The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote

+6
Sauberbmw
Trevy
Scotch Moen
Carl
Willem
YingBlanc
10 posters

What sport will be accepted into the XXIII Winter Games?

Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Pollle1017%Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Pollri10 17% [ 2 ]
Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Pollle1067%Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Pollri10 67% [ 8 ]
Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Pollle1016%Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Pollri10 16% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:48 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Iagc_logo
THE INTERNATIONAL ADONIAN GAMES COMMITTEE

Oh Behalf of the AGC (Adonian Games Committee), I call to the AGC Representatives on all the participating countries that can participate, I request that you help with a decision with a new official sport for the Winter Adonian Games coming up. This event will be totally unique and possibly not done in any other sporting event in Adonia. This will also be the first new sport chosen since 2002.

So I ask with the help of descriptions of each sporting event, for the countries to decide on the official sport to be chosen for the XXIII Winter Adonian Games.

Mountaineering:

Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Gran-Paradiso-Mountaineering-Training-Day-1-Crampon-practice-at-the-Col-Freshfield_imagelarge

This sport contains of scaling select mountains, or a section of a mountain range either once or many times. This typically split into 2 disciplines, Expedition and Alpine.

Alpine Style which will be the one performed contains of climbing a select mountain once. Less participants are needed and fewer supplies will be used in absence of multiple climbs, this also applies to Oxygen supplements since it is one climb. But there is a danger of being trapped at high altitudes potentially being exposed to deadly elements. Yet it takes less cost to host and takes a lesser amount of time than Expedition Style.

Positives:
+ Cheap to host
+ Smaller time to perform
+ Less participants needed to host for

Negative:
- Dangerous to elements
- No Oxygen Supplements

Disciplines:
1) Alpine Style Mountaineering

Sled-Dog Racing:

Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Apostle-islands-sled-dog-race-11-2-_2692

This sport contains of racing with dog-pulled sleds of multiple distances and amounts of dogs aloud, but for this we will be using the official amounts of 20 mile, 40 mile, 60 mile and 100 mile races and with 4,6,8,10 and unlimited amounts of huskies to pull sleds. For the first games though will focus on 4 and 10 dogs with the 20, 40 and 60 mile races.

the sled racing will be time trial and now a mass start like some, meaning that at different intervals different competitors will be set off, and the time between the start and finish will decide the results, not the placing of when they arrive. This is also a dangerous sport, yet it is not as dangerous with more rescue options than Mountaineering and more tracking technology.

Positives:
+ Diverse Amount of sport disciplines
+ Safer than Mountaineering
+ More Time than Racing against each other

Negatives:
- Could be seen as unethical to animal treatment
- Very time consuming (possibly taking up multiple days)
- Still dangerous.

Disciplines:
1) 4 Dog - 20 Mile - 40 Mile and 60 Mile
2) 10 Dog - 20 Mile - 40 Mile and 60 Mile

Avalanche Rescue:

Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote 7197444

Although not officially a sport, it can be applied to as a sport just as Lifeguarding in swimming can be and has in a few demonstration sports in Summer Games. This contains a group of individuals, professional in job or just as a sport, being timed on how long till they find multiple manikins (replacing humans) trapped under snow, and be placed in a time trial fashion. St. Bernards or any breed of rescue dog fit for Avalanche Rescues are required to make the sport a fare game, the disciplines will be decided on how many manikins there is; 1,3 and 5. Groups will be prohibited to only having 4 members and a rescue dog.

Positives:
+ Cheap to set up
+ Most job related sport in current roster
+ Safest of the 3
+ Time trail based

Negatives:
- Manikins could be the only costly item in the sport
- Rescue dogs need to be accounted for in hosting
- Possibility of large gap in experiences with actual rescuers against sporting/hobbyist rescuers
- Could require more hosting facilities for large groups.

Disciplines:
1) 1 Manikin Rescue
2) 3 Manikin Rescue
3) 5 Manikin Rescue

With that I leave the choice up to you to choose the new sport

2Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Voteeed Very Happy

3Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Carl

Carl

Voted on mobile.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

4Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

My mountains are PERFECT for these. D:

Oh yeah yeah, i voted!

Last edited by MikeVM on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

5Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

No mine are Razz

6Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Voted..

7Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Voted!

8Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:05 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Voted.

9Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:59 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Voted.

10Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:06 am

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Voted.

11Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Carl

Carl

Since Ying is in AIN, I could say that Sled-dog racing has been added on this edition of the Adonian Winter Games.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

12Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:38 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I'm still gonna Observe here Carl, I decided xDxD but yus, close the voting I say x3

13Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Empty Re: Adonian Games | Sport Addition Vote Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Yay, dogsled racing! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum