The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Viceregal Kingdom of Malo

+2
Qorten
Daniel
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:50 am

Daniel

Daniel

Coming soon!

Last edited by Daniel on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty UPDATE VI: A BEND IN THE RIVER Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Daniel

Daniel

UPDATE VI: A BEND IN THE RIVER

Today we're going thousands of kilometers south of Francistown, to the northern borders of the Viceroyalty of Malo, a mostly arid nation about twice the size of Grand. The area we're visiting is not as arid, however, as it is situated in the southern portion of the fertile Zebtase Delta, one of the largest river deltas in the world, and which is mostly located in Malo's northern neighbor, Zebtesia, named after the Zebtase River.

Viceregal Kingdom of Malo 1
The state-owned company, Imperial Oil, has only recently started to explore the Zebtase Delta because of political issues, but the prospects already seem promising, and ImO has just opened a miniature oil field and a refinery, and plans to create a small town here to support the infrastructure under construction.

Viceregal Kingdom of Malo 2
Here is the entrance to the plant. Let's take a look inside, shall we?

Viceregal Kingdom of Malo 4
Thousands upon thousands of barrels of oil are stored and processed here... and that's just one corner of the complex.

Viceregal Kingdom of Malo 3
Living quarters for the most vital workers will be located inside the complex itself; however, the majority of them will be housed in a brand-new town located on the other side of the channel.

Viceregal Kingdom of Malo 5
The oil produced by the Zebtase oil fields will be refined in these tall towers, few of which are being currently used due to the fact that oil production in this field isn't fully operational.

Viceregal Kingdom of Malo 6
Sure wouldn't want to light a cigarette in this area...

Viceregal Kingdom of Malo 7
Finally, to close this short update, we present you a novelty in Malonese waters - an oil rig. This is only the second rig built in Malo, and the only one still operational since the fire at the Ohesh Gamma rig in 1999, which set Malonese offshore oil production back about ten years.

That's all for now! Khot hap ee ko!

3Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:31 pm

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Very nice, where did you get all those excellent industrial lots, they are beautiful.

4Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Sorry it took me so long, the red thing didn't pop up! This is fantastic! Very nice, I love all the industrial lots.

http://www.usnw.net

5Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

When you said Malo was a major player in the Oil industry, you weren't kidding. I bet I import quite a bit from Malo myself.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

6Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Qorten

Qorten

So, uh, with Michael necromancing this: Don't you have any new material for Malo?

7Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Carl

Carl

Apparently Dan's computer went Kaput! so he doesn't have any new material Razz

Better check out Mike's Malo Invasion Update Devil

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

8Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Mike has some pictures of Malo that he made himself, but since my computer's hard drive died and I'm not getting a new one until late October at the soonest, there won't be any new IFK updates anytime soon (at least, not from SC4; I might be able to scrounge something together from my City Racer game).

9Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Qorten

Qorten

I hope you were/will be able to save most of your files on that harddrive. I hope your saves of the IFK weren't on it and you have them back-up somewhere?

10Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Unfortunately, unless MVideo (the largest computer store in the region; we haven't tried that place yet) is able to extract the files from that hard drive, I'll have to start from scratch when I get my new computer - as practically nothing SC4-related was backed up off-computer (stupid idea not to, I know). Crying

Hopefully, I'll be able to reconstruct many of the better areas of places, like most of Francistown or much of the Great Western Palace, to nearly the exact same way they were before the crash, as I took a lot of pictures of those places and saved them to Majhost and such. As for the other places, I'll either recreate them from memory, or in some cases - like with Francistown's "highway" (aka, avenue) system, which was built before I got a single piece of custom content - I'll be able to build them like how I originally envisioned them to be. Smile

Wait a minute...does this mean that I'll get to rebuild the old, Maxis-y city of Mousford into a new, custom-content Mousford? YES.

11Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Qorten

Qorten

Auch, a lot of work ahead for you then! Hopefully rebuilding what you did before doesn't sap you of inspiration and interest in building new cities for G, B and M.

12Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:17 am

Fox

I say start from scratch.. steal someones plugins folder and get playing again.

The longer you leave it the less interested you will be in playing.

13Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Empty Re: Viceregal Kingdom of Malo Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:28 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Even though I've technically made the only images of Malo, They're just random regions shots with a desert terrain. Razz But yeah I hope you get this sorted soon! Very interested to see what the IFK is like. I can email you the desert terrain mod I'm using for Malo if you want too.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum