The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members

+10
kj34
Scotch Moen
Fox
residentsim
Daniel
Carl
stanislavsoltys
YingBlanc
Will
Kurt
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Today, by vote of the remaining active Union Administrators, our former Chancellor and one-time First Minister, Charles "Chip" Brown, has been stripped of his title and banned from the union for sexual harassment toward at least one member of USNW which began around one year ago.

This disheartens us as he is the Union Founder and the symbol of our union, but we are strengthened to know that justice has been done, and that he won't be able to harass any more members of our union. We are still very sad to know that this happened in the first place, and would like to say this. If any member is ever sexually harassing you, take pictures of the convo, tell an admin, and that member will be taken care of. If that admin doesn't do anything, tell other admins and report that admin for not taking action. If none take action, than that union doesn't deserve you. The remaining active Union Administrators would like to apologize for not taking action until now, and we wish that we knew of this earlier. On that note, let's try to rebuild USNW and make it a union worth being in.

His Chancellor position will be jointly held by us, unless someone would like to take his spot. Otherwise we will hold elections in June when the site is more active. Thank you.

Daniel Emperor and Kurt Smith

Last edited by Kurt on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I recommend either yourself or Daniel gets promoted to Chancellor, either of you would do the position honor. As for Chip, glad to see justice done, I had no idea any of this was going on. Is this ban permanant? If I'm allowed i'll take one of the positions. After seeing the grass is browner, not greener on the other side, I'm sticking here for the long haul. Smile

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Will: We are planning on making a new site and carrying our stuff over their, because he owns the site and we can't do anything to him on here.

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

ok. I like that idea. Maybe use a shared admin account and create the site as a whole instead of one person as an admin. Give each executive admin power but the original admin should be called "admin" and not be anyone's sole account.

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

D= that's what the talk was about D= I had no idea Chip did that, I hope ********** okay D= I think a shared admin idea is a great idea, on the plus side it has many admins which means that there are multiple opinions but then that is also a downside...hmm....But yeah go for the shared Admin. And I can't wait for the new site =3

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

We should do that, the member harrassed was my best friend, and this greatly hurts me. I used to like Chip, but this has gone too far. Neutral

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

As a former administrator and someone who tried throughout my time here to get peace between Chip and the victim, this is incredibly disheartening.

First of all, Kurt, it's concerning that you said this... Chip was not, nor will any one person ever be, the symbol of our union. Were not North Korea, we don't look up to one person, period. However, Kurt saying this was kind of something Chip got, and, what do you know, he got too powerful. I was so frustrated with being the middle man in a battle between two people that, like any personal conflicts, don't have winners, but two losers. And now look what we have, a barred administrator and a separate union whose members, truly, should be here, like they used to be. (and apparently that's not even who was the victim. Just goes to show what can happen).

The true symbol of any union is the people in it. Easy as that. Smile

Also, we did know of this earlier, we just didn't do anything. It's just we didn't have anyone to tell. My props to the administration for dealing with a very difficult topic, and I'm very sorry for not trying to push this farther. Again though, I couldn't have done much until we had more administrators, and I was already gone, in part because I was sick of dealing with this, but mostly for reasons outside of the USNW.

As far as rebuilding, you can contact Forumotion to oust Chip of being the founding administrator, and give that right to a current admin. Kind of funny because Chip was the one that said that Razz I see no reason to move away from this site; you have no idea how hard it is to rebuild one of these.

If you need me I'll be here for a little while, but I have no interest in returning at this point in time. But as said, if you need me around for a little while to rebuild, help, etc., I can probably do so.

Last edited by K50 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carl

Carl

What can I say? Let's just rebuild D:

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I apologize for my bad wording.

10ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, K50; this could really be what we need to save the site Smile

11ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:55 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I vote jon owning the site. Razz Yea, we have to rebuilt, recruit some more people, put up more advertisements, and the such. An alternate could be to merge wth another union, but we all like to be an independent union. Razz

12ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:00 pm

could somebody please update the Adonia map, I need it really bad please.

oh, and will we have a re-election?

13ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Daniel

Daniel

The next elections will be in June, I believe. Smile

Also, merging your double-post.

14ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:20 pm

LOL, sorry about that Razz

15ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:22 pm

residentsim

residentsim

Sorry to hear this. I will stay here for the recovery. Hope all goes well.

16ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:31 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I'm doing an updated map Escilnavia =P might take time though xD

17ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:02 am

Fox

I'm also in the process of doing an updated map since Chip never added my Nation or several other changes that had been approved this year. Perhaps we can work together on this project and offer each other help.

Only a few people are eligible to run for higher office at this point of time including 9988 and Jon, and if they are not willing to take on the responsibility then I'm happy to help be a caretaker as I am the next person to hit the 5month Full Membership restriction (end of April).

Also happy to return to the Cartographic Committee as well as help out in the Wiki, since I'm only 1 of the 4 people who use it on a regular basis. But I'd like to see a nomination and vote process take place, but I do believe Will, Carl and Ying are all good choices.

We've also had several members from the History group leave, and we should look at replacing them as well. I'd like to see a nomination and vote process take place for this too, and believe Daniel and 9988 are both good choices.

It is a trying time at the moment with in the Union and we need everyone to pull together and start pulling their weight and acting to support each other. Stop the rubbishing and trashing people on skype, stop with the doomsday and end of the union announcements .. this type of stuff is what is pulling us apart.

Be active, be supportive and if you can't then be polite and change the subject.

Lets support our friends in their time of need, and lets get past this phase of uncertainty and make this Union live again.

VIVA LA USNW!!

18ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Hell, that chip guy was a creeper? Hmm.

Anyway, if you guys think I might do well at any position, just let me know, and I'll try my best to contribute.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

19ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:24 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I'm more than happy to pass the full ask over if you want cause really it's a harder task than I expected xDxD But meh yeah we can work together.

20ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 am

Fox

Thanks .. sarcasm after I ask for us to all come together in unity to kick start this union again.

That's the spirit. Keep it up.

MikeArchean ... look forward to what you can bring to the union, I've already heard many good things about your CJ, and I must go check it out.

21ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:03 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Technically i'm over five months since It doesn't say five consecutive. Wink

Also, wasn't sure how quite to say it but If this is the sort of thing that got Chip his kicks I don't think we need someone like him in our union. As long as justice is carried out as much as possible, I'm glad to see it happen Smile

22ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:46 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Fox, no need, as you've been a member for three months, I asked a few guys a while back, I think they said three months as a member n the USNW.

23ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Actually Stan, it was amended to five months in late December. Wink

24ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Actually checked the charter earlier today and it still says three months. If it was amended yall should fix that Wink

25ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Only Chip can edit the Charter... which is why the only amendment ever passed that has been put into the charter so far is the one that established the Judiciary Department. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum