The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Introducing the USNW Activity Index

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Introducing the USNW Activity Index Wed May 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

You may have noticed a new statistic that appears when you make a post and in your profile called "Activity Index". This new statistic is designed to gauge the activity of members in a more direct and current manner than simple post count. This new method uses a point system that awards bonus points for creating new topics and CJ Updates coupled with a daily subtraction to measure against expected activity. Below is an outline of how points are allocated:

Daily Points: -2
Points Per Reply: 1
Points Per New Topic: 3
Points Per CJ Update: 5 (Additional to point for reply)
Points Per Topic and Reply in Forum Games: 0

The Index will not include previous posts and topics, only those made after the institution of the statistic.

There is no standard yet established for the handling of this data, and this is currently in a trial period.

-Jon

Last edited by 2b2gbi on Wed May 18, 2011 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Re: Introducing the USNW Activity Index Wed May 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Er.... so what if someone goes on a week-long pre-announced vacation? Do they lose 14 points? Razz or does it only take points if you log on and don't post?

Like the idea of points per CJ update by the way.... that should hopefully boost activity here a lot. Smile

3Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Re: Introducing the USNW Activity Index Wed May 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Jon

Jon

This is a trial so that's something that needs to be addressed. If someone specifies a number of days that they will be unable to be active, then we could give the points for those days back.

Also I forgot, this statistic ignores topics and replies in the Forum Games section. I updated the topic post to account for this.

4Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Re: Introducing the USNW Activity Index Thu May 19, 2011 11:32 am

Kisa Atsuko

Kisa Atsuko
Member (Sundanesia)
Member (Sundanesia)

I like this system... it would be the images how a member's activeness in union..

but how about registered users? are they have same things?

5Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Re: Introducing the USNW Activity Index Thu May 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Jon

Jon

Technically the system does measure the posts of regular users, but upon becoming a member we'll just reset their score to zero.

6Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Re: Introducing the USNW Activity Index Thu May 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I really like this idea. Great job Jon! Smile

http://www.usnw.net

7Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Re: Introducing the USNW Activity Index Sat May 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Pretty cool system, will work well. Smile

8Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Re: Introducing the USNW Activity Index Sun May 22, 2011 2:24 am

androidboi

androidboi

Wow. Interesting values. Well done! Smile

9Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Re: Introducing the USNW Activity Index Sun May 22, 2011 2:27 am

Jon

Jon

Thanks, it's interesting what values we are getting, and it's great that they have taken a sharp turn for the positive. This Friday I may post something of a summary of the findings of the index after one week among members. Then we can fully assess the worth of this system for showing activity.

10Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Re: Introducing the USNW Activity Index Sun May 22, 2011 5:19 am

Is this that "dice roll" feature then?

11Introducing the USNW Activity Index Empty Re: Introducing the USNW Activity Index Sun May 22, 2011 5:58 am

Jon

Jon

I used the "Points" feature to create the new statistic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum