The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

new to SC4

+7
alerules22
Jon
Will
stanislavsoltys
Chip
Daniel
androidboi
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1new to SC4 Empty new to SC4 Mon May 16, 2011 4:19 am

androidboi

androidboi

hey guys,

i'm trying to apply to this union, but i need to start building a city first. can you guys help me out in getting the necessary updates. i need the plugins and the nam and whatever else necessary, but i'm not sure where to get them. looking forward to joining the union soon! Smile

2new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Mon May 16, 2011 5:55 am

Daniel

Daniel

Hello androidboi!

Is this Bruce? He likes android...

3new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Mon May 16, 2011 9:58 am

Welcome androidboi!

To answer your question: I would start off with the two main sites: Simtropolis and SC4 Devotion. If you want a specific theme (like North American houses, Asian buildings, African shantytowns, etc.) we can guide you to the proper creators and proper smaller websites.

As for the NAM, once you are registered to SC4 Devotion, use these links:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=851 (the main NAM set that you need to have to get into any union, including this one).
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=853 (the RHW set. I would play around with it first because it's touch to get used to, but once you know how it works, you'll use it. It's basically a replacement for the Maxis highway).
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2376 (the NWM, again, I wouldn't use it until you have tried it out. It is a facelift for avenues, one way roads, and roads).

so with that said, welcome to the site Smile Do stick around! My name is K50 and I am the Executive Secretary (3rd in command) of the USNW.

Emperordaniel: I highly doubt it. Razz

4new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Mon May 16, 2011 6:42 pm

androidboi

androidboi

no my name isn't bruce lol, but thanks a bunch! this union sounds awesome and as soon as I get a city started, I'll apply. Smile

P.S. im from the PDX metro area also. go timbers!

5new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

To be honest, I thought he was Bruce too, and I had to do a IP check to reassure myself, but he is not Bruce.

Welcome to USNW! Smile I'm Chip, the First Minister, or second in command, and if you need help with anything, please ask.

Like K50 said, what type of cities are you looking to build, there's a wide variety of stuff, and if I had an idea of what you wanted to build, I could help you more. Smile

Anyway, Welcome to USNW! Very Happy

http://www.usnw.net

6new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Mon May 16, 2011 8:05 pm

androidboi

androidboi

nice to meet you all Smile

im gonna stick to american which is the easiest. lol... since i'm planning to be on your role playing planet. Very Happy

7new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Mon May 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Daniel

Daniel

ok....

WELCOME TO THE USNW ANDROIDBOI! I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU JOINING!!!

8new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Woohoo go Timbers! Razz

So American stuff? Here is what I would do:

Residential: Powersearch "mattb325" on the SC4 Devotion site, or LEX (thats the shortened name of it.... not really sure who made it up though). The powersearch button is at the top.

Commercial: This one's a little tough, but you do have a lot of choices. For midrises to highrises, I would start on Simtropolis with Ill Tonsko, Sparkythepenguin, and JT Portland. For Sparky and JT, you might recognize a few of those buildings Wink

Industrial: I don't do too much dirty industrial stuff in my cities (that's a good one for marsh to answer) but for farms, try the SimPeg Agricultural Mod (SPAM)

Transportation: I'd look around BriPizza's site. It's in Japanese, but it has some great "overhanging" stations. That means that you can plop a 1x1 or 1x2 lot and you will see a 3x1 or 4x1 station adjacent to that piece, overhanging a road or even an intersection. It's a little much to handle at first just because it can be used for so much. Use the NWM I liked to above too. None of these lots have dependencies except for the newest ones, which are downloadable right on the site.

By the way, the golden rule of downloading stuff from the biggest sites. They will have these things called "dependencies" or "needed files". You HAVE to download these, or the buildings and/or the game will act really funny. Once you download one pack once, you won't need to do it again. On the LEX, it will tell you when you have downloaded something but on the STEX, you will have to remember. Watch out though; some packs appear on both sites.

That's a lot of information so I wouldn't be surprised if you have some questions Razz so please ask in this thread if you do, The people here are here to help you, we love doing it! Smile Also, if you see in one of our cities something you like, we can tell you where we got it if you ask too.

9new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Tue May 17, 2011 5:35 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Gotta ask too, have any Euro links? Just need suburbs. Got everything else. And WELCOME ANDROIDBOI!!!! Hope you will apply successfuly!

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

10new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Wed May 18, 2011 2:43 am

Welcome! Smile Although I'm only an observer... Razz

Androidboi: I think you should try Some of SimGoobers stuff on the STEX, and some on the LEX. They have plenty of American Style Suburb type houses and commercial buildings along with some nice industrial BATs.

StanislavSoltys: I'd suggest SimCity Polska and I'm sure you know that, but they've got an amazing range of European suburb sets, as much as you need, Just what I've used for some of my ones. That's about all I know unless you check Simtropolis and SC4D.

11new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Thu May 19, 2011 4:57 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Thanks brethren, needed it! Razz

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

12new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Thu May 19, 2011 7:26 pm

androidboi

androidboi

thanks for the help guys! Smile

13new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Thu May 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

andriodboi, little suggestion, first off i'm will, I'd check Simgoober on the LEX and the STEX, Lex for alot of packs of stuff and check the STEX (simtropolis) for anything else which he doesn't have, but get all the dependencies and stuff squared away and don't buy things unnesscecerily from the STEX because alot of his stuff is in the LEX packs and individually on the stex. What part of america out of curiosity, I can help alot with Eastern America and Appalachia which are my specialty. Also to better steer you since american is a predominant style, usually urban, suburban or rural?

14new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Thu May 19, 2011 8:20 pm

androidboi

androidboi

Pacific NW. Smile

15new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Thu May 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

hmmm, probably mattb325 from the lex, olympic terrain mod definatly, jtportland's stuff, portland based Razz, like I said Simgoober, Pegasus and the stuff from simpeg works for anywhere in america. also, he hasn't logged on or uploaded in a long time but kevdan25 has good stuff on the stex. There are some good guys on the ain site who have pacific nw cj's. I had a cj in the pacific nw but it really didn't belong too well... I think a few usnw members have/had pacific nw cj's.

edit: um... wow... honestly your twice as good with sc4 as I am, I'm very little help here, probably one of the best rookies I've ever seen, i've been playing 3 years and am less than half as good...

16new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Hello I am Lucy you may have heard of me my brother is Ale Razz, I am going to join this Union yay Razz, but I am very new at the SC4 world, so if you could help me with some plugins I would be very pleased, I will get to the Polish, German Style of building but feel free to give me whatever you want Smile

17new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Welcome Lucy! I'm looking forward to seeing you join! Smile

As for German or Polish BATs, that's not the style I usually build in Razz, but I know STEX has quite a few good ones, just type in German, Polish, Germany, etc. Smile

18new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

www.simcitypolska.pl

Unless you speak polish you might need a translator, but this is one of my favorite sc4 websites.

19new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:26 pm

androidboi

androidboi

welcome lucy! Smile

20new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:33 pm

thanksyou all and Jon I a lot of thanks, I think my brother is a member and I will download a lot Razz, Am I the only girl here?

21new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:35 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Lucy I am at the next room and you didn't asked me Neutral, and yes I am a member.

http://www.usnw.net

22new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Seems like SC4 is becoming a family thing Razz

Welcome Lucy, i'm Will, Don't have much to say for Polish/German, I've dabbled in them but haven't done too much. Its always good to see a new member around here and can't wait to see your application, I recommend looking at other applications before applying yourself and even looking at your brother's cities. I also don't recommend the NAM, I INSIST on it, it is 99.99% Required for everything, it does that much to the gameplay, its a transport mod, mostly with car driven transit but also with rail transit. I'd say search the BSC LEX for some different things, there is plenty. Probably get some of the mods and stuff off of simpeg too, it can be used in alot of places.

23new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:42 pm

http://www.simtropolis.com/ (english)
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/ (english)
http://simcity.capitalsim.net/ (spanish)
www.simcitypolska.pl (polish... thats what Jon said)
http://www.toutsimcities.com/ (french)

Those are all good starts. Welcome to our forums Very Happy

24new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Will wrote:I also don't recommend the NAM, I INSIST on it,
Are you okay? Razz

NAM is on SC4Devotion and Simtropolis. Not to be confused with the RHW, NWM, SAM, STR, RAM, and T-RAM, (gotta love abbreviations Razz) which are great as well.

25new to SC4 Empty Re: new to SC4 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

INSIST... I counldn't think of a better way of saying it Razz Brain fried kinda, stressing over slacking too much Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum