The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heritage Lakes Application

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should Heritage Lakes be accepted as a heritage site?

Heritage Lakes Application Pollle1082%Heritage Lakes Application Pollri10 82% [ 9 ]
Heritage Lakes Application Pollle1018%Heritage Lakes Application Pollri10 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Heritage Lakes Application Empty Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:36 am

Beware, the forum/phpbb settings don't like this post Razz

Fixed, your BBcode was a mess Razz
-Jon

HERITAGE LAKES NATIONAL PARK

Country name
Provincial Republic of New Chandler

Site location
Cameron and Benham Provinces, approx. 45 miles from New Chandler City (about an hour due to tall mountains in the way) and 25 miles from Parringshire (about 30 minutes). Cardinal Route 40 (a major freeway with 4 lanes in each direction) goes through the park a short way horizontally to connect the two cities, and Route 138 (a two lane road, with a few passing lanes) cuts through it north-south, and eventually, into the desert. It serves as the main service road to the park.
Heritage Lakes Application Herita10

Site name
Heritage Lakes
Includes: Benham Lake, Black Lake, Chambers Lake, Cosby Lake, Lake Marcello, Lake Martinazzi, Lake Margarita, Lake Parringshire*, Phantom Lake, Quinn Lake, Starlene Lake*, Mount Grover, Mount Chambers, Mount Kazan, Mount Martinazzi, Mount Tamarackia, Rogue Canyon, Solitaire Canyon, Wayne Canyon, Yellow Talon Canyon, Elrosa Swamp, Phantom Swamp, Sedan Swamp, Black Lake City (village), Grover (village), Starlene (village)

The astericks (*) denote a lake in which part of it is outside of the park.

Site history
Home of a few refugee camps (and three towns) used by the natives when Posillipo had control of New Chandler City and the surrounding area. The Posilliponians couldn't find the villages due to the fact that, until the modern (and expensive) roads came in the 1960's, the desert was the only way in, and it was extremely strenuous, through the natural border of badlands in the area. This also kept Parringshire separated from New Chandler City for a very long time. Ancient natives used to have civilization before Mount Kazan blew, which wiped it out, but also preserved it.

Reasons for inclusion
Stunning beauty under some of the tallest and most famous mountains in New Chandler, between the deep valleys, the swamps, and the picturesque lakes the park is known for. Besides historical beauty, it is home to multiple species endangered in most other places that thrive here in its unique climate.

Applicable criteria
2c (to a point), 3a, 3d

Dangers to the site
Currently, there are no major dangers known. The National Park Association of New Chandler has prevented new major road and railroad construction, and inspects all boats before (to check for algae and invasive species) and after (to check for an exceeded amount of fish caught) leaving the lakes in which they are allowed in.

Photographs
I currently only have photos of one lake, which is AWHC Charter[/size]
Lake Martinazzi. Lake Martinazzi DOES NOT allow motorboats or fishing, but DOES allow inspected rafts, kayaks, windsurfing vessels, and sailboats. Lake Martinazzi also is home to a lodge. It's only accessible from an unpaved road over a relatively dangerous mountain pass that connects to a paved road.

Heritage Lakes Application Ncup33mosaic

Heritage Lakes Application 0a6d21d5

Heritage Lakes Application 9fe76224

Other
The largest lake in the park is Upper Lake Parringshire. It has a river, the Maupina River, which feeds into Lower Lake Parringshire, which is outside of the park, in the suburbs of the city of Parringshire. The Maupina River is famous for it's rapids, one of which is a class V (it is bypassable by two class III's). Other famous lakes include Black Lake, which is nestled in valleys between gigantic mountains, getting little sunlight, comparatively speaking (hence the name). Phantom Lake is where the primary lodging is, and is the closest to the major roads. The smallest lakes are Lake Marcello, Lake Martinazzi, and Upper Starlene Lake.

Part of Heritage Lakes National Park is also deemed a "dark sky park", in which the night sky can be viewed without city light obstruction. As you could probably expect, it's the area farthest away from Parringshire's and New Chandler City's orange glow. The park itself is far in the Nahazzan Desert, with a general viewing area on a hill above the badlands.
[/center]

2Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:35 am

Daniel

Daniel

Very nice application! I'll be voting yes of course Razz btw, if included as a site, this will be named in the list of sites as "NE002/Heritage Lakes'' Wink

EDIT: btw, do you have a New Chandlerian tenative list (list of potential New Chandlerian sites)? Razz

3Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:00 am

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Use smaller font

Otherwise very good application. Smile

4Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:06 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Beware, the forum/phpbb settings don't like this post Razz
Umm, it's cause you're doing them wrong. Razz

http://www.usnw.net

5Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:14 am

I copied Daniel's example.... Razz

Thanks whoever changed it!

Daniel: I don't, but I'll make one next week if you want me to (I'm on vacation and have sh*tty internet right now).

6Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:19 pm

So whats the deal with this? Razz

7Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Daniel

Daniel

We should put it to voting I guess Razz idk who should though, though I suppose it's the previous Minister of Culture and Events (Jon)

8Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Jon

Jon

This is up for vote, no need to say voted.

9Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:01 am

Daniel

Daniel

I wonder who voted no... Razz

10Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:23 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

It was me, I thought it was a context with Uxmal, I want to switch to yes! Razz

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

11Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Wow thanks Razz

12Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

This is just to get accepted, it's not a contest.

13Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:43 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Well then how do I switch the vote?

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

14Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 pm

It doesn't matter Razz we get it

I don't understand why there are polls for this kind of thing anyway to be honest

15Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Daniel

Daniel

sometimes a site could be voted down... that's why Razz

16Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:48 pm

It would be critisized first, and then not put to vote.

17Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Daniel

Daniel

it should go to vote according to the charter of the AWHC...

18Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Then the creator should put the poll up Razz

19Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Daniel

Daniel

no, because first the AWHC has to make sure that all the requirements are filled Razz

20Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Thatta a way Daniel Razz Don't let K50 push you around Razz

21Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Daniel wrote:no, because first the AWHC has to make sure that all the requirements are filled Razz
Then it could be voted no on! Razz We should know how to read.

Tyler: HA HA FRECKING HA....

22Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Jon

Jon

Being a AWHC Heritage Site is a privilege, the point of this application process is to ensure sites accepted have all the requirements and are of high quality before they are added to the catalog.

23Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Just wondering when this is gonna pass... Razz

24Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Since no one else is going to make a decision it seems, I will.

This application has passed with a majority of yeses. Final Vote: 9-2

25Heritage Lakes Application Empty Re: Heritage Lakes Application Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Who voted no besides Stan (by accident). I'm just curious why, I'm not going to hurt you Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum