The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Highest Poster of the Month

+7
Will
Daniel
Jon
ForthWall
alerules22
Carl
Chip
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you support this idea?

Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Pollle1027%Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Pollri10 27% [ 3 ]
Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Pollle1045%Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Pollri10 45% [ 5 ]
Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Pollle1027%Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Pollri10 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

What's really the use of the index though? I don't think it has much place anymore personally.

27Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Daniel

Daniel

The index helps with knowing who's active (not forum games active) and who's not Razz

28Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I think we've got a good idea of that without it :\ . But we could also just reset the index monthly too Smile

29Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:31 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Yeah but the index doesn't take account of people who just don't post a lot (like me Razz)

30Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Carl

Carl

Well, it depends Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

31Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

The method Will outlined is what the Activity index is except you lose two points each day and it doesn't reset every month.

If you want it to reset I'd be fine with that if that is the popular route.

32Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I thought there were like 6-7 things that were on it though... Anyway, that sounds good to me.

33Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:22 am

Fox

I think you're on the right track but heading in the wrong direction with this.

You shouldn't be rewarding people for posting rubbish like what has happened in several threads the last 2 days since you announced this... just blatant post count spam.

How about the admins get together once a month and hand out awards like the trixies for best CJ update, best quality comment and funny post or something like that. Get people to actually type their comment out instead of just "Good".

Most of the time I take my time to tell people what i thought or liked about their updates or how they could improve .. something with more substance than a one or two word reply that doesn't offer any feedback.

I vote for quality over quantity.

34Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:15 am

Thank you Fox. A lot. You're completely right.

I've seen a lot of posts that could fall under the spam threshold since this has popped up. I think we need a different plan to boost activity.

35Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:08 am

Fox

More members would be a helpful start if you want to boost quality activity.

I've posted in a few CJs on Simtropolis that I feel would be a good fit with us, 1 of them is now a member.

36Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:24 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I almost got someone to join USNW, but he must've changed his mind because he's not talking to me anymore. So I kind of failed to get more members into USNW. I also agree with what Fox is saying.

37Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:15 am

Carl

Carl

Neutral

"Try and Try Until You Succeed"

38Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:23 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Spam is why I don't post a lot. If I do post, I want it to mean something.

39Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:13 pm

We're going off topic, so we're going to end this one in one way or another.

If you like the gist of the plan as Chip has wrote it, vote YES. If you don't like parts of it, vote NO. Consider all of the pros and cons we've brought up on the last three pages.

If you want to say you have voted, you can, but it is not necessary.

EDIT: This has no effect on the activity index.

40Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Jon

Jon

This doesn't have to go to vote, if we want to give out awards we can give out awards imho. The awards are our choice and if we can't do simple things like that what is the point of being admins and executives. Secondly, if we want to vote on the discussion is far from over.

41Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Thanks for your opinion Jon, you obviously haven't seen the spam here recently.

42Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:36 am

Fox

Voted No, because I don't like the spam till you get a reward idea.

I agree with 2b2gbi .. I feel the discussion is far from over.

43Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:29 am

Daniel

Daniel

I also think the discussion shouldn't be over yet, but for now I'm voting yes. Smile

44Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:42 am

Carl

Carl

I abstain from voting due to the many advantages and disadvantages of this...

45Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Examples of Spam recently? I haven't seen my red markers pop up very much recently. We don't need this to go to vote, if the admins want to hand out awards then we don't have to put it to vote.

Also, if you're so upset about spamming, remember you're an admin, take care of it and quit complaining about it. You're supposed to be the main rule enforcer.

http://www.usnw.net

46Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Chip wrote:take care of it and quit complaining about it. You're supposed to be the main rule enforcer.
Oh so now all the spam that has ever happened is my fault Razz

I just think your current idea needs to be completely reorganized. Your featured banner thing won't come down for an entire month (happy thanksgiving Wink) and I've seen a lot of one-word pointless posts go up. I've even linked you to an entire conversation which I haven't deleted so the world can see what this could possibly do.

30 actually said it pretty well. There are a lot of pros and cons.

47Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I didn't say it was your fault, I just said that you shouldn't complain about it because it's yours, mine, and Jon's responsibility to keep the forum free of it. K50, I cannot help that I have a life, and this week and next week are exam weeks and my computer has been stupid as well as my internet. I don't have time to make a banner, and I'm sorry that the Thanksgiving one is still up.

http://www.usnw.net

48Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:01 am

Carl

Carl

Well, I think we should make a holiday one Razz

49Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 am

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Well we are 2 weeks in the month I think we had enough arguing

50Highest Poster of the Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Highest Poster of the Month Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:13 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Well Chip I'm back to stay, so if you need any help, feel free to contact me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum