The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Approved | Claims to the Arktici

+8
Chris
Willem
Carl
Scotch Moen
Juls
SimEmirate
Agunter999
alerules22
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Accept the Proposal?

Approved | Claims to the Arktici Pollle1062%Approved | Claims to the Arktici Pollri10 62% [ 8 ]
Approved | Claims to the Arktici Pollle1023%Approved | Claims to the Arktici Pollri10 23% [ 3 ]
Approved | Claims to the Arktici Pollle1015%Approved | Claims to the Arktici Pollri10 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:07 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

In order to create a more realistic union, the Arktici Treaty and the Arktician Claims will be remodelled and re-written to create balance and realism in the union.

Approved | Claims to the Arktici 5rkwg

http://www.usnw.net

2Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)
Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

I support

3Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:16 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

I don't support this, for obvious reasons.

Last edited by SimEmirate on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

I support.

5Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I uhhh....my claim was moved, considerably. And enlarged, considerably. I dunno whether to be happy or upset. I do know I remember naming it Cathlaven.

Since this isn't a real time change, and more a complete change to the historical canon, I'm gonna have to say that I support this, only because it seems more fair, well thought out, and I've gotten a bigger piece.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

6Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:01 pm

alerules22

alerules22

I developed the claims through logic, and extensive research on how the real Antarctica was claimed, the past claims did not make any sense, and were incredibly unrealistic.

7Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:12 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate

The Arktici isn't Antarctica, and Adonia isn't Earth. Also, you can't just remove Mitron's claim without consulting Chris.

8Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:16 pm

alerules22

alerules22

That's why this is a proposal.

9Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Mitron's claim is highly unlogical. If Mitron had a base or more, it would be fine, but actual claim is unrealistic.

10Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Carl

Carl

This is way too different from the Antarctic treaty... Also, Arcticki is not Antarctica, just as what is established in the original purpose of USNW -- USNW is not earth.

Okaiken will not sign nor support the treaty in its entirety, mentioning that it is not a pie that would be divided into territories that assume claim to the last frontier. Territorial claims by numerous nations were ignored and instead, powerful nations assert their claim in this land.

On a specific note, we also do not sign the treaty because of the wording of the Sixth Article, which mentioned of "Contracting Parties". As mentioned above, The territorial claims are disputed, and with this treaty, those nations (Assuming to be Contracting Parties mentioned by this treaty) who have asserted their claim will have the power to control the territory in Arcticki, as mentioned as "Observers shall be nationals of the Contracting Parties which designate them." It also gives these nations an overwhelming right to their territory, and privately funded or nations that are not explicitly not mentioned in this treaty would have to suspend and disassemble their bases, affecting the original purpose of this treaty, the freedom of scientific expression.

It also mentioned of disputes being settled in the court of justice. First of all, if we signed this treaty, this confirms that the nations listed above have the explicit right to govern the area at their whim, and since the territories are now agreed upon on paper, the courts would use them, stating that since the treaty is agreed upon by the 'contracting parties' and has been disseminated through law, other nations which had complete legitimate claims would be left out.

Since this claim is hiding imperialism at this manner, we discourage this bill to be passed. Thank you.

(Also, that 1 CartCom vote down) Even though you've had extensive research with Antarctica, after all, this is USNW, and there's still a persistent problem of people sticking their flags everywhere (even at rock formations). The manner of realism -- Earth Realism -- should not vindicate the basis of law here. I remember what Chip said before: USNW is not the United Nations. Arcticki should instead be declared "Terra Nullius" - With bases replacing territorial claims and all nations having the right to be there for scientific research.

If a University can build a biological lab out of soil, then a nation with a limited amount of money can too.

That is my rant.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

11Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:29 pm

alerules22

alerules22

Carl, I am glad someone actually read the document! I worked hard on it Very Happy

First of all, yes, this document is entirely imperialistic! But you exaggerated one part, the nations with existing bases, do not have to disassemble them or suspend them, as they do not claim actual territory and work as missions by the nations who send them, they are not part of a national territory and are protected by Article 6 of this document.

BTW, if you're gonna RP this is supposed to be RPed as 1963, so there are not many exisiting bases located here ATM.

And there is CURRENTLY NO BASES located in the Arktici DOCUMENTED by the USNW.

Last edited by alerules22 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

This isn't supposed to be roleplayed at all guys. It's an Out Of Character proposal for a historical background in the cartographic committee. So no RP please.

13Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I had already figured it was out of character. Razz

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

14Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

I support this.

15Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:30 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Mitron does not support this bill. Claims are not a) out of hand or b) imperialistic, they are simply ways of allowing operations to exist within defined realms of a territory's laws, versus international law. These do not restrict other countries from working on Mitron's claims, in fact there is an international team at Mitron's base. The claims help the scientists to be more comfortable - they do not have to worry about rival countries or pirates attacking them, for they will be punished under Mitronan law.

Bottom line: Mitron does not support this.

16Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:03 pm

alerules22

alerules22

we said no rp, this is Out of Character, Chris

17Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Carl

Carl

Yes, you are assuming that this is not RP, but this is the framework of RP, with the true intent of nations mentioned is to hog the land.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

18Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:51 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

We want our scientists under our law and protection.

19Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:59 pm

alerules22

alerules22

You can have your scientists under your law and protection, did you read the treaty?

20Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:03 am

alerules22

alerules22

Carl wrote:Yes, you are assuming that this is not RP, but this is the framework of RP, with the true intent of nations mentioned is to hog the land.
Article IV states "No acts or activities taking place while the present Treaty is in force shall constitute a basis for asserting, supporting or denying a claim to territorial sovereignty in Arktici or create any rights of sovereignty in Arktici."

21Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:21 am

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

It's not RP, it's in the bloody project centre...

22Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:44 am

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Why are we all arguing over trivial things?

23Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Because it is important.

24Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Chris wrote:Why are we all arguing over trivial things?
Says the guy arguing about the national showcase... But this is trivial things? lol.

25Approved | Claims to the Arktici Empty Re: Approved | Claims to the Arktici Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

This does not really involve Acadia or Valessia, but I have no reason to disapprove of it. It is very well-written and realistic, Agus. Very Happy 

Chris, this would've taken place in 1963, before the USNW or your claims existed. Razz We're just discussing the treaty, if I am not mistaken.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum