The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

new to SC4

+7
alerules22
Jon
Will
stanislavsoltys
Chip
Daniel
androidboi
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Daniel

Daniel

lucylu wrote:Am I the only girl here?

I think so.

27new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Will wrote:INSIST... I counldn't think of a better way of saying it Razz Brain fried kinda, stressing over slacking too much Razz
I was looking at the part where you didn't reccommend the NAM

Double k50 moment! Razz

28new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Guys, I'm going to do Dantanaea in SC4. I had it before but had to buy it anew. It was also a while ago since I downloaded anything from Simtropolis, SC4Devotion etc. Could someone either guide/list me to the essential prop packs (if possible, could someone upload/send them to me from his own harddisk?) and guide me to Euro style houses, a decent terrain mod (Southern France or Mediterranean style, if possible) and both high-tech and old industrial lots, and ports?

29new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Well, here's a list of a few "Essentials" on the LEX: (You need an account)

- NAM (Network Addon Mod)
- NWM (Network Widening Mod)
- RHW (Real [Rural] Highway Mod)

There are a number of great terrain mods on both sites, here are a few of my favorites and their dependencies:

- Meadowshire Terrain
--- CPT No3 Terrain.bat
--- CPT No4 Terrain.bat
- Italia Terrain
--- Same as above.

I'll add some more soon.

http://www.usnw.net

30new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:40 pm

bigro

bigro

hmm...no one here would be able to point me out to any really low wealth slums? Like..really low wealth. (think Phillipines and Nigeria style low wealth)

31new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Qorten wrote:Guys, I'm going to do Dantanaea in SC4. I had it before but had to buy it anew. It was also a while ago since I downloaded anything from Simtropolis, SC4Devotion etc. Could someone either guide/list me to the essential prop packs (if possible, could someone upload/send them to me from his own harddisk?) and guide me to Euro style houses, a decent terrain mod (Southern France or Mediterranean style, if possible) and both high-tech and old industrial lots, and ports?

So I'm guessing Cities XL 2012 didn't do you any good. Than I probably just wasted $30's worth of Christmas money.

32new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Carl

Carl

bigro wrote:hmm...no one here would be able to point me out to any really low wealth slums? Like..really low wealth. (think Phillipines and Nigeria style low wealth)

try onlyplace4's content on the STEX (he passed away, so yeah)

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

33new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:27 pm

Qorten

Qorten

Chip wrote:Well, here's a list of a few "Essentials" on the LEX: (You need an account)

- NAM (Network Addon Mod)
- NWM (Network Widening Mod)
- RHW (Real [Rural] Highway Mod)

There are a number of great terrain mods on both sites, here are a few of my favorites and their dependencies:

- Meadowshire Terrain
--- CPT No3 Terrain.bat
--- CPT No4 Terrain.bat
- Italia Terrain
--- Same as above.

I'll add some more soon.

Started downloading prop packs today. The CAM and the Italian Terrain Mod are alreay installed. I'll look after the latest NAM tomorrow. I think I still have got a day or two before I have enough to start on a city. I've already found good regions for developing some of the most important cities in Dantanaea. I'll be using one region for the Derramo-Tellawong-area, another for the Wamorra-Goosebridge-Orrawong-area and another, third region for the New Tellamo-Wemba Bay-area. They're all rather large regions, so I'll be happy if I ever finish one large tile of one of those regions, but I'll certainly do my best to make it nice and to keep the interest.

34new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:27 pm

bigro

bigro

111222333444 wrote:
bigro wrote:hmm...no one here would be able to point me out to any really low wealth slums? Like..really low wealth. (think Phillipines and Nigeria style low wealth)

try onlyplace4's content on the STEX (he passed away, so yeah)
Hmm...Like those, sad about the maker though, from what I hear he was a good bloke.

Anyway, I may just have to lot my own slums D: can't find anything as crowded as I want. (Anyone know how to make those eyecandy plopabble things? (Like mayor menu trees) I find these easier to use than just plopping tiles all over the shop)

35new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Ask 976/Dryan/Forsma (He goes by many names, but his nations Karasem) he should have something for you. His are based off Indonesia if i'm right.

36new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:07 pm

Qorten

Qorten

Progress Update:

NAM, RHW, NWM and HSRP installed. Also installed a rather large amount of prop packs, as well as texture packs, industrial lots, Mediterranean looking farms and a part of the PEG farm fields. Still a lot more to download and install. I won't have a lot of time tomorrow so it'll be for the 31st. Going to look for a nice water mod and a Meditarranean rock mod. I'm also going to get the PEG Harbors.

Last edited by Qorten on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

37new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:08 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Sounds like you're doing well. Smile Anything on the Lex is worth downloading. Very Happy

http://www.usnw.net

38new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Qorten

Qorten

Does it matter whether you put your plugins in the My Documents\Sim City 4\Plugins folder or the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Sim City 4 Deluxe\Plugins folder?

39new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I don't know of anyone putting them in Program Files... it's safer in My Docs...

40new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:52 pm

Qorten

Qorten

Another progress update: I just imported the map I'll be using for Meralla, New Tellamo and Wemba Bay, three major cities, all three on the map I made that is in my subforum. Earlier today I downloaded and installed another round of prop packs from the LEX. Tomorrow I'm going to start downloading and installing a slew of lots from the STEX and then I'll be able to start. While I start out I'll download some more stuff from the PLEX, mainly the PEG Seaports and the PEG-OWW as well as their Marina lots.

41new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Carl

Carl

Yay Very Happy

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

42new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Can't wait! Very Happy

43new to SC4 - Page 2 Empty Re: new to SC4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Qorten

Qorten

Progress Update:

I got a bit behind on schedule, due to unexpectedly having had to work yesterday. I still havea bunch of buildings from the STEX and a bunch of stuff from the PLEX to download. My plugin folder has reached 1,10 GB though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum