The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joplin, Missouri Devestated by Tornado

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Joplin, Missouri Devestated by Tornado Empty Joplin, Missouri Devestated by Tornado Mon May 23, 2011 1:45 am

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Around 5:45 Sunday evening Joplin, Missouri, a town of around 50,000 was struck by a large and extremely powerful tornado that torethrought the heart of the city. The early reports indicate that around 3/4 of the town is destroyed and at this hour 31 fatalities have been confirmed, although some reports have the number topping a hundred. St. Johns hospital, a major regional hospital sustained a direct hit, and at least 4 patients were reported to have lost their lives. The hospital's windows were blown out and chunks were ripped out of the building. The town's sole highschool is reported to be engulfed in flames and numerous business have been leveled. There are numerous people missing, although numbers widely vary. I encourage all of you to pray for the people of this town as they face this terrible catastrophe.

Update 6:45 Central: the official fatality count now stands at 89, and city emergency magemeny said they feared that was a low number. Appearently there was little warning because the tornado was wrapped in rain an large hail. As the sun come up the town is virtually unrecognizeable. I again urge you to keep the people of Joplin in your hearts, minds, and prayers.

Last edited by 2b2gbi on Mon May 23, 2011 7:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I hate it to see twisters take out the small towns, any town really. My hometown took a hit of its own in the bama tornados. That leads me to say, despite the horrible fortune that has befallen Joplin, we cant forget about everyone else who has had poor fortune befall them with the newest outbreak.

Should point out, all my family still in bama was fine, the worst that happened was my uncle had to spend a few hours at work in the meat locker with disgruntled customers Razz

Jon

Jon

As of right now the death toll stands at 116, tying the record for deadliest single tornado since 1950. The images of the devastation are horrifying and the stories of survivors heartbreaking. The people of Joplin are in for another night of thunderstorms and searching, please continue to keep them in your hearts and minds. Also the NWS is predicting a major tornado outbreak across the central and southern plains, including around Joplin, tomorrow.

As I hear more on the national news and local news here I will continue to pass it on to you all in this thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]