The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act

+5
Sauberbmw
Qorten
Kurt
Jon
Jack
9 posters

Approve the Activity Checkpoint Act?

Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Pollle1070%Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Pollri10 70% [ 7 ]
Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Pollle1010%Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Pollri10 10% [ 1 ]
Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Pollle1020%Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Pollri10 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I would like to introduce the Activity Checkpoint Act. This act would repeal Nate Saathoff's Activity Index Policy and replace it with new guidelines as shown below.

• Member activity checkpoints will be held every 3 months on the first day of the month
  • Any member with an activity index below 0 will be downgraded, or if the said member is an observer, their membership will be revoked
  • On-leave members' activity indexes will be reset when they return
  • On-leave members will be exempt from activity checkpoints
  • When an activity checkpoint is completed, all remaining administrators, full members, ambassadorial members, and observer members will have their activity index reset, excluding on-leave members
  • No administrator can overrule, modify, or repeal this act without the approval of the international assembly, by a majority vote

• I hope these guidelines will improve and clarify the activity index system. Smile

Last edited by Jack on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Jon

Jon
    First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

This is basically what I was going to propose anyway, so I support this. However, for clarity's sake, do you think we should maintain the current point system? It is as follows.

Topic: 3 Points
    Forum Games Posts and Topics: 0 Points
    CJ Update: 5 Points (this has been neglected, and needs Admins to keep up with it.)

The neglect of the CJ points is my fault, I haven't really taught the other admins how to do it.

3Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Kurt

Kurt
    Admin (Shayden)
    Admin (Shayden)

I like the idea, but it makes me paranoid since I'm not able to point everyday.

4Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Qorten

Qorten
    Member (Ami Confederation)

I don't know how you admins check whether someone did a CJ-update, but if you have to search all the Showcases to check whether someone did, you could reverse the roles and have members post a link in a thread especially made to make admins aware of their new CJ-update. Then the admin needs only click the link to see whether it is indeed a valid CJ-update.

5Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

I think we should also delete members that haven't logged in for 3 months (or whatever number of months). This would help clear memory and show which members are actually active. (not member states but registered users Razz )

6Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Jon

Jon

Qorten wrote:I don't know how you admins check whether someone did a CJ-update, but if you have to search all the Showcases to check whether someone did, you could reverse the roles and have members post a link in a thread especially made to make admins aware of their new CJ-update. Then the admin needs only click the link to see whether it is indeed a valid CJ-update.

The original policy is that people posting CJ articles should PM an admin, but that stopped happening about a week after it was made the policy. I think that is a good idea though, if people remember to do it.

7Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:15 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
    Member (Folland)
    Member (Folland)

Deleting entire members just puts a frustration on them for having to re-register if they do return from being away.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

8Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:43 am

Jack

Jack

Mike: First they must be downgraded. Razz But, maybe we should extend the time needed for their account to be revoked to 6 months missing, instead of 3.

9Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Carl

Carl

Besides, registered members have contributed to the forums (like benedictx, which provided us with the Enieo designs)

So it's better to leave it out Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

10Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:21 pm

Jack

Jack

I think this is ready for voting. Smile

11Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:53 pm

kj34

kj34
    Member (Paradise)
    Member (Paradise)

Jon wrote:This is basically what I was going to propose anyway, so I support this. However, for clarity's sake, do you think we should maintain the current point system? It is as follows.

Topic: 3 Points
    Forum Games Posts and Topics: 0 Points
    CJ Update: 5 Points (this has been neglected, and needs Admins to keep up with it.)

The neglect of the CJ points is my fault, I haven't really taught the other admins how to do it.

I could figure it out. Should I try?

Last edited by kj34 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:54 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Voooooted

13Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:41 am

Qorten

Qorten
    Member (Ami Confederation)

Voted.

14Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:48 am

Kurt

Kurt
    Admin (Shayden)
    Admin (Shayden)

Voted.

15Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Jon

Jon

Voted.

16Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
    Member (Folland)
    Member (Folland)

Voted

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

17Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:18 pm

kj34

kj34
    Member (Paradise)
    Member (Paradise)

Voted. Also it apparently isn't possible.

18Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Empty Re: Voting: Activity Checkpoint Act Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:35 pm

kj34

kj34
    Member (Paradise)
    Member (Paradise)

Obviously this passed, so...

Moved and locked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum