The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Update 27: Mackay Park

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Update 27: Mackay Park on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Will

Member (GSK)
I know this is a shocking site yes, I have an update...First time in quite a long time, atleast it seems so to me, I'm used to updates every week or two and I'm going on a month without an actual update but here she be, Mackay Park. For those familiar with Melbourne, it's designed to have similar assets as Albert Park and Melbourne Park and is in conention to host Simlympics XVI.

Just as is in Albert Park, a racecourse winds its way through Mackay Park, going around Mackay Lake.

But along the far side, along the straight between turns one and two, is West City Stadium, a 67,000 seat Engineering Marvel which would host the Opening Ceremonies of the XVI Simlympiad.

While the centerpiece of the event is the Northern Wheel, a Ferris Wheel aimed at the Northern Pole of Adonia, between Park Arena and West City Stadium.

But neighboring Park Arena is another marvel, the Mackay Park Tennis Center, anchored by Lachlan Holtze Arena, Court 1 of 9.

Along the North edge of the actual park is JC Haszler Stadium, which would host Athletic events for the Simlympics.

Mackay Park Cricket Oval and the Pearson Road area of town.

But the Mackay Park Train Station is the main way to get into and out of Mackay Park.

View user profile

2 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Stunning as usual .. and I love the parks.

Only gripe is lack of car parks, although I see parking structures and underground entrances to car parks. There is something about the ugly eyesores that are carparks that adds to the realism and the over all effect of the area... I guess it's something we are use to in real life and when see pictures with out them, it looks odd. I do prefer the greenery though Razz

Great choices for the stadiums and I hope you are successful with your Simlympic bid!

View user profile

3 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Will

Member (GSK)
The idea is that the car parks are underground Smile I'm working on a project in school where the entire parking garage is underground actually. Shocking but I'm in charge of the landscape for the whole project (three leaders, i'm Site)

View user profile

4 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Kurt

Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)
I love the looks of this! Great job! Smile

View user profile

5 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
I love that winding road in the first image! Made use of the FAR right? Did i acronym that correctly? lol

View user profile http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

6 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:02 am

Will

Member (GSK)
Thanks Kurt, I think you forgot an R in there at the end but i've never really known :p And yes I did, it's based on the last few turns at Albert Park (http://g.co/maps/xcmuy) sorry, Google Maps doesn't understand what i'm doing here :p

View user profile

7 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:23 am

I love this, and hope you'll succeed in your Simlympic bid (although I think you should put an underground car entrance or two at least - they have transit-enabled versions on the STEX) Smile

View user profile

8 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:28 am

Will

Member (GSK)
There are underground car entrances :p and they're transit enabled :p By the arena, look up in that same block as the Big garage

View user profile

9 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:37 am

Ah, I see them now, thanks for pointing them out Razz

View user profile

10 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 am

Will

Member (GSK)
certainly Smile

View user profile

11 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:53 am

Like I said on ST, nice work Smile

12 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:02 pm

awesome, good luck with the big and also, you putting that track up for the next F1 season here?

View user profile

13 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Will

Member (GSK)
Replied on ST Escil Wink
Ying: Possibly, I'm using it in my Domestic Series already for this season.

View user profile

14 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Like it Very Happy

View user profile http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

15 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:05 pm

kj34

Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)
I must say, this is impressive!

View user profile

16 Re: Update 27: Mackay Park on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Will

Member (GSK)
And the thing is, I've already got my next update quite a nice ways there, and I think it's even better than this one... just sayin Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum