The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voting: Full | Republic of Puget

+4
Will
Qorten
Daniel
Bruce
8 posters

Should Puget be promoted to Full Membership?

Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Pollle10100%Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Pollri10 100% [ 6 ]
Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Pollle100%Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Pollle100%Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:32 am

Bruce

Bruce

Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Flag_of_Puget

Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Coat_of_arms_of_Puget

Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Cities

Spoiler:

History
Puget was settled by Paleo-Althenians hailing from Neridea and Carreon in prehistoric times, settling mostly in the temperate north. By 160 BCE, one of the tribes became powerful enough to establish the first empire in modern-day Puget, centered in Kalama. Most of the north was united by 110 CE and the empire was named for its first leader, Puget the Great. Only four centuries later, Trentannians from the west conquered most of southern Puget, but remained in dispute of the area near Lake Goodwin. The Goodwin War was costly to Puget and ended in a heavy loss. A millennium later, Trentannia began conquering all of Puget and later claimed Dawson after a 100-day siege. The cocky Trentannians tried to invade Alzata, the Arab power, and lost, resulting in a change of authority in southern Puget. In 1588, the Puget Liberation Army began their quest to drive out the invaders from the west, which they did by the turn of the century. The next two centuries were a flourishing time for philosophy and the arts, as well as science, heavily supported within Pugetine borders. By 1900, however, the general public began to grow weary of the monarchy and began a 12-year revolution, putting in place a democratic system. Trentannia once again invaded in 1942 and quickly overpowered the small Pugetine army. As a puppet state, Puget was the battleground for the deadliest campaign of the Great Adonian War, which ended in 1952. By then, Puget had split into North and South, separated by the Goodwin-Asotin line. Beginning in the 1980s, tensions eased between the two Pugets and they eventually merged in 1992 after an inspiring and sportsmanlike World Cup final. Modern-day Puget is a mecca for green technologies and efficient uses of space. Urban sprawl has become a key issue since the beginning of the 21st century, but controlled sprawl is beginning to be used by the primarily-liberal government.

Government

Puget is a federal constitutional republic, led by the executive branch and its democratically-elected president, who is limited to 2 terms of five years each. The legislature is made up of two bodies, known jointly as Congress: the House of Representatives and Senate. The Green Party (liberal) are currently the majority party in both bodies and also are the president's party.

Economy

Puget has a diversified economy that has branched out since 1992, mostly in green technologies. Logging and fishing remain key industries in the north, while agricultural products (such as grains and fruits) are the main product of the south. Shipping is also an important industry since Puget is located between the Sea of Sushili and the head of the Alcadean Sea.

Demographics

Puget's current population exceeds 140 million people and the country is still growing at a high rate. Trentannian is the most-spoken language in Puget, followed by Brüllen and Insulonian. The majority of the population is regarded as agnostic, at 45%, while Christianity is a close second at 30%. The remaining 25% is split between other religious groups. Over 68% of the population lives in urban or semi-urban areas, the largest of which is centered in Dawson, nearly beating out Kalama. The Kalama-Dawson corridor is heavily populated and is an example of a megacity.

Football

Puget is one of the world leaders in the sport of association football, having been an early adopter in the 1860s. The Puget national football team are one of the most successful in AIFF history, having won the World Cup eight times (including the first in 1940 and one as North Puget against South Puget in 1992).

https://plus.google.com/111420842954473821448/

2Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:08 pm

I like it Smile

3Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Pretty nice Smile But what about some SC4 pics? I believe that's a requirement Razz

4Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Daniel wrote:Pretty nice Smile But what about some SC4 pics? I believe that's a requirement Razz

Check the spoilers? Razz

5Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

They're in the spoiler daniel Razz

Nice App Bruce, now if only we actually saw Puget Razz

Now I retreat back into my secluded place on the other side of the battle lines after wishing Bruce Good Luck Smile

6Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Actually Bruce there is one thing you have I don't like so much... the palm trees on the side of the roads. I don't know if there is a mod to get rid of those (I think there is), but you should get it Razz

7Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Bruce

Bruce

Don't worry, I got a mod to remove all palm trees from any street or road! See the last 7 pictures, for example... Razz

8Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Look's great, my only suggestion is to make the transition between the highrises and lowrises more gradual. Smile

http://www.usnw.net

9Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Bruce

Bruce

Ok, Chip!

Anyway, you should take this quiz:

You are 100% Pugetine!

Excellent! University of Dawson might need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Pugetine are you?
Take More Quizzes

Very Happy

10Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Qorten wrote:
Daniel wrote:Pretty nice Smile But what about some SC4 pics? I believe that's a requirement Razz

Check the spoilers? Razz

oops Razz

11Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I'll let this go to vote, only full members have the esteemed privilege to vote on this application. Do not say what you voted, and you are not required to say that you voted.

12Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:41 pm

Why did you put "unsure" instead of "abstain" Razz

Anyway I voted

13Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:49 am

Bruce

Bruce

Thank you for your votes!

14Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:57 am

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I was able to vote, but I didn't, just to let you know.

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

15Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:43 pm

No you're right, Chip, you didn't change the settings Razz

I've reset it. Voted.

16Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Voted Smile

17Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I put unsure cause I felt like it! Razz

18Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:18 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Voted

19Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Voted

20Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Voted

21Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:48 pm

That ought to do it Smile You're a full member Bruce, for the second time Razz

22Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Empty Re: Voting: Full | Republic of Puget Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Bruce

Bruce

Yay! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum