The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Espron

+2
Carl
Chris
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Espron Empty Espron Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

[center]SE Espron[center]

Welcome to the city of Espron! As you can tell, it's a heavily forested area, with lots of room for future expansion or metroparks. This city is located in the southwest region of Mitron, about 15 miles from the coast. The population of this "quadrant" is ~18,000. The city is divided into 4 quadrants, this is the SE one.
Espron HnpuUez
An overview of this quadrant, you can see how it's essentially divided up.

Espron AgS7PTn
This is the farthest south & east suburb within the city limits. It's mostly filled with medium-wealth citizens that work in the nearby industrial zone. However, many of them also work in the nearby commercial center. The residents generally use the highway or nearby train station to commute.

Espron LN4Aod1
This is the commercial district, based around the rail station.

Espron V3gBTn8
This is the industrial area I was talking about. Manufacturing dominates here.

Espron IIW0kKo
Little map of the main two ways of transit in the suburb I've been showing you about.

Espron IJwkT94
Power Parkway, the main supplier of power to Espron.

Espron CGRJnDM
The main water purifier, because even manufacturing pollutes, and it hits the river hard being so close. On the idea of clean power, they even installed a wind turbine for power.

Espron WSOjxSR
Onto the eastern bank of the river, another suburb, with lots of apartments.

Espron SFtTt2k
The a small store outlet east of the river.

Espron CBTqdu8
As we head farther south along the bank, we reach this industrial roadway. If you look closely, I believe there's some high tech there.

Espron T4fW4Fs
Along the most southern tip of the city limits, we reach a poorer side of town. Back in the '50s, when this area was developing, the factory managers needed homes for their workers. But they weren't willing to supply funds for proper homes, so the bottom of society lives here to supply the factories.

Espron T4kSKe0
This elevated over ground highway cloverleaf is the main way, to get to the southern half of Espron if you're on the western bank.

Well, that's all for now! As this is my first CJ, please leave any tips or comments. Questions are accepted too! Stay tuned for more updates from Mitron!

2Espron Empty Re: Espron Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 pm

Carl

Carl

Nice Start!

I suggest turning off the grid by pressing "g"

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

3Espron Empty Re: Espron Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

ArrowHead wrote:Nice Start!

I suggest turning off the grid by pressing "g"

g! I couldn't figure that out. Thanks!

4Espron Empty Re: Espron Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 am

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

Wow you are getting better fast! Very Happy For your highways, I suggest this to just make it more eye-appealing. Wink

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27873-updated-asphalt-highway-textures/
(Don't forget the dependency)

5Espron Empty Re: Espron Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:39 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Or the Project Symphony Mod in NAM 31. Razz

6Espron Empty Re: Espron Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Jack

Jack

^I have that, but it's so confusing. Razz I miss the Maxis highways, actually.

7Espron Empty Re: Espron Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

very nice start! I would also suggest getting plops to replace most of those maxis buildings as well

8Espron Empty Re: Espron Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

The main reason I have the maxis buildings is because I haven't really used them much; they look cool to me. Smile Eventually I'll get more plops too.

9Espron Empty Re: Espron Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Nice job so far. Remember the recipe for a status-quo city. Commercial in the center, then Residential around it, then Industry on the edges or outskirts. Industry should stay clear of any commercial and residential development, unless it's hightec, then it can blend in well around the others.

Try not to use highways unless it's a high density city you've built, or it's just one stretch of highway running from one end of the tile to the other so it's running through a town.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

10Espron Empty Re: Espron Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:03 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

MikeVM wrote:Nice job so far. Remember the recipe for a status-quo city. Commercial in the center, then Residential around it, then Industry on the edges or outskirts. Industry should stay clear of any commercial and residential development, unless it's hightec, then it can blend in well around the others.

Try not to use highways unless it's a high density city you've built, or it's just one stretch of highway running from one end of the tile to the other so it's running through a town.

Yeah, I did feel I was having a little too much highway. It was only supposed to be two heading into the main industry zone. I extended them both now to other cities, I'm going to try to have more of an emphasis on rail I suppose. I didn't feel the city was large enough for mass transit so I didn't do that.
I didn't want to do a commercial in the center residential then industrial on the outside because I thought that'd be boring! lol but thanks for the tips! Smile

11Espron Empty Re: Espron Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:42 am

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I don't know seeing as this city has now been deleted for over a month, and the whole region is scrapped, could we lock this thread, or archive it or something? I don't want to delete it.

12Espron Empty Re: Espron Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:50 am

Carl

Carl

Locky and move Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum