The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bezigue Region Showcase

+2
Carl
Chris
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bezigue Region Showcase Empty Bezigue Region Showcase Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:38 am

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

This is going to be a showcase of the Bezigue region, located on the mainland coast, around the mouth of the Bezigue River, including the major port city of Port Royale and the downriver metropolis of New Fontaine.

Update 1: Mountainwood
We start off with the city of Mountainwood. Mountainwood is located at a strategic pass in the Zebulon Mountains, Barrow’s Pass, the only way to move between the lowlands and the mountain region for miles. It is a mostly rural town, as is much of the mountain region.

This is the “downtown” of Mountainwood, and because it’s a rural town, the CBD is small. Much of the business comes from highway travellers, seeing as much traffic flows through Barrow’s Pass, and many travellers stop here for snacks or lodging. You can also that the CBD is on the edge of development, bordering farmland. The train station here is from when the settlement was first founded, and is a local landmark. You can also see baseball and soccer fields here for kids and adults alike to blow off steam and enjoy some fun.
Bezigue Region Showcase Mountainwood-mar._2__051384045044

Many of the homes in the residential area are from the early days of the settlements, and as such the streets are very unorganized. Back in the day, pioneers would just build their houses wherever they wanted, although many were bought and torn down during the construction of HWY-6.
Bezigue Region Showcase Mountainwood-mar._2__051384045034

Here’s an overview of the residential area, bordering the Zebulon Mountains. You can also see the on/off ramps for HWY-6, just a low-capacity diamond; it is after all just a small little farm town, although the traffic from Barrow’s Pass makes it larger than normal.
Bezigue Region Showcase Mountainwood-mar._2__051384045060

This wind complex provides power to much of the area. It’s part of a nationwide initiative to “Go Green!” and help save the environment. At the moment it’s more popular in the rural areas of Mitron, where it’s easier to build and there’s less of a need for power.
Bezigue Region Showcase Mountainwood-mar._2__051384045077

Here is the intersection between HWY-5 (E/W in the photo; N/S in reality), and HWY-6 (N/S in the photo; E/W in reality). It gets a fair amount of traffic of road trippers and sightseers, and during the harvest season it gets a lot of traffic from farmers bringing their crops to the more populated areas outside the mountains.
Bezigue Region Showcase Mountainwood-mar._2__051384045007

This is the rail junction between the mountain lines and the outer lines. The set of lines going to the top left corner (north in reality) is a mixed traffic line that goes along the mountains northward, while the two sets of lines heading to the top right corner (east in reality) are more segregated. The topmost set of lines is freight only, meandering alongside HWY-6. The bottommost line is mostly passenger rail, although at times it can carry some freight on it too. Because of the high level of traffic, and the steep slope just below this junction, rail often moves slow here, although a flurry of signalmen and engineers help to keep it running like clockwork most of the time, as long as the trains come through at their allotted times.
Bezigue Region Showcase Mountainwood-mar._2__051384045138

Here we see some of the many farms that inhabit not only Mountainwood, but the surrounding areas too.
Bezigue Region Showcase Mountainwood-mar._2__051384045110

And finally, to end this update, I show you an overview of the city. Feedback is loved and accepted, and thank you for being patient until I finally got a real update on here.
Bezigue Region Showcase Mountainwood-mar._2__051384044992

P.S. I just noticed the grid was on, but to tell you the truth, my computer crashed when I was over halfway done with this, I've been stressed out today over the USong bid, and I'm just tired and lazy right now. xD

2Bezigue Region Showcase Empty Re: Bezigue Region Showcase Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:46 am

Carl

Carl

Vast improvement over this one, I love it Very Happy

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

3Bezigue Region Showcase Empty Re: Bezigue Region Showcase Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:50 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I agree, quite vast improvements. That's quite a neat display of the RHW and the residential developments are nothing short of artistic. I also see you downloaded the SPAM, great choice as I use it too. And don't beat yourself up, I always forget to turn the grid off myself, it's very helpful to have on when you're building.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

4Bezigue Region Showcase Empty Re: Bezigue Region Showcase Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:57 am

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

I really like that last picture, but that grid D:

5Bezigue Region Showcase Empty Re: Bezigue Region Showcase Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:25 am

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)
Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

Dat Is very very good, that really is an improvement.

6Bezigue Region Showcase Empty Re: Bezigue Region Showcase Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I love that interchange. Razz Good work, Chris!

That grid. :S

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum