The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2013 General Election Information

+2
Willem
Jon
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1January 2013 General Election Information Empty January 2013 General Election Information Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 am

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

January 2013 General Election Information

It's now time for the first USNW elections of 2013. This means Full Members can run for ministry positions or executive cabinet offices, and all members above Observer can democratically vote on who should they want to be the next leader or minister.

Here's how it works. If you are a full member, you can run for as many ministries that you think you can handle. It is not advised, however, that one person run for more than two ministry positions. Ministry positions will be expected to be active in their area and that is simply not possible if you spread yourself too thin. You can also run for an Executive Cabinet office (Chancellor, First Minister, or Executive Secretary), but if you do, you have to choose one of those three (i.e., you can't run for Chancellor and Executive Secretary, you have to choose one). If you run for a cabinet position it is advised that you run for, at maximum, one ministry position.

To run for office, you need to have a campaigning thread ready to go. Create this somewhere in the subforum labeled "Campaign Centre" saying something like "(name) for (position)". You can post your plans in office, your campaign signatures, avatars, etc. in that thread. Have one thread for each position. On January 18, your thread will be locked. If you don't create a thread by the January 18 deadline, you will NOT be in the polls, even if you are the incumbent.

The administration department is seeking opinions on whether or not debates should be held. If there is significant interest (respond to this thread to express said interest) the debates will be held between the end of the campaign period and January 25.

Election Period: Begins Friday, January 25, ends at midnight (GMT-6) on Monday January 28th.

Regarding the above, there are a few guidelines. Please don't throw someone who is running against you into the dirt. We are all friends here, don't go slamming on them. Any content like that will be removed. Also, you may not go around asking people what they voted during the voting stage. Do NOT tell ANYBODY what you voted, unless an admin asks you after the voting is closed.

Frequently Asked Questions

Has anything changed since last time?
No, unless significant interest is expressed in debates.

Am I eligible to run?
That's a good question the eligibility list will answer.

I've been an Ambassadorial Member for three months. Can I apply for full membership and be able to run for a ministry?
Yes. This was a very common trend in the last elections, and probably will be again. Check the eligibility list to make sure you aren't running for nothing, however.

What is a majority in these elections?
Unlike the International Assembly where a 2/3 majority is required, any majority will win the elections. If someone receives 8 votes (at this point in time, that is just over 50% of the union), they will clinch the position and the polls will be closed with immediate effect. If someone does not receive 8 votes but has more than the other person running, they will win the poll.

What happens in ties, and/or can I get a recount?
In the event of a tie, a recount will be held. The exact details of any recount will be decided by the incumbent cabinet. The winner of the recount will win the elections. Recounts cannot be requested, the only other reason a recount can be held is an error in the procedure of the election making the original results invalid. Only the incumbent can deem an election invalid. Ties in recounts forced by a tie. will be decided by a vote of the incumbent cabinet.

If you have any further questions please ask them by replying to this thread.

Last edited by Jon on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 3 times in total

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Can Observers be made to vote?

Jon

Jon

Observers cannot vote in USNW General Elections. This in the charter and can only be changed through a Charter Amendment.

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Ok then Smile

Jon

Jon

Just a reminder that if you do not announce candidacy before next Friday, you cannot run for office. A full campaign is not required, simply a statement in a thread in the Campaign Centre.

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

So ALL positions are available in the elections? I have to run again? D:

Well then, I guess I will run for Executive Secretary and Ministry of Science and Space Exploration again.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Jon

Jon

Yes, this a full general election. All positions are up for election.

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Goodluck to all candidates Smile would have loved to run against you Folland but I am only an ambassadorial member Razz

edit: spelling mistakes Razz

Carl

Carl

@Abe - apply as full member Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Jon

Jon

Just a reminder:

If your campaign (at least a statement of candidacy) isn't posted by 11:59PM GMT-6 tomorrow (5:59 Saturday on GMT) then you cannot run for office. No exceptions will be made.

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

So, is the voting going to start soon?

Jon

Jon

Jon wrote:Election Period: Begins Friday, January 25, ends at midnight (GMT-6) on Monday January 28th.

Jack

Jack

I knew the information was somewhere, and I just wasn't looking. Razz Thanks. Smile

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I believe we're in the debate stage of this!

Jon

Jon

Jon wrote:The administration department is seeking opinions on whether or not debates should be held. If there is significant interest (respond to this thread to express said interest) the debates will be held between the end of the campaign period and January 25.

Jon

Jon

Due to me completely letting this slip my mind the election period will now open tomorrow evening and end at 11:59 PM Tuesday rather than Monday.

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Okay. D:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum