The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal | Emergency Elections for Chancellor and Executive Secretary

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I'm going to make this short and simple. We all know that Nate resigned as Chancellor; Will was appointed as chancellor; and Kurt, our executive secretary, has resigned from the union. We all know that the union is in a fragile state and that something needs to be done to make the union feel like a democracy once again. I am proposing this with all due respect to Nate, Will, Daniel, and Kurt, as I know they all have good intentions for the union.

Here are the terms:
  • If they agree to it, Jon or Daniel will be in charge of the voting.
  • The voting will take place on a Google Docs form.
  • The voting will take place 2 weeks after this passes, to allow members time to campaign and to allow time for members to cool down.
  • The voting will last until all active members have voted.
  • Open for Debate: A winner is determined when a candidate receives the most votes.

This is still up for debate and I would love to hear what the rest of you think. I am proposing this only because I feel a fair victory is what is right, and because we obviously need an executive secretary.

Great idea. I'm in favor

Jack

Jack

Thank you, Nate. I hope you will be running for office. Smile

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Sounds good to me too Smile

I won't be running. Sorry haha.

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Will we be redoing all elections or just the vacant/chancellor one?

Jack

Jack

Trevy: Elections will be for Chancellor and Executive Secretary. Razz

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Oh okay, yeah that sounds like the only reasonable and democratic way to resolve this issue.
And it should be a Majority 50% + 1

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

This proposed legislation is redundant. The Chancellor does not have the power to appoint a successor. Thus, both the positions of Chancellor and Executive Secretary are vacant via resignation. The only method, according to the Charter, for filling cabinet positions is election. Therefore, no proposal is not required for such an election, as it already has to, and will, happen.

Therefore, this proposal is declined.

The proposed election procedure is, however, going to be used as it is more efficient than the process used in the elections.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum