The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

War in the East

+6
Kurt
Chris
alerules22
Jack
Scotch Moen
Carl
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:06 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Peilan would not have been the leading power at the time, the PRP was larger than the Peilanese Republic and culturally and societally the people of the People's Republic of Peilan would not enjoy their governments working together with the Sanese.

http://www.usnw.net

52War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Well, who else would Okaiken be allied with? Trent & Brullen would be more occupied with their western front to give much support, and I still doubt Okaiken, even when highly militarized, could hold it's own, that far from home, against the combined might of Shayden, Mitron, Folland, Kuyrut, and other countries in Euphemia.

53War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

There's a gigantic ocean between Okaiken and Euphemia, and the Sanese are quite experienced at sea faring. The "combined might" of Euphemia would have to shove itself into fleets that would run into seasoned, difficult resistance from the Sanese Navy. So I'm sure Okaiken could hold it's own...for a while. Razz

It works kinda like Earth. (ugh this is a double edged sword but using Earth as a comparison helps) Okaiken would rely on Trentannia to occupy the "western" powers, so Okaiken could carve itself a pretty decent empire in the South East unimpeded.

@Carl: No nukes? Is that preferred or joking?

@Chris: I honestly don't believe there could be a mainland Euphemian campaign. By what I remember of the old history, Trentannia made a bold invasion of East Euphemia, attacking Acadia and Shayden's coasts, but steadily lost which gave way to Euphemia's retaliatory invasion of West Althena. Barely anything at all happened on Euphemia's west coast besides Okaiken's occupation of the Kuykan islands.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

54War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 am

Carl

Carl

That is preferred and was concluded about.

I agree with the impossibility of the mainland euphemian campaign. we're not superheroes and we don't have sky bison Laughing

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

55War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

That is preferred and was concluded about.

...did i miss a post.  Skeptical

And I just found this on page 1. Just had to...

Theatre is how it's used in the military and military history.
It's not American enough for me.

Is the United States Military not American enough for yah, Jackie? Razz

56War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Why would Okaiken decide to expand so far across the ocean into a Euphemia that can cause much more issues than surrounding, weaker countries in Eastern Althena?

57War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:18 pm

Carl

Carl

Because, we wanted complete control over the Cilician Ocean, simple as that.

58War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

But, I mean, why not sign a free trade treaty, or just send out fleets? Why invade? I mean, the Cilician is big.

59War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Because Nationalism and Imperialism. Wink

60War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

They're not "Invading" anyone on Euphemia. The Kuykan islands officially do belong to Kuyrut, but they're so far out that it's not nearly close to the mainland, plus they're strategically placed to where if Okaiken occupied the island chain they'd control some major shipping lanes. But carl started Okaiken did not have the intent to use any ground resources against the mainland.

61War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:40 am

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I don't understand why he would want to occupy it if he's not invading the mainland. Sure, he can control shipping lanes, but theoretically, if they're navy is as strong as you all say it is, Okaiken could control just fine without occupying a square inch of Euphemian soil. It just doesn't make sense to me. Like I said, add islands, and perhaps after some victories they get bold and invade Euphemia. But once they're close; not just out the blue. I disagree with you guys on this.

62War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:21 am

Carl

Carl

There is just not enough resources to invade Euphemia altogether. The Cilician is almost 1 and a half times as big as the Pacific and would really not work for such an expanse. Just like Japan not reaching the North American soil (although it did get to the Aleutian Islands), it is simply not quite possible for a nation that has half the resources, and an ocean that is almost 1.5 times bigger. Invading the Kuykans is almost possible, but reaching as far inland as even the Kuyrut mainland is incredibly impossible.

63War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:59 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

When I say invade, I mean the Kuykans. They have no strategical, tactical, or even economical as a advantages. There is absolutely no reason for them to occupy it and risk this far off war when relations between many countries on Adonia are already extremely tense.

64War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Carl

Carl

Oh yes there are advantages to that. Single handedly closing the Kuykans will block off Mitron and Folland's trade with other nations and will affect the circuit of goods in Euphemia. Okaiken also supported the Trentannian claims to Brennsland, which is still occupied by them back then It does make sense since Kuyrut wanted to occupy these territories, and that we were supporting our ally to stop the occupation, hence the inasion of the westward Kuykans. Another strategy is to hopefully establish an air raid network that could easily affect industries in Euphemia. It's simple logic that human geography can solve.

So yes there is a political advantage (Trentannian support on Kuykans)
So yes there is an economical advantage (blockade of 2 Euphemian Nations)
So yes there is a tactical advantage (closer attacks to Euphemian Cities)

65War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Yes, but if you weren't going to invade Euphemia, why would you need to bomb them? And, Mitron could just use our other trade routes that head south. And don't look now but we're pretty... Self sufficientttt. Razz

66War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

We could have two fronts in Euphemia. Even three if Oxac or a Itzamnan nation is with the Imperials. A front in the east, facing Imperial navies and air forces. A front in the west, facing Okaiken+allies (who happens to attack since Euphemia's busy with that front in the east too).

67War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Juls is giving me good reasons. If this is an opportunist move after the east is attacked, then that's fine. But just out of the blue doesn't make sense.

68War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Carl

Carl

I'm not saying I'm not invading Euphemia, There are intentions to occupy parts of it to support the Trentannian claims and hopefully attack Shayden. I don't think we would go as far East as possible, that's why I'm telling that mainland Euphemia would not be attacked. But of course there will be hefty naval battles across the Cilician (I'm drawing a map to show people how this will be done).

I think you forgot how chilly Winter is. Going south, especially at the Anacti, will freeze you to death (I'm not kidding when I say that). Mitron will not be self-sufficient in the winter because of fairly obvious reasons like snow and the lack of sunshine.

Japan invaded "out of the blue" (that's straight from a Japanese History Book, courtesy of the University Library, I have resources you know, not from personal opinion), but that's because of trade embargoes by the United States. I think a similar thing could be done between Shayden and Okaiken, considering that Shayden has trade power and had monopoly of the Cilician trade.

From the University library.

69War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

But, Japan was expanding across the islands, and had tense relations with the u.s., etc. Okaiken just has a giant ocean lol. But I mean, we produce a lot of food and don't have a giant population. Plus we could use railroads, and there's always bold blockade runners.

70War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I'd like to see those "bold blockade runners" attempt to run through Imperial Warships. Razz

I'm kinda surprised you're being so fierce with your opposition here Chris. A Land Invasion is not necessary at all in times of War. Like Carl said, it's quite improbably that Okaiken has the resources to mount an Invasion of a far off Continent, however the Kuykans spread way out into the sea toward Okaiken, and the islands form a straight line across. Like he said, this is perfect for creating a physical blockade of Shipping which disrupts commerce. Build listening posts on the islands then Okaiken has an early warning detection system that can spot enemy fleet movements, AND he can build airbases to act as staging areas for bombing raids against Industrial areas on the mainland. It's very quite sound. Sending troops and resources onto Euphemia itself would be a Logistical nightmare while instead, Okaiken can sit back comfortable a ways out to sea on the Kuykan Islands, and launch air raids instead to hurt us just the same.

And if you didn't know, during WW2, the very idea of Japan performing a Land Invasion of the west coast was far fetched as well, however Boeing back in the day created this giant elaborate canopy designed to look like a small neighborhood to cover the top of their airplane manufacturing plant in Washington state, so in the case of a Japanese Air raid, their pilots would see houses, not factories. Bombing attacks are easy and preferred compared to sending troops.

Oh my god my novel of a post..

71War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

But Mike, if they bomb us and blockade us, they're going to get a war. And do they really want a war against essentially all of Euphemia? I mean, sure not every country is a superpower, but Okaiken's ticking off a lot of countries with their bombs and their warships and all. And those countries will retaliate if threatened like that. And the only way to take out the airbases and listening posts is via ground attack, and that could lead to a far western Euphemian front. Razz

And since we're telling cool stories about Japan & the US in WWII, there were actually a few times when Japanese subs were within viewing distance of the U.S. coast.

72War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I DID say that there was a Kuykan Islands Campaign Chris. Razz It's expected that Shayden+friends would sends the "Marines" to retake the islands in an island hoppingish manner. But a mainland conflict is out of the question. But also remember, Shayden and Acadia are focusing on Trentannia to the east, which is a much bigger threat at the moment in time. Okaiken's just taking advantage of the distraction, yet in the end they still lose but at the start they don't know that.

However one can argue that Okaiken's actions aren't "out of the blue". Okaiken's Imperialist actions in Southeast Althena would not go unnoticed, and occupying the Kuykans would not unleash the full strength of our militaries immediately. The only capable power is Shayden, and even they were spending resources against Trentannia, so the retaliation would be a bit slow as resourced would have to be consolidated before counterattacking the islands, and by that kind Okaiken would have set up defenses on the islands it occupied with it's strong Navy patrolling the waters around.

73War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:55 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I mean "out of the blue" as in, suddenly deciding to stop conquering the weak countries around you to conquer an uninhabited stretch of land thousands of miles away. Razz

Mitron itself could've mobilized probably somewhere around 1.5-2 million men around that time, but nothing major like the 17-18 million of Nazi Germany during WWII. But if you think about it, Mitron+Folland+Kuyrut isn't something to sneeze at, is it? I mean, Folland itself has massive natural resources to mobilize.

74War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:39 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

It would take quite a while to put into motion the mining and refining of all those resources to a war-time production level, and even then Folland isn't suited for manufacturing armaments like that, so instead we'd support Shayden. Okaiken wouldn't focus on just one thing anyway. The Sanese would have different groups operating. Just because islands aren't inhabited doesn't make them any less strategically important. The Japanese did in fact land troops on the Aleutians near Alaska y'know.

75War in the East - Page 3 Empty Re: War in the East Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 am

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Everyone knows about the Aleutians. Razz

Are we talking different army groups in the Kuykan Islands or in a mainland invasiom?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum