The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our Future

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our Future Empty Our Future Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:36 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

I am beginning to become extremely concerned about the level of activity in our union. If no one is even willing to discuss the constitution that will govern the future of the USNW why are we even here folks? I think we need to have a serious discussion about the future of our union. If we don't do something we aren't going to make it.

I don't mean to call out anyone for inactivity, I know I haven't been as active as I should, and I understand some of you are busy, but everyone should be able to chime in every once and a while. We have to work together if we want to do this, if just a few people are active then nothing happens, and why would anyone want to join a union where nothing happens?

I'm calling for a meeting jointly on skype and the forums this weekend (preferably Saturday) about the future of our union, and to discuss a few things that have been unresolved for way too long.

If there is a time this weekend that is convenient or inconvenient to you, please make it known.

To Cabinet Members: Please get on skype, we need to discuss this before it happens.

2Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Jon

Jon

This is linked as the homepage because it is so important and there have been issues with meeting attendance. Please read this tell us times that could work for you this weekend before advancing to the rest of the site. I'm sorry we have to do this.

Go to Portal
Go to Forums

3Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:37 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

We've discussed it, and we're thinking about Saturday, does that work for everyone? We understand this is Easter weekend and some of you may be out doing things but this is important.

Chip

http://www.usnw.net

4Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:17 am

I'm not sure. I don't know what I am doing this weekend. If I am doing things with my family/friends, well sorry. I prefer to put my social life ahead of pretend time.

5Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:20 am

Daniel

Daniel

Once I'm in this union, (I'll be able to apply again around the 1st,) I will do my utmost to be as active as possible here, so, at least you know who will be one of the most active members on this site Smile

6Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:56 am

ooh boy Saturday is pushing it..... :oops:

I think this is caused from a few things however. One, city journals aren't updated very often. From the day of our inception, we have had 5 members not post a new city journal update in their CJ, and 3 who don't have anything in their forums. As far as observers go, it's pretty quiet over there as well (with a few exceptions). While I am a little slow on updates, as well as others, anybody who has made an update knows how much work is needed. These are golden opportunities to make a post. In my opinion, we don't have any sub-par journals...

Second, our summit sort of went on hiatus... I understand, Chip, that you are busy, but this needs to be continued ASAP.

Third, about 30% of ALL POSTS on this forum come from forum games. Those are some sad numbers to see. Yes, they are fun to play, but we are a union site, not a gameroom.

Finally, I have some extremely bad news. I can't get on Skype (yes, I know) today; my computer is in the shop. And regarding Saturday, I am in marsh's boat, my real life is going to come first every time. And usually I like my Saturdays as my social days Razz but I might be able to squeeze in a bit of time.

Chip and Jon: I'll talk to you all tomorrow night.

People PLEASE update your city journals, especially if you are one of the people who haven't done so yet. I'm updating mine this weekend or Monday, and you all should update yours too. We've worked pretty hard to get to where we are, and I don't, nor does anybody else, want to see all of the work go up in flames.

7Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:54 am

Well I can't take the time to update my CJ every time, because you know that I make BAT's for instance. So CJ's are coming in the 2nd rank.

And I can't be present at skype, because it's about 3:00 AM in the morning I think

8Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Jon

Jon

Marsh: Thant's fine, and I understand.

We didn't mean for this to come up at this time but we need to do something eventually.

Ernst: We understand this as well. We aren't asking for an update every week, or even every month. All we want is just a reminder that everyone is alive. It doesn't even need to be an actual cj update, for instance you could share some city developments or an update about the status of a bat. I also understand there is a major time zone issue, especially when you are the only European here, so we don't really expect you to be on skype.

If this Saturday is pushing it, can we talk about what time may be a good time to have meetings and such? The last two times we have attempted to hold a meeting there hasn't been enough people present to go ahead with the meeting.

I don't mean to be so prodding about this, but I'm really concerned.

9Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

K50: Thanks for pointing out the hiatus, which I said I was going to take... anyway, I can't really have a summit when 2 or 3 members are the only ones that discuss things, and it's sad that the most active member of the summit is not even a member of the union. I'm currently finishing writing out the constitution and I will post it in it's entirety and everyone can vote to ratify it, because the discussions and voting take too much time.

As for everyone else, like Jon, I am deeply concerned, and I don't mean to point anyone out, but those members that have not posted city journal updates, haven't taken part in the summit or even normal forum activity, and yes, I know this time is busy for everyone, especially me, and I've been having personal issues I've been having to deal with, as well as my social life which is growing more each day, but everyone has 30 minutes to get on and post a few comments. We can understand not getting on Skype and having hour long conversations, but just stopping by every once in a while is nice, and Ernst, you're completely excused from Skype because of your location, but like Jon said, you could post updates on your BATS and stuff, we just want to know everyone is still alive. I will be trying to be more active myself, but I have been really busy lately.

About Saturday, that was just a proposal, and I don't think I'll be able to make it anyway, I'm probably going out. Will Thursday or Friday night at 7 central work for anyone?

10Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Sorry for my absence, I have had computer issues as well as other things. I plan to try and update my CJ soon.

11Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:41 am

The AIN has also had a slow month or two, and I think in general the SimCity community does become much quieter after February, up until the end of the American school year. This time of year, alongside September, is probably the quietest month.

12Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

This is awful, is anyone going to even comment on what we plan to do? We don't have a time to talk about this nor does anyone seem to care, and if no one becomes more active, there's no point in having this union, we don't do anything but sit around. Since no one else seems to care, I'm setting the date for the meeting to be Thursday the 28th at 7:00 Central. If anyone cares to show up, thanks.

-Chip-

13Our Future Empty Re: Our Future Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Sorry Chip, there isn't any way I can make that. No

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum