The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation

+8
Scotch Moen
Jon
Carl
SimEmirate
Agunter999
Juls
Willem
Qorten
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Accept Ami Confederation as a Member?

Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Pollle1070%Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Pollri10 70% [ 7 ]
Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Pollle100%Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Pollle1030%Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Pollri10 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:26 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

A high population could work in a way, they'd obviously be more crammed, and given the region, this would mean less desirable living conditions. There's nothing wrong with this, your cities don't have to look overly dirty even, but they'd be dense.

I'm wondering how accurate your area given is. At the moment, I see 35 million people living in an area smaller than New Zealand. Which doesn't really work.

27Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:13 am

Carl

Carl

There are certain things that CitiesXL can't do, one of them is the limitation of density. You can't just build a city expecting to be as dense as those ones in South Africa, let alone emulating a city in South Africa like Johannesburg. I'm pretty sure over 90% of you guys don't even had cities done, but that's SC4 where you just plop your lots emulating a real metropolis.

There is this misconception that a high population can be crammed and should be but there are more than 10 factors affecting the place, in the process called place making. You guys have always thought that the North American or European City is this base for all cities, and quite frankly, it is not. We North Americans and Europeans (same as people in Australia and New Zealand) have been in this idea that it would take a lot of space for this or it should be crammed as that. No, it doesn't. I've been to a "small" Filipino city a quarter the size of Winnipeg but manages to keep the same population and pulling it off with low density buildings with subdivision style homes. The reason? Occupants. You might have come from a 4 or 3 person family, but when there are 12 people at your house, it is quite different from the argument.

'Realism' should not be ported in this or any other applications because there is a limit both on the game mechanics and the narrowness of members' perception of what 'reality' is, like guys this isn't earth, again, we don't even have models that show a simplification of reality. What you think is real, seen on your never ending talk of political parties, political issues, or personal problems, is way different on what is real reality at the bottom of the s***hole of a slum or a tenement (quite frankly, I lived in one and my parents suffered selling vegetables in the street. I was taught how to collect and extract metals from computers). Welcome to the mystically confusing world of Urban Geography, where the 'most important' is overblown and the lesser known but really important stuff is omitted. So far, this application had emulated a sense of a place that is just a bit different than what was perceived as being real. Compare the pictures above to Luanda, Angola or Lagos, Nigeria.

If you are looking for real, go live at the slum.

Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Bay_of_Luanda
This looks European, but guess which city is this.

EDIT: Changes Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

28Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Wow after reading your rant I feel bad now. Why have you been so touchy lately Carl?

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

29Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:42 am

Carl

Carl

It's a combination of eye opening university lectures and discussion, the lack of open eyes and stress. Razz

(Just came out from the back of my mind*, but man, people must have loved seeing this outpour and overblowing it as part of their next antic they'll pull off. So keep on writing)

30Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Is USNW still accepting applications?

31Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

What?? of course it is it always will.

32Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

All right, I just thought we were ending the union, that's all.

33Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:55 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

What kind of question was that? Neutral

34Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Carl wrote:'Realism' should not be ported in this or any other applications because there is a limit both on the game mechanics and the narrowness of members' perception of what 'reality' is, like guys this isn't earth, again, we don't even have models that show a simplification of reality. What you think is real, seen on your never ending talk of political parties, political issues, or personal problems, is way different on what is real reality at the bottom of the s***hole of a slum or a tenement (quite frankly, I lived in one and my parents suffered selling vegetables in the street. I was taught how to collect and extract metals from computers).

I frankly don't care about his pictures, I never look at pictures in apps 'cause they're irrelevant to me. Stats are the most important and stats are relevant.

Carl wrote:
Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Bay_of_Luanda
This looks European, but guess which city is this.

Angola's an oil-state with 97% of its exports being crude petroleum. Therefore they can finance having a relatively "good looking" skyline. Yet, the country's still $censored$. It's the same case for so many other not-developed nations. It's not even confusing, it's clear af, it's the same anywhere. You see Time Square, then you see Detroit. It's everywhere the same thing.

@Qorten: Are you ready for your app to go to vote?

35Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:41 pm

Agunter999

That picture. That does not look European, believe me.

36Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Carl

Carl

Quite frankly agunter, you don't even see architecture of your own country.

@Juls - as I said earlier, there are different lifestyles that people had and even calculating density with the area, it's still quite manageable. Weren't you the one earlier that was arguing that it should be done "with his own desires"? But I do agree with this just being put to vote to make it rest.

37Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

This is turning into a argumennnnnnnnt.

Refrain from sparking debates here pwetty pwease.

Is everyone satisfied for a vote?

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

38Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate

Yep. Razz

39Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:05 am

Agunter999

Carl wrote:Quite frankly agunter, you don't even see architecture of your own country.

What????? of course I see my countries architecture. How on earth did you come up with that. I love architecture and I am very much interested in it. I am most offended.

40Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Carl wrote:Weren't you the one earlier  that was arguing that it should be done "with his own desires"?

As long as it's logical and rational. Aye. Razz

41Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Carl

Carl

Yep, I have to agree with you there Razz

42Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Carl

Carl

Any movements?

43Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:17 am

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

If I get word from Qorten I'll put it to vote.

44Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:07 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Any things that need changing? Given that the Adonia history is in the proces of being rewritten I thought about waiting out on history until I can give some input and have a clearer picture on colonization and all.

45Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:47 am

SimEmirate

SimEmirate

I think you're good. Razz

46Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Agunter999

Go to vote get in and do your history with us

47Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Jon

Jon

Alright then. Poll added and voted.

48Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:18 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate

Voted.

49Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:39 pm

Agunter999

Voted

50Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: Ambassadorial | Ami Confederation Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 am

City_Master

City_Master
Member (Septentria)
Member (Septentria)

Voted Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum