The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Languages for the Continents of Neridea and Carreon

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Fox

As proposed in ... This Thread ...

Please discuss the languages that your Nation uses and what you think the Continent as whole should use.

If your Nation is not on these Continents and you wish to add your opinion or ideas, please use the green colour so we can differentiate between the two.

Reference List of Adonian Languages

English Razz

Fox

Trentannian = English according to the list Chip posted.

To me I like that idea of it being the major language spoken.

I also like the idea of Brüllen (German) for the Northern parts as of the continent, not sure who else uses it though.

Daniel

Daniel

Khwint (a language I made up) and Old Khwint (Hawaiian) are almost exclusively spoken in Grand nowadays, although in a few places in countries surrounding Grand (like the United Vassalies) Old Khwint-speaking communities can still be found. Also, Insulonian and Etruscan should be commonly spoken in the islands, because Posillipo has a commonwealth and a dependency in the Vassal Archipelago, and Insulo also has one dependency, plus a large number of ethnic Insulonians living elsewhere in the archipelago.

I think northwestern areas of Neridea and majority Carreon should speak native languages, and rest can speak Trentannian or Arabic(the southwest).
Also, southern Carreon speak Anatheonian, because it was colonised by Greater Morsco before many centuries, now is there located Morscan dependency of Oinaeos.

Last edited by 9988 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

I don't think that there should be Brullen in Neridea, it's the language of Escambia and two or three states next to Escambia. None of those nations went on a colonizing spree, so it's highly unlikely the language could ever have reached Neridea.

Dantanaea uses Trentannian (English) and Dantanaean (Australian aboriginal).

Daniel

Daniel

I believe there's one Escambian dependency in the Vassal Archipelago (that massive Indonesia-like group of islands that forms the southern part of Neridea), but other than that, I don't think Brullen should be in Neridea. Etruscan (French) should be major in the area though, since Posillipo owns approximately a third of the aforementioned archipelago.

Fox

Any idea what language the Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms spoke?

Also, does langauge does Isolia speak ?

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Also the country North of Ruteria, Samasil, speaks Puertian (Portuguese) Wink

Edit: and Vanadla, the Big Island in Itzamna which is down of Ruteria, speaks Insulonian

http://www.usnw.net

Fox

I don't believe they are on the Continents in question. Post in the correct forum please.

If Brüllen ever got this far it was cause people immigrated. Otherwise Escambia never had an influence this far north. Only in the islands north of Trentannia or whatever is where Brüllen is spoken. Our dependencies DO speak Brüllen in full, Trentannian is the second language, as taught in schools

Daniel

Daniel

Fox wrote:Any idea what language the Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms spoke?

Also, does langauge does Isolia speak ?

1) The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms speak Arabic.
2) No idea.

Fox

Cool .. any idea what other Nations speak Arabic?

Daniel

Daniel

Malo speaks Arabic (Malo's on Althena however) and most of the other nations around the Tresta Sea + the nations bordering Malo also speak Arabic Wink

Fox

So it wouldn't be a dominant language on the Nerida main land then. Any other suggestions for languages that can be used for Malakkan Federation ?

Daniel

Daniel

Oops, I forgot to mention Idan as also speaking Arabic Razz (Idan is that large country on Gansbaai's eastern border)

Qorten

Qorten

Turkish?

Fox

I don't think there is a Turkish Language yet... well not included on the list provided by Chip.

Reference List of Adonian Languages

I think majority of eastern Neridea should speak Arabic.

Qorten

Qorten

If Malo and surroundings speak Arabic then it would make more sense to have a different language in eastern Neridea and Turkish kind of fits the desert/steppe setting.

Daniel

Daniel

Yeah, so Turkish perhaps for Eastern Neridea, and Arabic for Idan and Gansbaai (Gansbaai [Marsh's country] got independence from Idan, and they both speak Arabic)

Okay, I think it is very good idea.

Fox

Ok.. so I did up a quick map of the main Continent of Neridea.

Tell me what you think and if anything should be changed.

Languages for the Continents of Neridea and Carreon Politicalmaplanguage01

If someone wants to do a detailed map for the United Vassalies or Carreon feel free.

Anyone know what language the Commonwealth of Paradise speaks?

So, for Carreon, Southern Carreon speaks Anatheonian, west Fovazhian and rest Trentannian and Native.

Qorten

Qorten

I'd say the nations east of Ordanus should speak native languages, related to Dantanaean.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum