The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

AICS Ranker Summer 2011

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AICS Ranker Summer 2011 Empty AICS Ranker Summer 2011 Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:18 pm

THE RANKER™

Unique to the AICS, the Ranker™ is a sophisticated program that ensures that your storied colleges in your country are just as good in the AICS as they are in your roleplay, instead of other leagues using random rankings. The Ranker™ is similar the Point Allocating System (PAS) for the Simlympics, however, is used for your individual colleges.

Directions are available in the Microsoft Excel document. If you do not have Microsoft Excel from a 1998 version to a 2011 version, or have a program that can read an Excel document, you need to contact me as soon as you can. If you do, you can download it here.

The Ranker™ requires a passcode for it to work. This passcode protects unlikely spamming from happening in case the file is downloaded on a separate site. A big box (you can't miss it) is waiting for you to enter the passcode into. Type it just as it appears below.

::CLICK FOR THE PASSCODE::

Send in your spreadsheet to k50dudesc4@gmail.com once it is completed. A week before the Ranker™ closes, I will post a list of whose form I have received and whose I am waiting for. I am hoping that everyone signed up by the second week of April, thats when I want to start competition.

FAQ's - PLEASE READ.
What is the "Summer Sports Jubilee?"
The Summer Sports Jubilee is a major competition putting all of the colleges against each other the week before playoffs, as well as hosting qualifiers for those who didn't automatically for the playoffs. During this week, however, other sports, such as a wakeboarding/waterskiing competition, beach volleyball, sailing/surfing, and a few others that aren't significant enough for their own division are presented in this week only. Allocating points to this field makes that college do well in these unique events. The other, more popular sports in this fun event go off of their fields (so if your golf team is phenominal all year, it will still be pretty good going into the Jubilee).

How many points do I get to allocate?
Because we are all starting afresh at the same time, everyone gets a solid 100 points to allocate for each college you have. This number can go up between the success of each college you have. If you win hosting rights to something (the biggest thing you can host is the Summer Sports Jubilee for summer sports, however, playoffs and certain all-star games are out their for grabs too) or have major success (which is dependent on how well you fill the Ranker™ out!) the number will go up. The number will never go below 100 as long as you are in AICS (although mediocre seasons may keep it close to there).

When is the Ranker™ due?
Send it in as early as you can, however, the due date is going to be set between Monday, April 4, and Thursday, April 7. If you send it in after that, you will be penalized points and your teams will not be as good. If you don't send it in, I will be randomly allocating points for you.

How do I host an event?
If you would like to host an invitational tournament or meet for a sport, you can send me a PM. The Summer Sports Jubilee, Baseball/Softball playoffs, Track and Field all-star meet, and golf championship tournament are more significant, pre-planned events, so you will have to win a bid to attain the rights to host them.

I have a question for you not listed above.
Post it below, I'm here to help you!

2AICS Ranker Summer 2011 Empty Re: AICS Ranker Summer 2011 Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:28 am

I have set a due date for The Ranker™️ which will be Friday, April 8. So far I have one sent in, which is perfectly okay (it's a pretty time-consuming thing to fill out, so I am expecting most Rankers™️ to come in right before they are due). However this league, if you fill it out, will be much more fun for you Razz so please do so.

Again, if anyone doesn't have Excel, or if anyone has questions, this thread is always open Smile

3AICS Ranker Summer 2011 Empty Re: AICS Ranker Summer 2011 Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:12 pm

I have sent out notices to those who haven't filled in their Ranker™️ yet. If you know you have sent one in, and did not get a PM, then you have green lights across the board. If you know you have sent one in, and did get a PM as if you didn't, then you sent it to the wrong address (and yes, I do check my spam folder... I have had one appear there). If you did get a PM, then read it... it's pretty important Razz

Thanks for cooperating! The season starts in one week, can you believe it? Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum