The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

An appeal

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An appeal Empty An appeal Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:28 am

Hello there USNW,

First time I have been on the site since the union was founded and let me say it is looking fantastic! The USNW has shaped up to be a great union and I wish you all best for the future.
As most of you know I am an Administrator on the AIN website, but I have had very little dealings with any members of the USNW since it's foundation, although in past history I have had a few political, not personal, problems with a couple members.

Today I have been made aware of recent trouble between our two unions, and am appalled by actions of members of each union (details, I will not go into as I probably have a biased version of events). Large numbers of members of both unions are guilty of slander and personally attacking individual members of the 'opposing union'. Certain members in both unions are guilty of offences much more serious (again, I will not go into detail). From what I have heard, witnesses and saw evidence of, I have come to conclusion that a minority of AIN and a minority of USNW members are engaged in some form of 'dirty war'.

This brings me into my personal appeal; let's not end up in a dispute where feelings are hurt, reputations are lost and people who normally reasonable and down-to-earth individuals saying and doings things they will regret. Let's just get along and see each other as people who share a common interest in the SimCity 4. Let's forget the petty politics and leave it for our roleplays.
Unions are the only thing really left within the SimCity Community, the only thing sustaining it, if unions are to die out, the community will as well. Let's see each other as friends, and have a sense of solidarity bettering each other's unions and bettering the community. Union disputes will mark the end of SimCity 4, so I ask you not to turn this into another thread that ends up locked and stored in an admin-only forum like both unions have ended up doing previously, let's agree to work together and forget petty, childish behaviour that has engulfed us in the past when we focus on our differences, not our common interests.

If the way to achieve this is going our separate ways, then so be it. Let us act independently of it and keep our inter-union friendships on a personal level only and leave each other alone, without any childish arguments, vandalism or slander. If we want to come together occasionally to give each other solidarity and support, then so be it, let us re-engage in diplomacy - it is up to you.

Thank you for your time,

Neil

2An appeal Empty Re: An appeal Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:37 am

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

I agree with this statement Smile, we must stop the bickering

3An appeal Empty Re: An appeal Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Daniel

Daniel

So do I Smile, the bickering and fighting really should stop already.

4An appeal Empty Re: An appeal Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Thank you Neil for stopping by, and thanks for the kind words.

This feuding is centered on one thought: one group is better than the other. Point is, USNW is going to be around for a while, and AIN won't be any different. To anybody, including USNW members, who think "the other union" is going to die from increasing tension: it probably won't. Think about it.

I'm trying to stay out of it as much as I can, all I'm trying to do is stop certain AIN members push USNW members around. But of course, since each union has its more aggressive members, nothing is getting far. I'm not pointing fingers, I'm not saying who started it (though the main people which the October Crisis centered upon were all responsible on some way, including myself). But we need to leave all of that garbage behind us. Seriously.

Neil, I agree with you, and I've tried doing this. I really think we need to go on and stay on our separate ways for a while. We've tried this since the 2COFR era. But we always have to argue, it seems like.

Hopefully we can all personally have good relations with all of you. I know certain AIN members and certain USNW members wouldn't rather have that, but I guess that's their own problem.

Again, thanks for stopping by Smile

-k50

5An appeal Empty Re: An appeal Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I agree completely and I congratulate you Neil, on something which I tried to do slowly but you're doing a much better job Smile My stance has always been it is only a game and no reason to treat it as more really. Thank you for stopping by with your peace Smile

Will

6An appeal Empty Re: An appeal Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Neil,
I agree with you completely. This is what we've been saying all along, we know some people here did some atrocious things, but some members of AIN, like you said, a minority, did and said some equally atrocious things. The sad thing about it was, the things on our end that happened were apologized for by the people who did it and the appropriate actions taken to reverse the mistakes. The things that were done and said by a small, a very small, minority of your members were not apologized for, nor does it look like they'll ever be apologized for reasons I can't understand.

I also want to apologize to you, because you seem like a level headed person, one of rarity, for some of the things I have said that have caused you problems. Only because they caused you problems. I don't regret anything I said now, nor will I ever, I felt like it was something that had to be said and I tried to do it without taking a too aggressive stance. Everything I said was true, and that's what I strive for, some may hate it, but it's what I do.

Like Will said, this is only a game, it should be taken no further. There is no reason for vandalism and I think the person responsible has realized that, and there is no reason for slander.

I think it is possible for both of our unions to live together harmoniously and for us both be strong and active with out pick pocketing each other, but I think it is far to possible that the same people that cause and further these problems can keep them goign and potentially cause the fall of one, or both, of our unions.

I thank you for your logic, something many people are missing today.

Your's Truly,
Chip

http://www.usnw.net

7An appeal Empty Re: An appeal Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:58 pm

I feel like everything worth me saying I've already tried saying before so now I just want to say thank you Neil and I'm sorry for everything that I've put you guys through. Hopefully we can put everything behind us for good and have a good relationship like we all did prior to the whole incident. Thanks again for saying this.

Tyler

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum