of Whiting City and is also unfinished, and I-2. The length of construction would require workers to live nearby, and they were invited to bring their families to settle in the towns that would be formed by the new freeways.

Clearyville-Students at Virgin Shores University have something to cheer about as well as in. The university has just recently finished its new sports complex. A new football stadium, which will also double as a lacrosse and soccer field, a baseball stadium and aquatics center were the buildings constructed. The president of the university, Baxter Keith, was pleased to present the stadium at the unveiling ceremony, announcing, “We feel this will bolster the morale of all of our students and staff here at the university.” The university is in the process of hiring staff for the complex as well as talks to decide on a name for their intercollegiate teams.

Johnson City-Citizens will be finding their commutes a little shorter soon, as the city plans to build the first in a series of subway and light rail stations. 6 lines are planned for the city 4 of which are to be built immediately. The lines would alleviate stress on the capital’s limited thoroughfares and provide a quicker link to downtown, the rail station, the airport, and the suburbs. “It’s about time. I was tired of sitting in traffic on Government Pkwy trying to get to work. Now I’ll just be able to catch a train in like my brother in Paradise City does,” replied Reggie Alder, when asked his opinion on the new transit lines. The lines are planned to open in February.

10The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:43 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Bump...

Commonwealth Congress still in deliberations over budget

The national congress is in the 4th day of deliberations of the country's national budget. The topic most important to most legislative members is defense spending which has been almost noneexistent for the past 10 years. "If we were to be attacked, we would have to depend on our allies for defensive measures. We should be able to defend ourselves," said Eric Lzell, a major supporter of the defense budget increase.

Heat Wave catches Paradise by surprise
Although summer is the season for hot weather, the Commonwealth was still blindsided by temperatures in excess of 100 degrees in most cities, forcing many places to close early and most citizens to make a beeline for pools, lakes, and the coast. Temperatures are expected to remain high throughout the weekend, hopefully relenting on Tuesday.

Last edited by kj34 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

11The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

Is it really summer in Paradise? I don't know how seasons work on Adonia. Very Happy

12The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:55 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

thank you Kenken x3 And really it should be winter, but I remember the days when there was a heatwave in the UK in Winter

13The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:14 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

huh? I thought northern hemi was like northern hemi here. unless we switched that too.

But also consider, we don't really get winter, as close as we are to the equator, so you should just let it slide Razz

14The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Carl

Carl

D: Heat Wave

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

15The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:15 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Breaking News....well, most of it...

Paradise condemns Acadian occupation of Fraesia

The president condemned the occupation of Fraesia today in a live press conference with the national press, saying the Acadian government was ‘smothering’ the Fraesians’ right to govern themselves. “As a nation that has been governed for, by a nation much farther away than Acadia is to Fraesia, we know how frustrating it is to have our decisions made for by another people who may know nothing of our culture and way of life, and we cannot tolerate this treatment of another sovereign nation, especially by a fellow union member,” announced the president. He then went on to support Folland in speaking up against the occupation. Paradise plans to join the embargo against Acadia if this situation continues.

Paradise begins preparing troops, defense tech for deployment

The Commonwealth Defense Department has began training its troops for deployment to any possible climate on the planet at a moment’s notice. Environments from the cold winter tundra to the dry desert have been included in the comprehensive training. The increase in training has been met in the manufacturing sector with a noticeable increase in defense tech, especially among Paradite reinforced shielding. The Defense Chief has declined to comment on the reason for the increased training or defense tech, stating that the information was currently top secret until further notice.

Commonwealth experiences unusually cold week

Paradisians have found that their normal wardrobe of short sleeved shirts, shorts and skirts isn’t cutting it in this recent week of cold weather. Temperatures have not rose above 70 degrees all week, and in some areas, above 50. The Ikianian mainland even saw small amounts of snow in some areas. Temperatures are expecting to rise to normal seasonal temperatures next week, to the relief of many.

Capital begins plans for new Beltway

The Transit Department and City Council have met today to review the plans for Johnson City’s new interstate beltway surrounding the city. Recent traffic woes have caught the attention of city officials and they have responded by planning out the new freeway, to be designated I-601. After all of the options have been ironed out, the council will meet with the individual neighborhoods that the road would affect to gauge support or opposition for the plan before applying for funding from the federal government and beginning construction.

16The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Jack

Jack

Damn. A nation as neutral as paradise imposing sanctions. Doesn't anyone realize that we are rebuilding Fraesia and then getting out? If we just left it there, the nation would go to hell in such a horrible state: with devastated cities, no government, and an unstable economy.

17The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Carl

Carl

LOLOLOL Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

18The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Ooh lots of goody news to soak in. Love it. Just love how this is sending ripples across the globe. Though my next action may surprise people.

Also, Paradite! Nearly forgot about that stuff. Handy little mineral ain't it.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

19The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:51 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Paradise to reopen former relations with Acadia

The Commonwealth has sent representatives to Acadia to resume former relations before the events in Fraesia. In an interview, the president said, "Considering the events going on in the world today, what Acadia does is its business and as long as they do what they say they are going to do in Fraesia, we see no reason to continue down this path. It's not the Paradisian way."

Paradise finishing up procedure to deploy troops

Congress is hours away from voting on deploying troops to Nilia & Albian and Okaiken to assist in the burgeoning conflict in eastern Althena. The vote would approve a small fleet as well as air support riding along on several aircraft carriers in the fleet. So far the public has approved of the assistance.

Store Chain begins contest for Thanksgiving

A local store chain has begun what they call a thanksgiving bonanza. The contest involves several days of shopping, but the contestants' groceries will be delivered. The shopper who finds a hidden 'golden turkey' mixed in with their groceries will get their groceries for free as well as a gourmet Thanksgiving feast by a caterer of their choosing. The contest is set to increase the chain's profits by a substantial margin, despite prices being slashed for the holiday season.

20The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I need to go shopping for thanksgiving! D: I didn't know Paradisians had a Thanksgiving holiday. Turkey! I prefer Ham myself though. I really like Ham.

The whole world is jumping on the Military bandwagon because of one small nation who's a part of a large Union. I guess we aren't so Flimsy after all. Razz

21The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Jack

Jack

Yay, good news!

The "Imported from Paradise" crates shall return!

22The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:29 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

BREAKING NEWS!

Amekan Islands bombed

The Amekan Islands' largest city was bombed on Tuesday by the Ghuangji navy killing over a thousand people. Bombers flew over the town dropping incendiary bombs and later shelled other structures, destroying most of the city and its air force base. It is rumored that 7 of the 367 people not native to Okaiken that were killed may have been Paradisian. If true, the president has stated in no uncertain terms that this will mean war against Ghuangji. "We do not tolerate the taking of even one live of a Paradisian. Ghuangji must be made to understand the consequences of such an act." Congress and the president will convene later today.

Attempted assassination on Vice-President Richardson at rally event

Vice-President Richardson is in the hospital in critical condition after he was shot in the chest yesterday in a rally event to begin the campaign for the presidential elections which are in May. He was giving a speech in southeast Origin Park when an unindentified person shot him, apparently from an office building near the I-2 freeway. The shooter was arrested this morning and has been subjected to questioning. According to the police department, the shooter may have been funded by an NSF faction in Ghuangji.

Paradisian Fleet sailing toward Southeast Althena

The 35th Battle Fleet and the 432nd Air Squadron are on their way to the nations of Nilia & Albian and Okaiken today after Congress and the president finished signing the agreement to deploy them. The fleet is on its way to assist the two nations in humanitarian efforts and any possible needed defense.

23The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Jack

Jack

Paradise in a war? Is this the first time in Adonia history? Razz

24The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

LOL no not Paradise Razz they are peaceful kinda like us Canadians Razz

25The Paradise Sun Empty Re: The Paradise Sun Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Being an island nation, I wonder how large your Navy really is. I'm sure it'd be a specialty in your armed forces. Is a "Battle Fleet" like a battlegroup?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum