The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

June 2012 Site Redesign Bug Reports and Discussion

+3
Scotch Moen
Jack
Jon
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

As you may have noticed, the forums have undergone (and are still undergoing) a pretty radical redesign to a more modern and professional look. I'm fixing bugs as I find them, but if you find any please post them here so I can address them as soon as possible. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them here as well.

- Jon

Last edited by 2b2gbi on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I think it looks great. Awesome job on this. While you're upgrading the site, I found something today on the forumotion site that might be useful. If you do the steps it can change the link in the navbar that says "home" to "forum".

Add this CSS to the very TOP LINE of the CSS Stylesheet.
Code:

.mainmenu[href="/forum"],.mainmenu[href="/forum"] {display:none}

Then add a new menu with the name and text "Forum" and have the redirection URL be "/forum?", "/forum.htm", or "/forum.html". Make sure you add one of them.

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

It sure was a surprise to me. Razz For a split second I thought I was on the wrong forum! Nice new theme. It'll take a bit getting used to. (I had JUST gotten used to the previous lol) But good upgrade!

One thing I noticed though. There seems to be a large gap created in all out posts after everything we say, extending our message box larger than necessary.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Daniel

Daniel

MikeS wrote:One thing I noticed though. There seems to be a large gap created in all out posts after everything we say, extending our message box larger than necessary.

From what Jon told me, that space is left there to allow the user info on the left of the post - as well as the signature slot - to fit in properly. Hope that helps. Smile

Jon

Jon

The post area (not including the sig) has to be at least as large as the profile info on the right, if the post is longer than that there is no extra space.

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Add membership at the menu bar. Smile And will this look like the SCJU website? :O

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Well I think it's pretty swank. Not that the previous version was bad, but this is better.

Carl

Carl

Nice forum designs D:

I think we should bring back custom banners soon, but let's do it google style Razz

21000 Posts! jocolor cheers

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum