The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forming Mitron's history

+5
Willem
Agunter999
Juls
Scotch Moen
Chris
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forming Mitron's history Empty Forming Mitron's history Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I've been working on Mitron's history a lot lately, as you probably know. Razz
I'm making this thread as a way to perhaps centralize ideas, apart from Skype, and to get any ideas you guys might have for my history.

Here's a link to my wiki which has most of my history: http://usnw-wiki.wikkii.net/w/index.php?title=Mitron

I plan on posting a different topic every so often in the replies and I can get people's interest in being involved with it, or any input, and such & such. Hopefully this can boost some more activity! Very Happy

*This is just a thread for people to pool their ideas and for me to help sort out my history, as well as get multiple opinions in one easy place.

Last edited by Chris on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

The first topic will be how the states formed around the Olympian Mountains. . So far, the idea I have is that they were avoided initially, while the country was regaining their strength after their fight for independence in the late 1810s. Settlers moved north, and in Ҫavale, during the late 1850s, Henry Ҫavale found an abundance of silver, leading many government-backed excursions out there to set up mining outposts as well as many individuals heading out there to strike it rich. In the south, in Harper, people headed out and set up ranches. Harper is the most equivalent, as well as Ҫavale, to what we Americans know as the Old West, or the Wild West. Eventually, the state of Aberdeen became a hub of Cicilian Sea trade. By the late 1880s, when it hit a boom in growth, it was easier and safer to travel west, and as such, it became quite popular, with it's many ports. Before that, Aberdeen was technically "international land", and had not been claimed except as colonies.

So, how's that so far? Also, would any country be interested in having Aberdeen as a colony? Harper & Ҫavale were unclaimed, although it was highly believed & respected that they would become Mitronian states, eventually. (Is that realistic?) Also, does that time frame fit? And lastly, one of my bigger questions, how would the states divide up the Olympian Mountains? I was fighting with Jack a little bit over the current division I have of the mountains.

State map: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/uninja12/Maps/mitron-state-map-revised.png

3Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

So, first point, Geographical history. Since the map shows a mountain range on the center of the island, your "wild west" wouldn't work. Since rain and storm clouds would come in from the west over the ocean, your wild west would actually be quite green and damp. Because of the mountains, you'd get the dry plains of the wild west actually on the East side of the island, between the mountains and the coast. I mean you could still have it culturally "wild" but not the same plains and deserts as we Americans are used to concerning the subject.

Second, 
Also, would any country be interested in having Aberdeen as a colony?
If this were at all possible in the modern day, It'd be a really good hunch that it'd be under the control of Kuyrut, since the Kuyrutian's have an extensive history of being aggressive expansionists. However for Kuyrut to have a dependency on Mitron, it'd be the state of Harper, since it's closer to Kuyrut than Aberdeen is.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

4Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

"Ҫavale"
No. Just no.

5Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Really? Well, you just showed up half my history with your weather smarts Razz

So, not even Harper or Cavale (both names will probably change) are like the wild west at all? Because I knew Aberdeen wouldn't be (it's named after the Aberdeen trees, a Sequoia relative) but I was hoping to have some kind of a wild west Razz So basically all of the western half of Mitron is humid forest?

And I was thinking more of an Althenan country having Aberdeen as a colony, seeing as it'd still be the 1800s and there was still some imperialism. Perhaps a Spanish-like country?

6Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:55 am

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)
Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

I will certainly like to have a colony in mitron

7Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:10 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Nope sorry, Brullen would have taken any colony of yours. Razz

Also, I don't think there would be any 'unclaimed' land in Mitron, unless it was a barren wasteland or the natives proved too stubborn.

Regarding the state borders in the mountains, I would see a line down the middle of the mountains dividing the nation into two halves. The halves would then be divided up into states. Seeing as your states are based on former colonies, I don't think Fulton would be a feasible state as it has no water access. Razz

8Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:29 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

If I had any idea on how to make a realistic history, then I would help you. D:

9Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

RepublicMaster wrote:Nope sorry, Brullen would have taken any colony of yours. Razz

Also, I don't think there would be any 'unclaimed' land in Mitron, unless it was a barren wasteland or the natives proved too stubborn.

Regarding the state borders in the mountains, I would see a line down the middle of the mountains dividing the nation into two halves. The halves would then be divided up into states. Seeing as your states are based on former colonies, I don't think Fulton would be a feasible state as it has no water access. Razz
You are 100% correct.  I tried explaining that to Chris and he didn't want to change it. Razz First, it makes no sense to have a state with no water access or anything but mountains.  Like the Appalachian Mountains after independence, the states expanded west, annexing parts of the mountains.  There was no new state called "Appalachia" or anything.  

Second, Mitron is an island.  (Thanks, Captain Obvious)  So, having any unclaimed land on it after it became independent is not even logical.  It is likely that the entire island was Trentannian territory, until independence, then it was all given to Mitron.  Like Will said, the natives would be the only problem.

Third, it doesn't make any sense for Bergenstein to have a colony all the way over there.  Bergenstein probably didn't even exist yet.  And a larger power (like Trentannia or Brullen) would have taken the colony anyway.

Wow I did that way out of order...

10Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I was thinking that perhaps the Trentannians hadn't fully explored the island. In the early 1800s, when Mitron gained independence, I was thinking it would be highly probable that they would have no idea how far the land went. However, if they did, then yes, it would've been our territory presumably, although it wouldn't have become formal states until settled upon and voted upon by Parliament.

11Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Jack

Jack

They would've definitely gotten the coastline of the island figured out by the 1800s.  Razz

12Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:44 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

I'm pretty sure trentannia explored most of that land since they fought kuyrut early 1700's

13Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:11 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Even if they hadn't walked over every part of the island, they would have claimed it anyway. Razz

14Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Daniel

Daniel

*quietly lurks in the background of this thread* Razz

15Forming Mitron's history Empty Re: Forming Mitron's history Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

All of this is non-canon now, considering I moved and everything. So, uh.....may we delete this thread? Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum