The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help for a newbie please xD

+6
Chip
Kurt
Fox
Daniel
Carl
YingBlanc
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Daniel

Daniel

That beach looks pretty good! Smile

27Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Looks pretty good, but the houses look abandoned D:

28Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:44 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

is that the grey thing?? I find just going out of simcity and going back in (while keeping it open) gets rid of the greyness.

29Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:06 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Yeah the decaying of the houses. If they abandoned than they won't become un-abandoned.

30Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:47 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

okays so all I need to do is replace them? Also anybody know any good diagonal modern buildings both straight and corner?

31Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

There's normally a reason they abandon that you need to fix, like the commute times are too long, in that case you'd need to put the businesses closer to the residential or build a new highway, rail line, or subway to connect them that would reduce the time. Some also require water. You can see the reason for the abandonment by clicking the little question mark in the bottom left of the User Interface and then clicking the building, up at the top it should say something like: Abandoned due to commute time or Abandoned due to lack of water. If you fix that and replace the buildings then you should have solved your problem, if not, you can just use 2b2gbi's mod on our File Exchange that make abandonment during the day unnoticeable. However, the night lighting won't work.

http://www.usnw.net

32Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:20 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I have used the mod that's why i asked if to just replace the buildings xDxD but thanks anyways Chip ^_^

33Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

You should be able to then, yes.

34Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:54 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I've nearly finished the first bit of the first section, hows it look? Any improvements I can make before advancing?

Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Wholeforumreview2

Also which stage would you say I would be ready to sign up out of curiosity?

35Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

It looks good but i'd like a closer pic first. From what I can tell it looks atleast ambassadorial worthy. I would say finish developing at the top but usually don't, I think that development that close to downtown needs to be finished though... I can't remember what Maxis Terrain looks like but I do notice you don't have a water mod, i'd recommend both if you don't already have atleast the terrain mod.

36Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:05 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

yokays and I know I will, I'm continuing the capital out to the neighbouring sections. And I do have a terrain mod, I forgot which but i do, and I don't have a water mod, do you recommend any?

Edit: Here's the pictures of the area close up.

Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Closeup1u
Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Closeup2t
Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Closeup3w
Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Closeup4e
Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Closeup5

37Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Overall it all looks good, I think that you should have a third avenue going upwards from the roundabout in the last pic and it can turn into one way roads so the game will let you put that road that continues when the other stops in like it is. As for water mods, search for Peg's Water Mods, they're very realistic in my opinion, any one will work but it depends on what you're going for, I see alot of Parisian, alot of Americanish and alot of NDEX/British stuff bit i'm not sure what style it's supposed to be (there's nothing wrong with that I should add Smile ) Maybe get some more buildings that will smooth out the drop of the skyline, it's not as sudden as mine (something I'm fixing) but it still looks kinda sudden. That may seem like alot but mostly it's ramble, and as a general thing, I do like it. I think you're easily within being accepted as an ambassador for now Smile

38Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:04 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Thanks Will, I don't get what you mean about the roundabout though. The style is suppost to be a British/Parisian mix, and I'll see what I can fine to soften out the skyline. I'll see about the PEG water mod as well.

39Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Carl

Carl

OMG Looks Great!

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

40Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Yeah I wasn't quite sure how to word that, i'll get pictures to do the talking for me. As for the Water Mod, i think Clipper is you're best bet, seems closest to British but most of his are Atlantic styled mods.

http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;cat=26
These are all his mods, from this site you'll have to sign up (it's alot of good stuff, most of it's on the stex but not quite all) to download but all his water mods are on the stex too. To find them on the stex, just search for it. _________ Water Mod

41Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Carl

Carl

Your picture still looks a bit grainy... Well, you'll have to save it to PNG or a high quality JPEG

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

42Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Wow, you're doing fantastic. : D But, yeah, save as a .png, or if you have GIMP or PS save it as a higher quality .jpeg

43Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Will meant that on the roundabout you made in the last picture, where you dragged two normal roads from the corners, he said you should've done an avenue instead, and then it could split into one way roads when you wanted it to.

Personally, I think you are fine to apply for Ambassadorial Membership, I would vote YES on it Smile

44Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Thanks K50, that saved me some time and thinking Razz

45Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:28 am

Daniel

Daniel

I think it looks really good, and I'd definitely say you're ready to apply in my opinion Smile

Also, here is my favorite water mod, in addition to the ones Will listed: Rivit's Coastal Modd Wink

46Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:45 am

Ying: Be careful downloading water mods like that. As great as they are, I believe you can't load existing cities if you have one.... you can only build new ones.

EDIT: I might be mistaking them for terrain mods Razz I'm not quite sure.

47Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:43 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

thanks all for suggestions I've settled on Brigantine yesterday. And with the roundabouts, I would connect it without going to the sides, but when I do it straight into the roundabout, I don't like how the road where it connects is straightened out. and I'll put it as PNG since it's as JPEG or would I higher resolution setting work as well?

edit: I got what you mean with the roundabout, thanks for it ^_^

48Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Daniel

Daniel

K50 wrote:Ying: Be careful downloading water mods like that. As great as they are, I believe you can't load existing cities if you have one.... you can only build new ones.

EDIT: I might be mistaking them for terrain mods Razz I'm not quite sure.
I have no idea what you're referring to, as the water mod I listed works perfectly with existing cities Razz

49Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Actually, from my experience, it doesn't matter, If you remember Sernsen County from Calma Domain, it was built before I knew what either was, and I loaded it with a new Water AND Terrain Mod, both of which showed up.

50Help for a newbie please xD - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Strange, my game crashed when I changed the terrain mod in New Chandler III Cross

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum