The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Call to End the Politics

+5
bigro
Daniel
kj34
YingBlanc
Will
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A Call to End the Politics Empty A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

There have been some talks recently between me and some of the other admins and we've come to the realization that this community is spiraling out of control. Sim City is a game, and when a game tries to turn into something more, it can have dire consequences. Some of the events of the last few days and weeks shouldn't have happened, they were uncalled for, including some of my own actions. What needs to happen, as a whole of the community, is that we need to relax, as a whole we are turning too serious, too political, too strained. We started because we all gravitated toward a central goal, the fun of sim city, at this point the fun is dying in this community. Video Games are not political, they are a type of entertainment, they should not change from that. When things change like this, people are hurt, things are said that shouldn't be, and lives can even be changed, forever. So now for those of you that simply skip over something like this here is the verdict, If anyone continues to treat this too seriously, and not as the game it is, your membership here will be suspended immediately.

2A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:58 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

finally, I've been saying for ages that we all need to bleeding relax xD

3A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Good post Will, nice to hear it from the top.

4A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:13 pm

I feel like revoking someones membership is a bit counterproductive and hypocritical...You want to stop seriousness by being extremely serious and taking away membership?..

5A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Tyler wrote:I feel like revoking someones membership is a bit counterproductive and hypocritical...You want to stop seriousness by being extremely serious and taking away membership?..

Actually that's a brilliant point. If were throwing politics aside, then why are revoking membership. That's politics right there. Secondly if you're so set on punishment just ban them for a 3 days or something

6A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Suspend, not revoke, there is a major difference. I know people for whom a good time away has done good.

7A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Well good for you Razz

8A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Suspending them is doing the same thing. So instead of getting rid of politics you bring in the politics of banning people which creates a lot animosity and makes everybody tense and splits the union into teams, one for the government and one for the person that got suspended. I feel like I can't really even take this seriously coming from the person that just filed a lawsuit regarding the elections...

Don't ban somebody to make things less tense..that does the exact opposite of what you want.

Oh and don't tell me there's a difference between revoking membership and suspending.. I'm not an idiot Will.

9A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:15 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Good god, about time someone listened to my sense XD. There's no need to take crap here seriously. We're all here to have some fun. But here you all go, getting serious over getting serious. Seriously, chill out.

10A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Tyler, Nate, I'd be happy to hear any suggestions you have instead. Kenny, Ying, I thank you for support Smile

11A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Heres one suggest, talk to others (your cabinet peers before making rash decisions how to handle members) Just some food for thought. Only thing that I see you need to address. Never make a decision solely on your own.

hope that helps Smile

12A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Will wrote:There have been some talks recently between me and some of the other admins and we've come to the realization that this community is spiraling out of control.

This was not soley my opinion, nor my decision. I'm just the one posting it.

13A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Saathoff wrote:Heres one suggest, talk to others (your cabinet peers before making rash decisions how to handle members) Just some food for thought. Only thing that I see you need to address. Never make a decision solely on your own.

hope that helps Smile

Like Will said, he discussed this in detail with me and Jon before making the announcement. Wink

14A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Clarity, Will, Clarity. Seeing the talks between you and what I would assume be Daniel, and maybe Jon should be seen. But since you did talk, I'll just go back to agreeing with tyler, banning people is only going to cause more tension.

PS. I'm an admin to. So if you want to neglect me so be it

15A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 pm

bigro

bigro

You're an admin, who's bright idea was that?

We let Jon be a 'maintenance admin' because we know he's got some serious web design things going on. What the hell are you going to do anyway that none of the other admins or Jon can do?

And to add to this, your arguments, hell, any argument even MADE from this point on is completely redundant and has been so since Will posted that we all need to calm down and realise that this isn't a federal issue (well, maybe not in those words)

By arguing, you are already breaking rules.

This one I'm afraid, isn't a choice. No vote. No debate. No drama.
Your Chancellor has spoken, and you should respect it. Even if it's not worded in the greatest of ways, you should respect it. RESPECT.
It's earned, not taken. Will earned it but tell me what you have done to earn a single scrap. What, made yourself a perma-admin and had a good chuckle with your mates? No.

I realise that /this/ post is very very VERY hypocritical, but I just really don't care right now. It needed to be said.

Will is on to something here, we are being torn apart by this STUPID and SENSELESS arguing. It needs to stop, it needs to stop now.

End of story. Good night.

16A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Carl

Carl

I came here to have fun. Period.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

17A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Hey guys I think I am going to voice my opinion, first off

If anyone is to be suspended then Will and Saathoff need to be suspended right now along with anyone else like Daniel etc....who was involved in these really stupid fights (I DONT HATE YOU GUYS BUT IM TRYING TO MAKE A POINT SO READ ON DONT FLIP ON ME Wink ). You guys can go on a bashing spree cause a ton of $censored$ then go "okay well were done now we had a good run at attacking each other we want to stop now and oh hey now its illegal!" so you had your turn to act in a certain way with no punishment and now any of us who talk up will be punished ?

Thats hypocritical, big time.

Second Bigro, what you have said is out of line. You want to say something say it in an eloquent way. You have a different way of saying things and acting and it comes across in what you type. Hey its cool and I think your probably and awesome guy to hang out with in person, but seriously watch what you type because you will start something and honestly you will deserve whatever comes your way. And I frankly have enough of bashing over msg's period! You said you do to but then went and did it? AND then you go we need to get along and thats it good night? SO again you bash we listen the person who's being bashed is bashed, AND oh now we don't bash back because you say so?.... If you don't want their to be bashing then do not bash first. (AND btw no one bash bigro back please I am not saying we bash back im saying no one should bash even when making a point.)

NOW I have left 2 times now because of all of your infighting and ego's on domination. It needs to stop. I joined went on skype tried to get involved and you all burnt me bad. You burnt me bad in showing me its not about a fun and realistic play its about whos bigger better stronger in what they write... But I will admit things have changed. before I would get in MASSIVE arguments with you guys over wars and trade disputes that spilled over into insulting one another. So as a test I picked a fight with Daniel over the pipeline.... and you know what it was an awesome fight. It was mature and controlled and never wandered off topic. And I thank you for that Daniel - thats why i joined usnw.

You guys have something great here but I think you all need to really chill out. Threatening to suspend a person is stupid, and if that is enacted everyone who was fighting in this election should then be suspended. And I do not think any of you are down for that?

So what do you do then? Hmmm,

Well open a topic where everyone openly apologies for their actions. Make a real heart felt apology. Want to write a paragraph? then do so, want to write a line? thats fine. Just mean it. And each post in it will be from whoever making their apology.

After that if there is a grievance or if someone feels attacked or pressured, you post it in a second topic called "I have a problem". AND PLEASE, eloquently make your point, don't attack don't swear just say 'this and this is my problem, him or her said this, I would like to resolve it before we get to aggressive'.

That way its public record and everyone can help moderate and calm everyone down. Then if someone flies of the handle we can ask them to stop msging cool down and come back to the convo later. AND we do this as a group not as one person telling another what to do or arbitrarily suspending people.

It is late. I have worked today from 6 am to 6 pm and was on site in the sun ensuring a subdivision was going in properly as a site engineer. I am tired, I am drained and I do not want to come back to these arguments. It was 35 degrees in Toronto today and there was a heat alert. If I can keep my cool after being aggravated by the hot weather, so can all of you.

You are all awesome, you make the game play fun, please let us keep it that way and excuse my spelling grammar and sentence structure I am a tired 21yrold who just wants to have fun on here.

18A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I agree that the suspension thing is unnecessary. We are humans with opinions. We should be able to express them, as long as we can control them.

19A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:27 pm

You da man Pat Smile nicely put.

20A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:28 am

bigro

bigro

:I

I don't even know anymore, listen mate; I get your tired; I get you probably skimmed a lot of my post; I get that this is just a game.

I was stating facts. Would you like me to cite them? Because I will and I can.

I just want to know who gave him the right to make himself a perma-admin. Who authorized it. If the answer is nobody, then you have a fine case on your hands. Fine case indeed. The point I made is that all the other admins earned their adminship, Sure nate earned to be chancellor for a bit there but in all honesty he shouldn't have made himself a different kind of admin; at least not without discussion first, I didn't see any discussion on it which probably means there wasn't any. I see most things, even if I don't I know people who do. (looking at all the other admins bar Jon here)

Listen, I won't bring up history. But this smells awful familiar. Just don't get into anything you'll regret later k? I'm concerned for your sakes and just want this bull ended.

21A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:38 am

Pat...You're the man. Simply put Smile

22A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:24 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Okay, alright...what in the world am I missing here? Skeptical

Taking things seriously, infighting, revoking memberships and such?? I've been trying to post every single day and yet this major thing gets right past me. Can there be some elaboration here for the one's out of the loop?

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

23A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:45 am

Jack

Jack

Mike: Here's an entire wiki page for what happened. http://usnw.wikkii.com/wiki/June_Crisis_of_2012

24A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:48 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Wow. I guess I missed quite a bit in such a short time.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

25A Call to End the Politics Empty Re: A Call to End the Politics Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:59 am

Jack

Jack

Very Happy I just added your new proposal to the article.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum