The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Activity Index & Reward System

+6
Trevy
Will
Carl
bigro
YingBlanc
Daniel
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Activity Index & Reward System Empty Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:04 am

Activity Index & Reward System Fromthedeskthechancellor
Hello USNW Members,

I'm presenting you an idea Chip brought up months ago about the Activity Index. We are going to test it a new system inwhich the index is reset every single month. The user with the highest activity index will receive a banner under their name for one month as the most active USNW Member.

This reward will be for our Non-Cabinet Members. This makes Me, Kurt and Daniel not eligible as we have an unfair advantage being Admins and having to post a lot to upkeep our website.

At the end of each year we will also introduce a USNW Member Awards Event, sort of like the Trixies at Simtropolis. This will reward on members for various things done for the union. Because without you, this union would not be a success!

The new system begins right after this post. And will end July 1st. So the first reward month will be short.

REMEMBER. No spamming. Spamming will result in action taken by rules set forth by our Union Government and Members.

Thank You,

Chancellor Nate Saathoff

Last edited by Saathoff on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:23 am

Daniel

Daniel

I like this idea. Also, I have a question; would Jon be eligible for these prizes or not? He is an admin, but not an Executive Office-holder, so... Razz

3Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:00 am

Yes seeing Jon does more site maintenance rather than posting like us. Only people not eligible are the three cabinet members Smile

4Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:01 am

Daniel

Daniel

Okay, got it Smile

5Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:49 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I like this idea as well ^_^ I'd love to see it get going Razz

6Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:58 am

bigro

bigro

Bit trivial if you ask me.

On one hand you need a good reward that isn't just superfluous. On the other hand doing this will/might result in some people posting very shallow things on just about anything they can just to get the reward. It's a catch 22 that can be avoided.

Honestly, I would make it a punishment for being the lowest a certain amount of times in a row and not a reward. Eg. You are the lowest 3 times in a row, you get a slap on the wrist and may not participate in [activity] or you get branded with the banner of shame.

7Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:31 am

Carl

Carl

I like this idea ^_^

LOL Bigro Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

8Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:01 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

You have to have some confidence in people that they will post alot but make every post have some sort of importance to the topic at hand.

9Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:26 am

Oh, good idea! I won't get it this month, because I'm on leave Razz

10Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Sounds like a good idea to me. Gets people more active. And I agree with bigro on the punishment for those who never post.

11Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Make sure forum games don't count Razz

12Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Forum games have never counted for the activity index, this is using the same formula and just resetting every month. So, they will continue to not count.

13Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Oh sure, bash the positive idea while encouraging the negative. Such a wonderful community this is. Razz

He has a point though. This could turn into it's own little version of "the post number obsession" of SimTropolis. You also can't "punish" people if they're dogged down in real life.

I'm a bit of a neutral person when I say could we just leave the index alone? I dunno.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

14Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I agree with Mike. Just when my activity index started to get higher. Crying

15Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:16 am

Right now its a reward system. Of course this will still all factor into Member Checkpoints. But I'm a guy that for sure does understand RL problems do come about. Just make sure you get in and tell us Smile We understand. Also comments do need to be in-depth or try to be. Like i said this a test. If it keeps going well, we will keep it Smile

16Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 am

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

What about meeting a certain threshold? If you dont meet that threshold in 3 consecutive months then you get on probation?

17Activity Index & Reward System Empty Re: Activity Index & Reward System Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:26 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

I'm on board with the reset every month idea, but I don't know about the 'reward for posting a lot' thing. But I don't post that much, so that may just be the 'I'm never going to get that' talking XD.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum