The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

April 27th Tornado Outbreak

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1April 27th Tornado Outbreak Empty April 27th Tornado Outbreak Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:23 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

As you all know, on the 27th of April this year there was an extremely massive tornado out break across the south east. You also know I am from Alabama, as well. With over 200 already dead (officially - in Alabama there has to be a positive ID of the body before it can be counted) and 1000's injured. I myself, witnessed a tornado, and I must say I was very frightened, but nothing compares to what has happened 30 miles from me. In Tuscaloosa, AL, my hometown, some of you may know the city with out actually knowing it, it is home to the University of Alabama, the 2009 National Football Champions, the city has been completely devastated by a massive, nearly mile wide, tornado. In the city alone the current death toll, the last time I checked, was at 39. Now, remember, this number is Extremely conservative, because of the law that requires the bodies to be ID'd and checked over by a coroner before they can be added to the "official count". This number, which is probably closer to the death toll, is the number of missing people, which currently stands at, this is hard for me to say, but over 400. The city itself has over 1000 people that were injured in the storm, as well. I would just like to encourage you all, just please send your thoughts and prayers to those affected by the storm. Today I went to help those affected today, and I have to say... I was driven to tears at some points, this is one of the most devastating things I have ever, in my life, witnessed. There are very few tragedies that I have seen that were worse than this. I don't mean to leave out the dozens of small towns and other cities that were devastated and completely destroyed, but Tuscaloosa is my home. Please, just send us all, here in the south, your thoughts, and prayers, and if you have the means, donate a dollar or two.

Thank you,
Chip, Your First Minister.

http://www.usnw.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum