The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adonia Winter X Games I - General Information

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adonia Winter X Games I - General Information Unionevent
Adonia Winter X Games I - General Information Adoniaxgameswinterilogo

FAQ's

What is this?
The Adonia Winter Games are a relatively small but very action-packed five-day event that is composed of multiple Adonian countries, as well as the NPC's that have flags made for them (we will also be making more flags until then, I am hoping to get 25-28 NPC's into this). This event is a "test run" into how the much larger Adonia Games that we have talked about since we were established nine months ago.

Is this idea original?
Precisely. Obviously, this is going to be based off of the real-life X games that happen in January in Aspen, however, this is going to have a good number of events that aren't in the X games. However, these events are still action-packed and will be in the Adonia Games that are scheduled to be in February.

Who runs this?
Only me Razz

When is it?
Bidding and the allocation of points will begin this weekend. Point allocations will be strictly due Monday, November 21, and bids will be due the following week, on the 28th. The decision of the host will be made by a neutral committee of five people that I choose and will be announced Wednesday, November 30. The games will take place in mid-December, taking place sometime between the start of Hanukkah season (December 9), but no later than Christmas (December 25).

How do I bid or send in my points?
There will be forms appearing in this forum very soon. The point allocations will be over an online form or Google spreadsheet, and the bidding will take place here. It's a pretty simple process, you only need to post things we need (one picture of each venue and one picture of the city). Your will get 33% more points than the NPC's, and the winning bid will get 33% more points than the other USNW members.

Who is allowed to participate/bid?
All USNW members are participating whether or not they allocate points, however you will be at a major disadvantage without doing this very simple task (it's the same thing when I ran the AICS Ranker - the people who didn't send in the form almost always lost to the people who did). USNW observers, if they wish, can participate. Applicants that start the application process anytime from now until the point allocation deadline can participate as long as they are admitted to the USNW by December. Only USNW members, that means ambassadorial, full, or BAT members, may bid.

Daniel

Daniel

I'm a little curious about the reason for NPC inclusion Razz

These games are a really good idea though Smile

Daniel wrote:I'm a little curious about the reason for NPC inclusion Razz
So it can be a bigger event Smile

Don't worry too much Daniel, the USNW members that send in the allocation points will beat out the NPC's in everything Razz USNW nations will take the top... not NPC's

Daniel

Daniel

I'm worried that the NPCs will at least beat me in everything though, as we only get snow once every 10 years Razz

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I think that the NPC's should be aligned random Point Allocations so they at least have a chance. It's not like the EU holds a Worldwide event and then cheats to make sure it's members are in first. So it'd be unfair and unrealistic to have them behind the USNW members.

Well I'm changing a few things... instead of 28 were going down to 15. And they will have random point allocations, but if somebody loads up one event, the NPC's won't have too many points to it, if any.

Does that make any sense?

Looks great K50 Smile

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

You should take into account the hard fact that there are USNW-nations without much of a winter or snow-covered mountains. Grand is of course the first nation we think of when saying this, but I daresay that my own nation, apart from one state, isn't into winter sports. I can't imagine Ruteria, being on or very near the equator to be very snow-covered or having to deal with a season called winter. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have achance at getting a medal in at least one or two sports, but they should not be anywhere near the top when it comes to medals. The NPC's that will be in it should be nations that have large parts of land climate (like Siberia, very warm in the summer, very cold in the winter) or nations that have large mountains or are in the high north or high south of Adonia.

My suspension of disbelief might be strong, but not that strong that I could picture Grand or Dantanaea to win a slew of prizes in ice hockey, skiing, snowboarding, etc...

well they could in ice hockey, cause thats indoors. And this is X-Games. Sooo ice hockey wouldnt happen.

Two things. First of all, if you want to opt out (I don't know why you would) you can.

Second, a lot of real-world countries that have these type of things and that can afford it will often practice or train in countries that have snow. In Oregon, we have people from all over the place come to Mount Hood because we have year-round snow, and that includes Olympic teams. New Chandler doesn't get a flake of snow that you can ski on, that's why we have a small island up far from the tropics so we can take part in these events Razz

Sorry you don't have an interest in this, because you might be bored until the spring since after this are the winter Adonia games silent

EDIT: as nate said, the winter adonia games do have multiple indoor sports. However, that isn't until February, and the X games don't have indoor sports.

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Danatnaea remember I have a snow dependency so, I have Snow Athletes there mwahahaha, hahaha Great Idea K50!!!

http://www.usnw.net

Daniel

Daniel

Grand can train it's athletes in Gamat Razz

alerules22

alerules22

Gamat is not my dependency, Gamat is Independent Neutral, My dependency is Linestecia Wink

Same difference Razz you have a tropical country with somewhere to train that isn't tropical.

alerules22

alerules22

Do I have to send mine again? I sent it yesterday.

alerules22 wrote:Do I have to send mine again? I sent it yesterday.
Nope

Just curious, does anybody else plan on bidding? If nobody does then we can start the games sooner, but I don't want to rush anybody who plans on bidding Adonia Winter X Games I - General Information Emoticon-00100-smile

Carl

Carl

I don't plan on bidding (since I'm helping Gamat) Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Just a quick update, the games are supposed to start tomorrow, but me and Ale are having a few problems, so to speak Razz

We're bumping it back, but not very far. It will be from the 8th to the 12th now. The games themselves start on the 9th, the 8th is the opening ceremony.

Make sure to thank Ale for hosting, he's put a lot of time into it. And of course tune in for the results... if you allocated points (or if I plugged you in to a NPC country since the form was shut off) I'm pretty sure you got at least a few medals. It should be pretty fun Smile

Carl

Carl

Awwww Crying it got delayed...

Can't wait!

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Daniel

Daniel

Well, I hope the problems are all cleared up now Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum