The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help for a newbie please xD

+6
Chip
Kurt
Fox
Daniel
Carl
YingBlanc
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Help for a newbie please xD Empty Help for a newbie please xD Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:57 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I've downloaded the PEG Port pack and I'd like somebody to help me get good at it xD if anybody has it please tell me a few tips on how to get it good please =P

2Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Carl

Carl

Connect what fits Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

3Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:20 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I got how they worked, i was just curious about them glowing squares on the edges and the blue square.

4Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:23 pm

Daniel

Daniel

The blue square means that part of the lot can only be in the water, and the glowing squares on the edges... not sure about that one Razz

5Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:33 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

there are 2 glowing red squares but I found out they both need to be on terraferma. ^_^

6Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Fox

Red squares means it needs to be on land, and the blue is correct.. in the water.

7Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:09 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

ah yokays thanks, now I'm confused on growables, when you download them what you need to do to make sure you get the downloadable ones and not the simcity defaults? Also anybody know where to get good castles?

8Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:22 am

Daniel

Daniel

Well, if you want both the original Maxis growables and the downloaded growables to grow in your city, then just make sure to download a lot of the downloadable growables Wink

If you don't want any Maxis buildings at all, then download and install this: [link]
It will block all Maxis growables from growing in your city Smile

9Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:26 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

ah thanks Dan, this will help much ^_^ what about the wait to have it built, I mean I put lots of houses down, you need to do everything by the book here or is there a mod that means that as soon as the plot is highlighted it's instantly built?

10Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Well, you can download [http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/21118-extra-cheats-plugin-from-maxis/]this[/url] this, and you can plop commercial and industrial as soon as you get in the game (but you need supporting conditions though), but residential you need to lay down the residential tile in the area you want it, let the game play for 5 or so sim days, then plop. (You use BuildingPlop)

11Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:11 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

ah I know of the extra cheats, I'll have a look at the one which you described.

12Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

There's actually a lot of good Maxis buildings in that cheat too that the game won't grow for some reason. So, if you type in "buildingplop" and scroll down to the c's and then to CO$$$ a lot of those are highrise commercial office buildings, and most of them are under grown by the game, which is why maxis is so repetitive. Also, you might want to invest in 2b2gbi's mod that kills abandonment if you're going to do that. HERE

http://www.usnw.net

13Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:51 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I've sorted out a good way to do it now but thanks anyways Chip ^_^ edit: okay I need the abandonment mod, is the sign for it the briefcase?

14Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

That means there no jobs, but if you have the abandonment mod then they won't abandon so just get rid of the zots (the briefcase) by typing "tastyzots" into the cheat menu.

15Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:12 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

ah yokays, thanks Chip ^_^

Edit: I've been feeding K50 little previews to let him tell me how I'm doing, so here's a brand new one for all of you to see. Anything you see improving then I'll be graceful for that ^_^

Help for a newbie please xD Wholeforumpreviewreview

16Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Fox

Great start so far.. Don't forget to pre-plan mass transport like rail lines, that way you don't have to bulldoze lots of things to lay down tracks. Don't forget lots of bus stops too.

17Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Wow, you're doing awesome for a beginner, you'll have an application in in no time! : D

18Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:30 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

thanks you 2 ^_^ I've already got a rail line to the east side of the picture next to the highway (underground that's why you can't see it xDxD) I'mma add one to the west side somewhere. Any of you know any good terrace houses that can be used as this countries Downing Street?

19Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:40 am

Daniel

Daniel

Looks really good so far Smile

20Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:02 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I've finally thought of an easy way to make beaches which look ascetically pleasing to me, but I'd like to know if it looks good for you lot ^_^

Help for a newbie please xD Wholeforumbeachreview

21Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I'd like to know where you got the sand Razz Looks excellent, I can only think one thing which could improve it, I think you have some steep slopes, I don't know if you've got a slope mod or not but i'd recommend one a quick search of the stex for one Smile

22Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:09 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

yeh I'm not to much bothered about the slopes, I think they look quite good take it I want that hill to be quite cliffy =P Anyways I'll have a look around for a steep slope mod. Also I can't quite recall where I got them but i'll scavenge though history to get the right link.

23Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

if you can give me the name i'll worry about finding it Smile

24Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:53 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I copied this from the Read-Me

Terrain Brushes - by der Gammler

but I may be called something else, but that's the maker =P

25Help for a newbie please xD Empty Re: Help for a newbie please xD Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Alright, That works, thank you Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum