The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elections 2012 - Read here first.

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Elections 2012 - Read here first. Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Elections 2012 - Read here first. 3rdusnwelectionheader

It's election season in the USNW. This means Full Members can run for ministry positions or executive cabinet offices, and BAT, Ambassadorial, and Full Members can democratically vote on who should they want to be the next leader or minister.

Here's how it works. If you are a full member (this means your name is the burnt red color), you can run for as many ministries that you think you can handle. You can also run for an executive cabinet office (Chancellor, First Minister, or Executive Secretary), but if you do, you have to choose one of those three (i.e., you can't run for Chancellor and Executive Secretary, you have to choose one).

To run for office, you need to have a campaigning thread ready to go. Create this somewhere in this subforum saying something like "(name) for (position)". You can post your plans in office, your campaign signatures, avatars, etc. in that thread. Have one thread for each position. On January 4, your thread will be locked. If you don't create a thread by the January 4 deadline, you will NOT be in the polls, even if you are the incumbent. After this will be debates. Moderators will be chosen by the administration for each of the three executive debates, which will take place on January 7 and 13. All debates will take place over Skype. Debates for ministries will be moderated by K50 and will take place on January 7 and 13. It is not required to show up to each of these debates even if you are running, but it is highly recommended. Times will be announced when we are ready.

Election day: Tuesday, January 17, 2011 (polls close the following Thursday, the 19th).

Regarding the above, there are a few guidelines. Please don't throw someone who is running against you (or anyone in the SCC or RL for that matter) into the dirt. We are all friends here, don't go slamming on them. Any content like that will be removed. Also, you may not go around asking people what they voted during the voting stage. Do NOT tell ANYBODY what you voted, unless an admin asks you after the voting is closed.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Has anything changed since last time?
Yes. There are now debates in the elections, which are a new initiation in election in any union. There will also be no more write-in votes.

Am I eligible to run?
That's a good question the eligibility list will answer.

I've been an Ambassadorial Member for three months. Can I apply for full membership and be able to run for a ministry?
Yes. This was a very common trend in the last elections, and probably will be again. Check the eligibility list to make sure you aren't running for nothing, however.

What is a majority in these elections?
Unlike the International Assembly where a 2/3 majority is required, any majority will win the elections. If someone receives 8 votes (at this point in time, that is just over 50% of the union), they will clinch the position and the polls will be closed with immediate effect. If someone does not receive 8 votes but has more than the other person running, they will win the poll.

What happens in ties, and/or can I get a recount?
In ties or in extremely close elections where it is requested, recounts will be awarded. They will be a shorter poll (only open half as long as the initial polls). The winner of the recount will win the elections. Only one recount can be awarded. Ties in recounts that were requested will be won by whoever won the first poll. Ties in recounts affected by a tie in the first poll are extremely rare and unanticipated and will be dealt with when they happen.

Can I be a moderator for a debate?
Not if you ask. The privilege of being a moderator will be given to members who we find impartial and who we find would do well in managing a situation if it comes up

How and when will the debates take place?
Debates will take place over Skype on the dates posted. Times will be announced when all of the members running can attend. Debates will be public to the USNW and will strictly prohibit people in other unions, even if they are observers here.

Last edited by K50 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:10 am

Just to clarify, I've bumped back the voting dates a bit, so your current term now is shorter. Is everybody okay with this? I don't want to make it unfair. Smile

3Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:13 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I don't want to get into anything, but the Charter says 6 months...

http://www.usnw.net

4Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:13 am

Which was the point of that post..... Razz

5Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:47 am

Also, if I am going to run for 5 ministry positions, do I have to create five different threads for the each ministry?

6Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:31 am

Daniel

Daniel

I believe so Smile

7Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:42 pm

9988 wrote:Also, if I am going to run for 5 ministry positions, do I have to create five different threads for the each ministry?
Yup.

Are you sure you can manage 5?

8Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Very true, next go around the Ministries are going to be expected to do more than last terms.

9Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Carl

Carl

I've been an Ambassadorial Member for three months.

Isn't that supposed to be a month? Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

10Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:55 am

I am going to be very active in all 5 ministries. I definitely think I can handle it.

11Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:44 am

Daniel

Daniel

Just wondering, if I created a thread, would I have to have something written in it in order for it to count as me running for that office?

Example: link

12Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:51 pm

You're supposed to, but I wouldn't say it's mandatory. Knowing how slow our ministries were last time, I'm personally going to vote with either who has done the most, or who plans on doing the most. And you need writing to do that Smile

But technically, if you have that thread, you are in the running.

13Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:32 am

This is the last day to declare your running for something. If you have any plans on running for an office, you MUST have your thread in today, even if you are the incumbent.

Tomorrow, your threads will be locked; no information from that point forward can be added. The rest of your campaigning will take place in the two debates.

14Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:48 am

Daniel

Daniel

What will happen to incumbents in a position no one is running for?

15Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Daniel wrote:What will happen to incumbents in a position no one is running for?
They won't be in the polls Razz

16Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:42 am

Daniel

Daniel

K50 wrote:
Daniel wrote:What will happen to incumbents in a position no one is running for?
They won't be in the polls Razz
And who WOULD be in the polls for that position then? Razz

17Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:54 am

Carl

Carl

Ummm, I guess no one Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

18Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

If any ministries are vacant after this, the new Cabinet will appoint someone to the ministries. Otherwise, if no one else ran, whoever ran will be the winner.

19Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Bump: When exactly is the date for the election, K50?

20Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:32 pm

The 17th.

21Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:40 am

Daniel

Daniel

What happened to the debate on the 7th? D:

22Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Daniel wrote:What happened to the debate on the 7th? D:
huh?

23Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

You said there would be a debate on the 7th...

24Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Well it got removed Razz

We don't really need 3 debates anyway so we only have 2.

25Elections 2012 - Read here first. Empty Re: Elections 2012 - Read here first. Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Debates would of have helped a lot of people in voting. Sad you don't want to debate. It'd be great.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum