The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Commonwealth's national highway system

+2
Fox
kj34
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Commonwealth's national highway system Empty Commonwealth's national highway system Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:29 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

The national highway system of Paradise is complex indeed... I'll give you this map first, and then explain as I go

Commonwealth's national highway system Mapwork2

Let's start with interstates as they are the easiest to explain....

Interstates are nationally funded, high speed, grade separated roads with high speed limits, that connect cities and distant parts of the country. They can be tolled. The numbering system is the same as the US's (east-west routes are even, north-south routes are odd) but the way the numbers are organized are different. The interstates increase in number as you go farther from the capital, with I-1 and I-2 intersecting in the capital. Interstates never share numbers with National Highways, although there is one exception (I-3 and NH 3 on Maliya, you'll see soon). Exits are numbered in order, rather than distance. Interstates can be multiplexed with the through route getting precedence in numbering, though the other route's exit numbers still increase.
That's all for now.

Last edited by kj34 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Commonwealth's national highway system Empty Re: Commonwealth's national highway system Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:22 pm

The detail is great, the New Chandler exits are also numbered in order instead of distance. And your region map (great detail there too) was sweet Smile

Fox

Awesome map. While it's meant to be for the transport, I love the regional development and studying how you've grown your city.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

WOW Really nice map. Smile

http://www.usnw.net

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Nice Work Smile

Daniel

Daniel

Fantastic map; how were you able to view your region from that angle? Surprised

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

everyone else: thanks!
dan: A lot of angle fiddling in inkscape D:

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Today I will explain about the second most important routes in Paradise: National Highways.
National Highways, as you might have guessed by the shield, are similar to US highways. Nat'l hwys are varied in size. They can be anything from small 2 laned rural roads winding through the countryside, or massive 8 freeways cutting through downtown areas. Nat'l hwys connect towns far out the way, and connect them to the interstate system. The national highway system has no rhyme or reason with its numbering, however, it seems the numbers increase in a northeasternly direction.

awesome map!

10Commonwealth's national highway system Empty Re: Commonwealth's national highway system Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I'm curious about that stretch going off into the ocean and then just stopping. It's a 6?

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

11Commonwealth's national highway system Empty Re: Commonwealth's national highway system Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:09 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Oh that... I forgot to pull up the landmass under it. I assure you there's something there Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum