The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

The wiki

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The wiki Empty The wiki Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:19 pm

I had an epiphany the other day about the wiki. I went on it for the first time in probably three months and I realized that it looked really nice, despite the fact that I have no idea who runs it, edits it, or anything Razz Then my mind went back to "the good ol' days" in the COFR and AIN where the wiki was frequently used (go look at AIN's wiki too, they've done a nice job too) and we had the featured picture and article of the month and what-not.

I really want to bring that experience back. Wiki editing is honestly a little nerveracking when you haven't done it in a while, or ever, but it sorta clicks and becomes a lot easier and a lot of fun. We can never know enough about that little town, we can never know how famous that sports team is, or how many people go to that college unless it's written somewhere; the wiki is by far the best place to put that information.

While I'm writing this I can already tell someone is going to come into this thread and say that "I've been editing it this entire time" or "K50 is having one of his stupid moments" or something, but I think we could do well with this underrated project that most of us, myself included, have neglected. And for all of us, from the frequent editor to the user who doesn't know what a wiki is, we can bring a lot of life to it.

Later this year, we're going to bring the featured article and featured picture back as well. Previously that was simply the featured journal and a random picture. That will hopefully boost activity on the forums (WITHOUT spam Smile) and on the wiki.

If you need help, you've got a lot of pros with wiki technology here to help. I think there is a thread for it, but I don't really know Razz

-k50

2The wiki Empty Re: The wiki Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:56 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

If Wikipedia can have millions of articles we should at least have a thousand Wink

Keep up the good work Smile

3The wiki Empty Re: The wiki Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:50 am

Carl

Carl

Razz I should introducemore articles, but SC4 is taking the toll on me Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

4The wiki Empty Re: The wiki Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I'm here if you need anything K50 Smile

5The wiki Empty Re: The wiki Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:10 pm