The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories

+6
Trevy
Carl
Jack
kj34
Kurt
Chris
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Is that like cheating? I mean it addds demand and everything, so isn't it like cheating? And if you guys have any BATS or lots, or stuff like that, tell me.

Sure, you can move it.

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

It is cheating. Razz Cheating is accepted, almost required for making an eye-appealing city.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Well I won't cheat, at least not at the beginning. Smile This'll actually be the first time I'll have any kind of a skyscraper city, if I can do that. So I'm going to be legit. Does anyone else even play legit?

If I can't do it, I'll cheat then. Smile

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Yeah your probly not going to be able to build a big, nice city without cheating. Its pretty much taboo if you dont "cheat". I mean technically its not cheating because your not competing. You just want to make cities that are bad a$$.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Well, once I get that feeling of legitly making a metropolis, I think then I can feel less guilty about playing non-legitly.

Carl

Carl

LOL Razz

There have been multiple people who have done it, including Will here. So why not try it out LOL

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Who me Razz

Psihomode

Why don't you try to download some STEX?

Carl

Carl

No Kiwi will, Will R :p

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I have some STEX stuff but not a lot. If you guys have any suggestions or anything then go right ahead and tell me, it'll help out my cities. Other than that whatever I find I'll use if I find it worthy.

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Jack wrote:Kenny is just very diligent and has been working on the project for a long time. Razz

Very long Razz and not expected to finish it.

Jack wrote:
Also, the region you are choosing is Adonia's Africa. Paradise (presumably) was formed from volcanic eruptions, and has different climates than the rest of the continent. So, if you choose mainland Neridea, you will have an Africa climate. If this is not what you wanted, there is another option in the area.

Yeah, Paradise is a peculiar island chain. The mainland is a different story Razz

I think I'm going to put a poll up, just because you lot are SO slow. Very Happy

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I don't think it'd be wise to put it to a vote until we've found the guy a good location first, not to mention other smaller details.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

I don't think this is ready to go to vote yet.

--

Hello,

I'm Jon, I'm the Executive Secretary of USNW. If you want to build cities without cheating in any way that's perfectly fine, you can produce awesome looking cities using just growables, as has been shown in natural growth CJs. I myself hardly ever play the game, but I'd probably have more fun if I did. Razz As far as custom content goes it really depends on what you want, if you give us an idea of what you'd like we can give you suggestions. Maxis buildings are okay, but there are higher quality replacements out there.

To get started I'd highly recommend picking up a terrain mod, water mod, and slope mod.

A really nice HD Terrain mod that is intended to replace the default Maxis terrain is available here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2867

If you don't like that there are many other options.

There's some excellent water mods out there, I can help you pick one if you give me an idea of what you want.

And a slope mod: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1512

If you need any help with anything, please feel free to contact me.

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Fine, fine. Kurt may have rushed me into it.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Jon wrote:I don't think this is ready to go to vote yet.

--

Hello,

I'm Jon, I'm the Executive Secretary of USNW. If you want to build cities without cheating in any way that's perfectly fine, you can produce awesome looking cities using just growables, as has been shown in natural growth CJs. I myself hardly ever play the game, but I'd probably have more fun if I did. Razz As far as custom content goes it really depends on what you want, if you give us an idea of what you'd like we can give you suggestions. Maxis buildings are okay, but there are higher quality replacements out there.

To get started I'd highly recommend picking up a terrain mod, water mod, and slope mod.

A really nice HD Terrain mod that is intended to replace the default Maxis terrain is available here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2867

If you don't like that there are many other options.

There's some excellent water mods out there, I can help you pick one if you give me an idea of what you want.

And a slope mod: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1512

If you need any help with anything, please feel free to contact me.

I have that slope mod, and I forget if I have a terrain mod or not, also I have a water, beach, and tree mod. They are all for like a Washington/Oregon type climate, I believe Jack was the one who got me them.

I was also going to start building my nation a few days ago, but alas was hit with technical problems that hindered that, and I've had baseball and a huge orchestra thing going all week, so I haven't been able to play, I've barely been able to get on here. I also have some other forums (non-SC4 related) that I'm active on and am trying to accomodate all. This is a tough week for me, hopefully next week I'll be able to do more.

Jack

Jack

That is fine, take your time. Smile We will help you along the way until you are ready. You won't have to be a master to be ready; just acquire the basic skills and tools to have the ability to become one!

There is really a lack of space in that area, but I will see what I can do with the map to make more. Wink

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Yeah, I'm still not sure whether the other guy (I feel bad forgetting his name) is taking Squamisha or not.

Also, is there a western Europe on the map?

Jack

Jack

This would be western Europe:
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories - Page 2 2tuid
The underlined nations and Posillipo, Calibria, Loftindor, and Trentannia are not available right now, but anything else is fine.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Jack wrote:This would be western Europe:
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories - Page 2 2tuid
The underlined nations and Posillipo, Calibria, Loftindor, and Trentannia are not available right now, but anything else is fine.

That's my backup plan, at the moment. I'm not a huge fan of Eastern Europe, but I love Western Europe a lot.

Jack

Jack

Awesome! Grand Aescail/Laagvlatke would be like our Belgium-Netherlands area. There is a mix of German and French culture, with a little Spanish in the far west. Aelin would be similar to Austria.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Is there any France/Germany/Britain?

Jack

Jack

France: Posillipo (very important in most nations' history, also the founder of USNW's former nation)
Germany: Brullen (used to be an observer but was removed from membership after a new law was passed. Owned by RepublicMaster, an active USNW-forums member)
Britian: Trentannia (very important in several nations' history. Protected, but something can possibly be worked out)

IMO, Aelin is the best option. But that is completely up to you.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Ok, I'll mull it over, but just to be clear I'd still prefer to have Squamisha

Jack

Jack

I see a potential island here:
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories - Page 2 2tvr8

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Possibly. I think an island would be cool, but we don't need to go out of our way to make one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum