The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 Special Presidential Election

+5
Jack
Qorten
Scotch Moen
Carl
Jon
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Please Select a Candidate for the Office of President

2012 Special Presidential Election Pollle1029%2012 Special Presidential Election Pollri10 29% [ 2 ]
2012 Special Presidential Election Pollle1029%2012 Special Presidential Election Pollri10 29% [ 2 ]
2012 Special Presidential Election Pollle1042%2012 Special Presidential Election Pollri10 42% [ 3 ]
2012 Special Presidential Election Pollle100%2012 Special Presidential Election Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

12012 Special Presidential Election Empty 2012 Special Presidential Election Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

The President of Kaskaskia resigned earlier this year. The Kaskaskian constitution states that the sitting vice-president will become the interim president, and a special election to fill the vacated office must be conducted within six months. On August 30th the General assembly set this election on October 20th. Four candidates have emerged from the primary and preliminary election process, representing 4 of Kaskaskia's 9 major political parties.

2012 Special Presidential Election Electionksk

Members of these forums will have the ability to vote and influence the election starting October 13th.

Last edited by Jon on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

22012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 am

Carl

Carl

oooh nations electing new leaders eh? Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

32012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I'm looking forward to this!

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

42012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:27 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Interesting candidates! I do hope Juliet Masterfield doesn't get elected, otherwise we may very well have an Euphemian war on our hands.

Last edited by Qorten on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

52012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:48 am

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

James Franklin-Moss seems like a really smart guy! Its funny, because about a week ago I began building a city on the Acadia-Kaskaskia border on the Missoula River (I believe?). I used a Montreal map and called the city Ellsburgh. Razz

62012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Jon

Jon

This has been rescheduled to start this Friday, October 26th. Before then I will have a post detailing candidate reactions to recent events in Euphemia.

72012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:29 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I don't know who to choose now! D: I like one but he has a bad point, and I like the other but HE has a bad point too. I can't seem to completely win here. lol

82012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:39 am

Jon

Jon

I tried to make it up so that two the candidates had both positives and negatives, and the other are extremists. This is made easier because I know some of your political ideas and tried to avoid exactly matching any of them.

I also made it a hard choice for myself. Razz

It's like a real election, you gotta decide who is the least bad.

92012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Jack

Jack

James Franklin-Moss!

102012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:48 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

So...the election's over now?

112012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I think he may have just gotten bogged by the dreaded Real Life Syndrome.

122012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Jon

Jon

The polls are now open, and will close at exactly 4:00 PM CDT Tomorrow. KONA will provide election coverage between now and then. If you want to wait there will be a post detailing candidate positions on recent happenings within the hour.

Also a note on how this works, All the candidates have already been assigned a percentage through a weighted random draw. The results from this poll will be averaged with those results to decide the election.

Anyone can vote in this poll, regardless of membership status at USNW.

Last edited by Jon on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

132012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Jon

Jon

All candidates have been surveyed by KONA about how recent happenings have changed their positions going into the elections. KONA then used those responses to add the following to the candidate profiles for each candidate.

Damian Carmichael
Mr. Carmichael has reversed his position concerning relations with Acadia, and now supports stronger relations with Acadia as well as Kaskaskia’s continued involvement as part of the Euphemian Bloc. Mr. Carmichael strongly opposes Kaskaskian military involvement in the communist uprisings of Eastern Althena. He prefers a system of sanctions against nations where takeovers have occurred and would send humanitarian aid groups to the region.

Juliet Materfield
Ms. Masterfield’s positions regarding relations with Kaskaskia’s neighbors have not changed. She views Kaskaskian membership in the Euphemian Bloc as a sell out to the major powers in Euphemia. She does support Kaskaskian military involvement in Eastern Althenan conflicts, but as a separate entity from the Euphemian Bloc. She is on the record as saying that the dropping of the trade embargo against Acadia was “a national disgrace, one that will forever tarnish the image of Kaskaskia.”

James Franklin-Moss
Mr. Franklin-Moss is thrilled that relations between Kaskaskia and Acadia have cooled, and wishes to work to foster that relationship. He is in favor of the Kaskaskian presence in the Euphemian Bloc but continues to support lessened relations with Folland. He supports all Kaskaskian actions in Eastern Althena.

Duncan Phillips
Mr. Phillips has reversed his position concerning relations with Acadia, and now is in favor of strengthening trade with Acadia to provide new markets for Kaskaskian exports. He supports membership in the Euphemian bloc and friendship with all nations on Euphemia willing to work with and respect Kaskaskia. He strongly supports military action against communist uprisings in Eastern Althena.

142012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I exercised my patriotic duty of Kaskaskia and voted for President. Very Happy

152012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:01 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

some interesting candidates there, I voted for sure x3

162012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Vooted Razz

172012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Jack

Jack

The last two candidates are both great, IMO. But you know who I voted for. Razz

182012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Jon

Jon

KONA News Line

Early returns are starting to come in, and exit polling data is predicting a dead heat between Carmichael and Phillips. However, numbers indicate the KAFP candidate may steal some electoral votes in what otherwise would be key battlegrounds between the two leaders. Some polling data appears to indicate that Franklin-Moss may actually carry Massac County, the first time the KAFP has won a county.

192012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:11 am

Jack

Jack

I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed. Very Happy

202012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Duncan Phillips FTW!

http://www.usnw.net

212012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

No, if he wins then he'll make Kaskaskia an enemy of Folland. D:

222012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Good! Very Happy Haha, Just Kidding.

http://www.usnw.net

232012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:09 pm

Jack

Jack

James Franklin Moss is still holding on! Very Happy

242012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:16 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Moss!! hope he wins Smile

252012 Special Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Special Presidential Election Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 am

Carl

Carl

Ewww can't vote Neutral

Go not commie nor conservative

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum