The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

December National Showcase

+3
alerules22
Daniel
Chip
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1December National Showcase Empty December National Showcase Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

It's time to choose the December featured CJ!

Sorry this took a while, I've been extremely busy and I guess no one took the initiative to do this for me. Whoever wins this month won't be barred from gettin it next month because they didn't get this whole month. Please try to pick someone who updates at least semi-regularly, as it would be awkward if a country was featured and there were no updates in its month. It's best to nominate a CJ you think has improved, is improving, is being updated regularly, or has something extra special. You may nominate yourself, if you can commit to updating your journal. Nominate simply by posting the name of the country, no comments are needed. Please don't nominate Shayden they are ineligible this month because they were featured in the last month.

A poll will be started in few days once we has sufficient nominees.

Nominations:

Gamat

Last edited by Chip on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.usnw.net

2December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Daniel

Daniel

I'd like to nominate Gamat as the featured CJ of December Smile

3December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:13 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

I think Gamat would be a great nomination I will have more than 6+ Updates!!! Smile

4December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Quality > Quantity. How many times do I have to say it Razz

How about we just go with Gamat? You've already knocked a week away from his featured status and if we put it to vote we'll lose at least two more days.

5December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Carl

Carl

I would like to Nominate USNW's smallest country, Gamat because of it's joyful Christmas Spirit

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

6December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 am

Fox

Gamat with the recent explosion of activity and world wide role playing about the ash spewing from a volcano would be a get my vote.

Not to mention Ale has posted lots of updates recently too.

7December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Nominations will close at 8:00 GMT -6. If there are no more nominations then Gamat will receive the feature.

8December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:21 am

Fox

Can one of the Admins get on to this please... it's been at least 5 days now since nominations closed.

9December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 am

Fox wrote:Can one of the Admins get on to this please... it's been at least 5 days now since nominations closed.
I apologize on behalf of the administrations who run the featured nation of the month. It appears they were too busy changing smilies to do something this simple.

10December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Umm. No, sorry, I have a life. I haven't been able to get on because this week is exam week. I'm sorry. I haven't touched the smiles in months. You could have done this too, don't throw it off on the rest of us.

11December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:53 am

Fox

Stop the fighting and lets open up the debate on getting another Admin.

New Administrator

I think after the last month or so .. it might be a good idea and might actually get enough votes to be approved.

12December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:32 am

Fox wrote:Stop the fighting and lets open up the debate on getting another Admin.

New Administrator

I think after the last month or so .. it might be a good idea and might actually get enough votes to be approved.
Elections are next month, and I'm not running for ExSec, so you'll get one then Wink

13December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:09 am

Daniel

Daniel

K50 wrote:
Fox wrote:Stop the fighting and lets open up the debate on getting another Admin.

New Administrator

Elections are next month, and I'm not running for ExSec, so you'll get one then Wink
Yeah, since according to the Charter Jon, Chip, and K50 are permanint Admins, but whoever has an executive position is also an admin Smile

14December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:29 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I was planning on running for Executive actually. Razz
And I'll do more than I did as Minister this term.

15December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:12 am

Fox

Sounds like a politicians promise .. the campaigning has begun already!

16December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:44 am

Daniel

Daniel

Heh, looks like the Executive campaigns will be quite busy Razz

17December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:37 am

Carl

Carl

LOL Wow Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

18December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

So do you have to be an exec to be an admin?

19December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Daniel

Daniel

kj34 wrote:So do you have to be an exec to be an admin?

Yes, unless you are a Permanent Admin (Jon, Chip, or K50)

20December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Daniel all admins, theoretically, are permanent admins.

Unless you have a bill passed with 2/3 majority that allows a new administrator (another "permanent administrator") you can't become an administrator unless you are an executive. Once you get your administrator privileges, you hold onto them forever, until you abuse them or unless you are voted out of it in a no-confidence vote.

So say you wanted to put a no-confidence vote up to kick me out of office, and you got the 2/3 majority, I would lose my administrator rights AND my executive title. Chances are that I would be barred from running again as well, but that all depends on what the vote details are. Of course, this can be reinstated with a vote like this.

Does that make sense? A lot of these unanswered questions will be answered in a thread in the elections, by the way.

21December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I apologize again, multiple times already, that these last few weeks have really killed me. With exams, holiday crap, and horrible school work I have been extremely busy. If you look back on my history and my activity as an admin, you can see that this is odd for me and it won't last for long. Bare with me, again, I'm sorry.

22December National Showcase Empty Re: December National Showcase Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:02 am

Daniel

Daniel

K50 wrote:Daniel all admins, theoretically, are permanent admins.

Unless you have a bill passed with 2/3 majority that allows a new administrator (another "permanent administrator") you can't become an administrator unless you are an executive. Once you get your administrator privileges, you hold onto them forever, until you abuse them or unless you are voted out of it in a no-confidence vote.

So say you wanted to put a no-confidence vote up to kick me out of office, and you got the 2/3 majority, I would lose my administrator rights AND my executive title. Chances are that I would be barred from running again as well, but that all depends on what the vote details are. Of course, this can be reinstated with a vote like this.

Does that make sense? A lot of these unanswered questions will be answered in a thread in the elections, by the way.
Oooooohhhhh, now I get it Razz

It's ok Chip, I think we all understand why you're not that active at the moment Wink Good to know it won't be long Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum