The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help design the banner

+6
Jon
ForthWall
Chip
Kurt
Daniel
Fox
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Help design the banner Empty Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:15 am

The administration needs your help designing a banner. Chip likes the font "Star Avenue", which is the modern font that current has the "usnw" and the "celebrating 10,000 posts" in a semi-transparent overlay, and "OptimusPrinceps Semi Bold", the serif font that has the title and "harrison city, shayden" as a caption. I can't stand the Star Avenue font, and Chip doesn't like Optimus Princeps, and we can't make a compromise.

Personally, I like the Star Avenue where it is, but the other font needs to go, because Chip simply doesn't like it....

So, do you guys have any fonts that would look good on the banner? We are looking for readable, professional, and simple fonts. Script fonts calligraphy fonts, (i.e. lucida, lunabar, vivaldi, vladimir) overly glamorous art fonts, and obviously wingdings (i.e. pretty much anything that has a RL country name in it) are something we both want to avoid. We also don't want fonts everybody could recognize anywhere.... probably 95% of those on your computer that came with your computer fall into that category (i.e. arial, bookman, calibri, eurostyle, helvetica, palatino, segoe, tahoma, trebuchet, times, and verdana are good examples of these fonts we don't want).

If you are drawing a blank, check out dafont and find a good one. We need your help on this.

On the converse, if you like the current fonts, then also let us know.

Thanks for your feedback and the banner should be updated once everybody gets a say, I'm hoping to put a poll up. Smile

2Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:27 am

Fox

I like them both. The OptimusPrinceps Semi Bold makes the title stand out and look professional, almost imperial. While the Star Avenue brings out the focus of the subject.

3Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:54 am

Daniel

Daniel

I agree with Fox, both fonts look awesome in their current state Smile

4Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:31 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Yeah I agree. Shayden also looks very nice in the banner Smile

5Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I'm sorry. Optimus princeps does not not need to be the font in the banner, and be the only Serif font on the site. It doesn't look right, nor does it fit with everything else. We go for a modern scheme and the font doesn't look modern. Star Avenue is the official "modern" font for the union, while Garamond is the official "classic" font for the union. I'm not sure why K50 came here with this, this is something for the site administration to decide but very well. Look at it, does it really match? No.

http://www.usnw.net

6Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 am

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

I kind of agree with chip, the font looks kind of eh. and not very aligned with the rest of the union

7Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

How about we go font scouting! We don't have to use either of these fonts. Star avenue is extremely limited, and Optimus Princeps is just kinda ugly and overdone, so maybe we should find a new font. I have some I would like to propose and will probably do later once I have set up a way to demonstrate them.

8Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I like Jon's idea.

9Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Jon

Jon

Then we shall begin! The below selection is what I picked going in reverse alphabetical order in my own font collection until I ran out of space. Please comment on the options and submit other possible options if you have any in mind. Please note the two fonts we already have discussed are included as 1 and 2 for comparison.

Help design the banner Fontpallete

10Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I like 7, 13, and 16.

11Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:10 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I like 1, 7, and 13.

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

12Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

I like 1, 13 and 16

13Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Fox

I like number 2 .. still looks quite majestic to me. Also like 7 as it's quite modern and perhaps number 12 if it wasn't so bold.

14Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm liking 13 myself.

7, 9, 10, and 16 aren't going up there though; they are clearly recognizable, all computers have them now.

15Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Carl

Carl

1, 7, 13 Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

16Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I like 2,7, and 13.

17Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:43 am

Daniel

Daniel

1, 2, 8 Smile

18Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:54 am

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

I like 1,5, and 16

19Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:47 am

Jon

Jon

As you can see we gave 13 a test run, it was the most popular choice thus far. What do you think?

20Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:51 am

Thanksgiving isn't for another week and it's only in the USA.... but I couldn't thank you enough for completely stealing my job without telling me for the fourth time in a row Smile [/sarcasm]

21Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:10 am

Daniel

Daniel

@K50: The banner can celebrate nation-specific holidays... looking forward to when it celebrates Russian Christmas on the 7th of January Razz

22Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:30 am

Fox

Russian Christmas ..lol

23Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:07 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

9, 13 or16 look best to me.

24Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Jon

Jon

K50: You change it all the time without talking to us, and who said it's your job? The best way to get things done right around here is communicating with us, so we're all on the same page. Anyway, we're just trying out the font.

25Help design the banner Empty Re: Help design the banner Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Anyways, 13 looks cool on the banner Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum