The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Showcase for the State of Wamorra

+2
Chip
Qorten
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Showcase for the State of Wamorra Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Last edited by Qorten on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total

2Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Update 1: A bit of randomness Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Qorten

Qorten

Update 1: A bit of randomness

As my first update on Wamorra I'll be showing a bit of pictures from the neighborhood called Nellis, which used to be a small unremarkable village but got boggled up by Wamorra in recent years. It is officially part of Wamorra since 1998. There are also some random views of Wamorra in general.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_39
Nellis on one side, heavy industry and low quality appartments on the other side of the river Wamor (not very original the people, I know).

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_40
A random street in the centre of Nellis. The only pub in this neighborhood.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_41
Looking at the Nellis Bridge from the pub at dusk.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_38
Nightview taken by a climber. Wamorra is surrounded by hills and cliffs on all sides, except the seaside of course.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_37
Same view at noon.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_36
Nightview of Wamorra taken from the top of the John Dembala Bridge. Notice the Gherkin in blue on the far right of the picture.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_35
Same view in the late morning.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_42
Wamorra State Parliament seen from the side when leaving a metro station in the early morning.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_43
City Park, the back of the City Hall and the front of the State Parliament in the early morning.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_44
A Side of the City Hall and the dome of Saint Paul's Cathedral sticking out over some nice houses in the early morning.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_45
Bird's Eye overview of Wamorra. A bit further inland lies the city of Constance, which, unlike Nellis, hasn't been boggled up yet.

Teaser for Update 2:

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_34

Last edited by Qorten on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

3Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:04 pm

The best feature of CXL... those birds-eye views......

Great city! Smile

4Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Wow, I'm very impressed! Very Happy

http://www.usnw.net

5Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Did someone say Pub Smile

I don't care if i'm 15... I still love bars, meet good people Neutral

I like it, its also good to see our first CXL member Smile

6Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:58 pm

androidboi

androidboi

beautifully done!

7Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Very nice indeed. I've never really been able to accomplish much with cities xl.

8Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:08 am

Daniel

Daniel

Fantastic city! Smile

9Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Update 2: Saint Sophia Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:29 am

Qorten

Qorten

Update 2: Saint Sophia

One of the historical and touristical landmarks of Wamorra is the Saint Sophia Church, on Saint Sophia Peninsula. Today I'll take you on a stroll through the peninsula.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_46
This is what you see when you leave metro station Saaint-Sophia. The church is quite walk away from us yet. Not to mention we'll be going uphill most of the time.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_47
Now we've started our walk with a small climb. The village, part of Wamorra, is a mixture of medieval and 17-18th century houses.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_48
We could turn left here, but just so you can enjoy the view and see more of the peninsula I'll make us take a detour.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_49
Here you can see a few of the medieval houses left on the peninsula as well modern appartement buildings near the beach on the mainland.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_50
This road is the connection between Saint Sophia and Wamorra.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_51
View from Saint Sophia on a bridge crossing the A20 and the last appartements before the industrial area. Wamorra is based on oil-drilling and industry.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_52
This small street is the way to our destination. Serious climbing ahead now!

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_53
Walking past some medieval houses. This street is often part of a stage in the yearly held Tour of Dantanaea.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_54
Just a little further.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_55
We've arrived! Time for a rest in front of the church.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_56
From here you can see most of the city. Right in front of us is the Shell Arena, home of Wamorra FC and the Wamorra Drillers.

Showcase for the State of Wamorra Cxl_screenshot_wamorra_57
Last opportunity for taking pictures before we head back to the hotel! While not that big, Wamorra sure looks nice by night.

10Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:41 am

Daniel

Daniel

Beautiful! I love it all! Very Happy The place reminds me a lot of where I live Razz (you often have to walk uphill or downhill for varying distances if you don't want to get caught in one of the locally infamous traffic jams), and the chuch looks almost exactly like the belltower of a church that I've passed quite a few times Razz

11Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:42 am

Qorten

Qorten

Thanks. It's a RL-building, somewhere in the Ukraine, I think, but I'm not sure.

12Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Yeah, I think I saw that building when I was there Razz The onion domes seem to follow me everywhere I go xD

13Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

While k50 thinks the best part of CXL is the birds-eye views, in my opinion it's the night shots. Very nice job here.

14Showcase for the State of Wamorra Empty Re: Showcase for the State of Wamorra Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:52 pm

Daniel

Daniel

imo, the best part about Cities XL is the street/surface level and near-street/surface level views. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum