The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronation of Charles I

+3
Bruce
alerules22
Daniel
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coronation of Charles I Empty Coronation of Charles I Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Welcome, everyone, to the presentation of the coronation of Charles I, which took place earlier today. Shall we start?

Coronation of Charles I Picture1
Here we are, entering the Central Zone by the West Gate. Here we find the Ruterian and Utrovan delegations, which shall form the beginning of the procession.

Coronation of Charles I Picture2
Now, we are passing between the two wings of the Imperial Hospital. The doctors have allowed King Juan IV to attend the coronation, and so you can currently see him coming onto the main pathway, accompanied by six guards and one of his personal doctors. He will be staying in Grand for a while after the coronation for further medical treatment.

Coronation of Charles I Picture3
Now, finally, at the center of the palace, all the different delegations and their bodyguards, except for the ones from Martopia and Isolia, have met. The President of Insulo is not in the crowd though, having left this morning to personally oversee Operation Firestorm, an international coalition of troops destined to aid the oppressed ethnic Insulonians in Andalusia, and also to produce a reigme change in Andalusia. Thus, the total number of people in the crowd stands at 350 people, the vast majority of them being security.

Coronation of Charles I Picture4
Now that the Martopian and Isolian delegations have joined the crowd, increasing the number of people in the crowd to 376, we are now approaching Saint Francis' Cathedral, one of the largest in Grand, through the only route capable of taking such a large crowd, Cathedral Alley.

Coronation of Charles I Picture5
We have now arrived at Saint Francis' Cathedral, and the last few dozen people are entering. Let's enter now as well, shall we?

Coronation of Charles I Insidefrancis
Here we are, inside the cathedral. Let's listen to the coronation oath of Charles now:

Coronation of Charles I KingCharlesI
Charles I wrote:I, Charles the First, as King of Grand, Emperor of Belluterra, and King of Malo, do solemnly swear that I will do my utmost to be good, kind, and just to all of my subjects, rich or poor, old or young, and furthermore, to the best of my ability, to defend my territories of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo, and the heritage of my fathers, and the Constitutions which bind me, from any threat that arises, internal or external. So help me God.

Coronation of Charles I Picture6
Celebrations have broken out all over Grand, Belluterra, and Malo, and some of these may be covered in following updates. Over here, we have three fighter jets flying in formation over the palace, the lead one piloted by our new King-Emperor's uncle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for now! Khot hap ee ko, and please comment!

Last edited by Daniel on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Daniel

Daniel

BREAKING NEWS

King Juan IV has had a second heart attack and is at this moment being rushed to the Imperial Hospital. The planned reception dinner has been indefinitely postponed.

3Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:09 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

The Coronation was spectacular I enjoyed it a lot, Words of H.M.R King Juan
This words were just before the King had a Heart Attack and had to be Rushed to the Imperial Hospital in wich they said he is in a critical condition and possobly could die at any moment, We will tell you more.

http://www.usnw.net

4Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Bruce

Bruce

The Republic of Puget sends their condolences to the Ruterian royal family.

We will be awaiting the recovery of King Juan and also the reception by the new king of Grand.

https://plus.google.com/111420842954473821448/

5Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Congrats to the one king, and best of health to the other king Razz

Nice work Smile

6Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:34 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

As an Utrovan, it will be my upmost duty to stay by my friend, and second-cousin, King Juan, as he is in his hospital room. Also we congradualate Charles the First on his coronation!

- Tsar Stanislav VIII

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

7Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:26 am

Daniel

Daniel

NEWS FLASH

Today, it was announced that HMR King Juan IV does not have long to live. According to the doctors at the Imperial Hospital, he has 48 hours at best, and 20 hours at worst, before passing away. His condition is already noticably worse, with him constantly slipping into and out of consciousness. Juan has requested that the leaders of the nations allied with Ruteria come to him so that he may see them one last time before his death. He has also requested that the reception banquet be postponed no longer on his account. Thus, unless something new comes up, the banquet shall take place tonight.

Last edited by Daniel on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total

8Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:12 am

great Coronation, Escambia president, (me) will be visiting King Juan

9Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:30 am

Bruce

Bruce

President of Puget Bruce Englehardt will visit HRM of Ruteria in his final days and comfort his family. Again, we send our condolences to the royal family and the nation as they await the final minute.

10Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:07 am

androidboi

androidboi

New Friscia congrats the people of Grand, Belluterra and Malo on their new King-Emperor. Meanwhile, we send our prayers to the speedy recovery of King Juan IV.

11Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:02 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Prime Minister Ronald Smith will visit King Juan IV later on today a few hours before the banquet.

12Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:12 pm

alerules22

alerules22

The Royal Family of Ruteria will not attend to the Banquet and will stay with Juan until his final moment. The Royal Family thanks all the people for their company.

13Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:19 pm

Daniel

Daniel

King-Emperor Charles I will visit Juan IV before the banquet, and his mother Queen Amanthis II, as well as his sisters the Princess Royal May and Princess Frances, as well as the heir to the throne, the King's brother Prince Imperial Luke, will stay by Juan until the end.

14Coronation of Charles I Empty Reception Banquet of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Coronation of Charles I StateBanquetRoomLakeTranquilRoyalPalace
Here we are, at the reception banquet to celebrate the coronation of Charles the First. At the banquet, there shall be served many different dishes, both from Grand and from neighboring countries. The Ruterian delegation, as well as Charles' mother, two of his sisters, and his brother the Prince Imperial, will not be attending, as they are by the side of H.M.R. King Juan IV, who is currently dying. After the banquet, those delegations who brought gifts for the new Emperor may present them.

Coronation of Charles I Banquet1
Let's all take our seats now, as I describe to you some of the dishes served:

Coronation of Charles I PuneStew
First, we'll show the Grandian main dishes. Let's start off with this one: Pune stew. Pune stew is made from bunnies that are kept and specially treated until they are one year old. They are then killed, and their meat is dried for three days. It is then stewed, and mixed with a plethora of different other ingredients, which vary from region to region. The variation you see before you is the type most commonly eaten in northwest Rania, where this palace is located.

Coronation of Charles I Phusaakmalsai
Over here, we have phusaak malsai, which is pheasant stuffed with keta (a local fruit), dates, apples, and raisins, and then placed on a large dish decorated with lettuce, tomatoes, aktis berries, and multiple bunches of grapes.

Coronation of Charles I ChileNogada2
Now, we'll go on to the ones from Ruteria. We'll start with chiles en nogada. Chiles en nogada is a dish from Ruterian cuisine. The name comes from the Insulonian word for the walnut tree, nogal. It consists of poblano chiles filled with picadillo (a mixture usually containing chopped or ground meat, aromatics, fruits, and spices) topped with a walnut-based cream sauce and pomegranate seeds, giving it the three colors of the Ruterian flag: green for the chili, yellow/white for the nut sauce and red for the pomegranate.

Coronation of Charles I Chile_Rellenos
After we've finished with the delicious chiles en nogada, we will begin with the chile relleno. Chile relleno, literally "stuffed chile," is a dish of Ruterian cuisine that originated in the city of Puebi. It consists of a roasted fresh pueblino pepper (a mild chili pepper named after the city of Puebi), sometimes substituted with non-traditional Hatch green chile, Anaheim, pasilla or even jalapeño chili pepper. It is stuffed with melted cheese, such as queso, or picadillo meat made of diced pork, raisins and nuts, seasoned with canella; covered in an egg batter or simply corn masa flour and fried. Although it is often served in a tomato sauce, the sauces can vary. There are versions in Ruteria using rehydrated dry chiles such as anchos or pasillas.

Coronation of Charles I Pibil
Finally, to top off the Ruterian main dishes, we have cochinita pibil (also puerco pibil), which is a traditional Ruterian slow-roasted pork dish from the Merida. Preparation of traditional cochinita or puerco pibil involves marinating the meat in strongly acidic citrus juice, coloring it with annatto seed, and roasting the meat while it is wrapped in banana leaf.

Coronation of Charles I 538px-Jamon_Iberico_on_Passeig_de_Gracia_Barcelona
Now we move on to the Insulonian cuisine, which, in the main dishes section, consists of pata negra, a very popular type of ham exclusive to Insulo. I will now describe how pata negra is made from the Black Insulonian Pig: Immediately after weaning, the piglets are fattened on barley and maize for several weeks. The pigs are then allowed to roam in pasture and oak groves to feed naturally on grass, herbs, acorns, and roots, until the slaughtering time approaches. At that point the diet may be strictly limited to acorns for the best quality pata negra, or may be a mix of acorns and commercial feed for lesser qualities.
The hams from the slaughtered pigs are salted and left to begin drying for two weeks, after which they are rinsed and left to dry for another four to six weeks. The curing process then takes at least twelve months, although some producers cure their pata negra for up to 48 months.

Coronation of Charles I MonteXanicWine
Before we move on to desserts, I'd like to take a moment to describe some of the drinks that are being served: This one, over here, Monte Xanic wine, is considered to be one of the best wines in the country, and is reported to be a personal favorite of King Juan IV.

Coronation of Charles I Opeimien
Another notable drink here is opeimien, extremely popular all over Grand, and even in neighboring countries. The variation served at this banquet is Imperial opeimien Here's a brief description of how it is made: Opeimien is a special drink officially brewed only by the Imperial Brewery. There are two variants: Standard opeimien and Imperial opeimien. Imperial opeimien is prepared like this: The best Grandian Date Wine is taken from each duchy, plus the Autonomous Republic of Belluterra, and brought to the Imperial Brewery, where it is mixed with the best mulberry wine, also taken from every duchy and the Autonomous Republic. This in turn, is mixed with a combination of the best aged mulberry wine taken from every duchy and the Autonomous Republic and the best aged date wine taken from every duchy and the Autonomous Republic. It is then bottled and drunk.

Coronation of Charles I 800px-Horchata_de_chufa_2
The last drink here is horchata, a traditional Insulonian drink made from a mixture of tigernuts, water, and sugar. It is quite popular in Insulo, and is also favored, albeit in different forms, in other Insulonian-speaking nations around the world.

Coronation of Charles I Kuntishaleet
Now we move on to desserts, which we have in plenty. First on the menu is the Grandian dessert kuntishaleet, which is frozen yoghurt mixed with fruit and jam.

Coronation of Charles I Arros_amb_llet
See this dish? That's arroz con leche. Arroz con leche is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and sometimes other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. Different variants are used for either desserts or dinners. When used as a dessert, it is commonly combined with a sweetener.

Coronation of Charles I Flan
After the arroz con leche, we have flan, a delicious traditional Insulonian dessert, which is a custard with a sord of brown sufary carmel glaze.

Coronation of Charles I Churros-copy
Finally, to end the banquet, we have churros, also from Insulo. Churros are made of amazing hollow cake-like goodness extruded and rolled in cinnamon and sugar. They are usually served with a thick spanish hot chocolate.

Now that the banquet is complete, the national delegations bringing gifts may now present them.

15Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I wish I could attend the coronation Crying

16Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Great now I'm hungry Neutral

17Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

FOOD!

Don't tempt us oversized persons with food Neutral

Ok, I'm not oversized but still... Neutral

18Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:04 pm

alerules22

alerules22

Breaking News

We are sorry to announce that King Juan IV of Ruteria died yesterday at 23:45 hours after his body collapsed.
We will talk inform you more.

19Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:10 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

President Nazarov sends his condolences Crying

20Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:14 pm

The New Chandler government sends their deepest condolences.

21Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Shayden government sends their deepest condolences.

22Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Bruce

Bruce

The Pugetine people send their deepest condolences.

23Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:30 pm

Gonna copy what everyone else says even though it seems weird everyone used the same sentence.

The Escambian people send their deepest condolences to Ruteria and their people.

24Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:12 am

Daniel

Daniel

Le Roi est mort, viva la Regina!

Emperor Charles I and the Grandian Royal Family sends their condolences to the Ruterian Royal Family, and will make immediate arrangements for the transportation of his remains to Ruteria as soon as possible. They also wish to attend the funeral if possible, and wish the best of health and a long life to Queen Monica I.

25Coronation of Charles I Empty Re: Coronation of Charles I Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:02 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

It was horrible to see my friend die, I will remain near him until after the funeral.

-Tsar Stanislav VIII

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum