The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena

+5
alerules22
SimEmirate
Kurt
Juls
Carl
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Carl

Carl

As per the procedures established by the creation of this Committee, and through my election as representative for the region of Eastern Althena (including the Central Parts of Althena such as Abbasid), I will present in accordance with transparency expectations the Non-Player Countries I will have created/established by linking the wiki article to it.

If any member wishes to work on NPCs that are in Eastern Althena and submit them here for approval, this is also the place! Let's all work together to make this interesting Any modification to established Eastern Althenan NPCs, should it be flags, naming, etc. can be proposed here as well.

Unlike the Western Parts of Althena, the Eastern Portion of Althena is a massive construction project. The following outlines significant work needed in the region:

-Peilan, the former Morsco Territories and Jhekong.
-Northeast Althena
-Desert Areas such as Asmiriva, and the Kabier Peninsula.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

2NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:30 pm

Carl

Carl

Another Note: Since I'm having difficulties accessing the wiki, I hereby announce that SimEmirate be responsible with the wiki functions until further notice.

3NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

This is various small proposals and requests which have been discussed by Shub and I on Skype. It involves both the NPC Committee and the Cartographic Committee in a way.

Morsco should be part of Peilan.
Astey and that tiny bit up north of it should be part of Kwangju.
Bendavia should be part of the PRP.
Helespetroika and Sukoyria should be part of Asmiriva (as it's just tundra and cold ass steppes there, no way a nation would form there with a regional power just up north)
Gronninjen should be part of Mellechia.
Mairong should be part of Samastra. Bundei and Ghinzi as well.
Ventam should be part of Amesia.
Chilan should be part of Ayama.
The two Ventan should be united.
Chanrun and Xitan should be part of Dintan.

Also shub's proposing this:
NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Ss%20%282014-04-27%20at%2004.34.59%29

4NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I think Asmirva is too large. Otherwise everything else is fine.

5NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:00 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

I agree with Kurt, Asmiriva is large enough as it is, both population and area wise.

6NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:12 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Bendavia needs to remain independent due to Roleplay reasons.
Groninjen is a completely different culture than Mellechia and due to the Shayden-Mellechia disagreements the sovereignty of Groninjen should be of strategic importance to Shayden.
Helespetroika and Sukoyria should merge.

http://www.usnw.net

7NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Carl

Carl

I would agree with Agus Razz

8NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:45 pm

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

I agree with Carl and Agus on this.

9NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

alerules22 wrote:Bendavia needs to remain independent due to Roleplay reasons.
Which? 'cause it's small af and irrelevant. It's not even geo-strategic. Its geopolitical location is unfavorable. It has everything against its existence.

alerules22 wrote:Groninjen is a completely different culture than Mellechia and due to the Shayden-Mellechia disagreements the sovereignty of Groninjen should be of strategic importance to Shayden.

Same as Bendavia here. It's barely even inhabitable.

10NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:54 am

alerules22

alerules22

The PRP claims Bendavia as it's own, and Bendavia serves a similar purpose of a Bhutan in Adonia. Bendavia has always been isolated to the outside world and has only served as the PRP's threat backyard, I think once the NPC-Committee is completely functioning; the Bendavia-PRP dispute could be a source of very interesting role-play.

About Groninjen, I think it was the location of multiple Shaydian military bases, that is my only problem.

11NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:38 am

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

I do not support this, everything is getting way too large

12NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:08 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

I don't think Sukoyria needs to be merged into Asmirivia, there are climate areas that could support a nation, albeit not a very prosperous one. But Helespetroika should be merged with Sukoyria.

Groninjen, the name sounds like the Dutch city, but it depends on what Kurt wants to do with it.

Bendavia could also have its area extended if that helped it make more sense, as could the PRP. Sukoyria could possibly be divided between Asmirivia, the PR Peilan and Bendavia.

The rest seems fine.

13NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:31 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I would definitely do it. I can also attempt to protect Bendavia as well (For some reason I've grown fond of it anyway. Razz)

14NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:46 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Wait, what are you doing? Razz

15NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:14 am

Agunter999

Asmirivia shouldn't get any bigger, it is already far too big as it is

16NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:11 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

It's not too big, it's barely even 6m km².

Asmiriva should imo at least have a border with the PRP for support, otherwise it [PRP] would have been crushed by capitalistic Peilan. By incorporating Sukoyria and Helespetroika, yes Asmiriva's territory becomes larger, though these territories are barely inhabited, so it wouldn't change Asmiriva's population. Peilan, Samastra, Amasia all gain more territories inside Asmiriva's initial territory. There's also another Kabier nation created in Asmiriva's lands. So basically Asmiriva looses major warm sea access in the north (all year long ports and strategic ports in strategic areas) to gain tundra and cold steppes in the south.

I don't mind keeping Groninjen and Bendavia, as long as they both make sense.

17NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Carl

Carl

(((To Huehuehue) Says the guy who have territories that didn't made sense at all...#shrekt))

I like Will's idea, but PRP would make sense if it extended to the tundra :PAlso, as for Benadvia, what kind of culture might have supported its survival, given that it is sandwiched between 3 powers: PRP, Okaiken and possibly Asmiriva. I would however, suppor the idea of it being there, as it could have set a unique roleplay area that we could work on. Wink

Given that Althena is a much smaller continent, it would make sense to merge countries and make them larger. We have so much small stuff that I could not memorize which nations in the East could be possibly worked at, such as the NE, which we could easily do if there aren't so much city-states that dot the coastline. Razz

Regarding Asmiriva's size in the new map, I'm still thinking over how could it be done in its current situation, given that it was the nation that would attack eastern nations such as Okaiken in ancient times but were deterred by storms.

18NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Carl: I think it was already discussed it was going to be a breakaway region. Like a Taiwan in a way. Unless you meant how the history would be played out, otherwise I'm not completely sure. I am fine with Shayden protecting both regions though.

19NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:07 pm

alerules22

alerules22

I completely support making the PRP bigger, though Bendavia must remain; I have plans for it Very Happy

20NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:16 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate

Blakeway4 wrote:It's not too big, it's barely even 6m km².

Asmiriva should imo at least have a border with the PRP for support, otherwise it [PRP] would have been crushed by capitalistic Peilan. By incorporating Sukoyria and Helespetroika, yes Asmiriva's territory becomes larger, though these territories are barely inhabited, so it wouldn't change Asmiriva's population. Peilan, Samastra, Amasia all gain more territories inside Asmiriva's initial territory. There's also another Kabier nation created in Asmiriva's lands. So basically Asmiriva looses major warm sea access in the north (all year long ports and strategic ports in strategic areas) to gain tundra and cold steppes in the south.

I don't mind keeping Groninjen and Bendavia, as long as they both make sense.

6m km² is very large, and you don't need a border with the PRP to support it. I honestly don't see why you can't be happy with Asmiriva's current area, considering it takes up a chunk of Central/East Althena. We don't need to start making super states larger.

21NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

SimEmirate wrote:6m km² is very large,
Smaller than Australia, roughly twice the size of India. Not that big. Most countries in Adonia are relatively small.

SimEmirate wrote:you don't need a border with the PRP to support it.
Yes I do, because unlike Taiwan (which is an island), the PRP and Peilan have a huge land border. The capitalists would have chased the communists to get back all of their territory, unless as indirectly proposed by some other members, PRP's size was to be bigger, though then, Peilan would be either smaller or keep the proposed territory with Morsco, which would make it even more powerful compared to the PRP.

SimEmirate wrote:I honestly don't see why you can't be happy with Asmiriva's current area, considering it takes up a chunk of Central/East Althena. We don't need to start making super states larger.
I never said I wasn't happy with it Razz I just think it doesn't make sense atm, the area at least.

22NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate

Blakeway4 wrote:I never said I wasn't happy with it :PI just think it doesn't make sense atm, the area at least.

That's because Asmiriva is too large. Razz

Blakeway4 wrote:
Yes I do, because unlike Taiwan (which is an island), the PRP and Peilan have a huge land border. The capitalists would have chased the communists to get back all of their territory, unless as indirectly proposed by some other members, PRP's size was to be bigger, though then, Peilan would be either smaller or keep the proposed territory with Morsco, which would make it even more powerful compared to the PRP.

I don't think so. You don't have to have a border with a nation just to support it in a war. There are several examples of this, including Cuba's intervention in Angola. Cuba is nowhere near Angola, but still managed to launch a successful large scale military intervention, so I see no reason why Asmiriva couldn't do it. Besides, wasn't Asmiriva established in 1961? If my memory is corrrect, Asmiriva wouldnt have even existed during the Peilanese Civil War. Wink

23NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

SimEmirate wrote:Asmiriva wouldnt have even existed during the Peilanese Civil War. Wink

Oh. I thought the civil war was after

24NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

*opens the door.*

*walks in*

*clears throat*

*puts down stereo*

*takes clothes off*

*reveals fancy skin tight dance suit*

*turns on stereo*

AWWW YEAH, Let's get our SUPER STATE on! Oh! Oh! Our SUPER STATE on!

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

25NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Empty Re: NPCs in Central and Eastern Althena Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:12 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Been smoking too much legalized cannabis, Mike? Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum