The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wiki Article and Picture of the Month | April 2011

4 posters

What should the April featured article be on the Wiki?

Wiki Article and Picture of the Month | April 2011 Pollle1025%Wiki Article and Picture of the Month | April 2011 Pollri10 25% [ 2 ]
Wiki Article and Picture of the Month | April 2011 Pollle1050%Wiki Article and Picture of the Month | April 2011 Pollri10 50% [ 4 ]
Wiki Article and Picture of the Month | April 2011 Pollle1025%Wiki Article and Picture of the Month | April 2011 Pollri10 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wiki Article and Picture of the Month | April 2011 125px-USNW_Logo
Wiki Featured Article and Picture - April 2011

It's time to nominate articles and pictures of the month for April! Now, this thread is a bit postmature, so the time you will have as featured article will be a bit shorter than usual, but still, it's a great opportunity to show off a picture or a good writing you have made.

To nominate an article, simply list the article you want to nominate below. To nominate an article, put the name of the picture you want to nominate below. YOU MAY nominate your own article, but YOU MAY NOT nominate your own picture, however, if someone nominates an article or picture you have written, you can vote for it in the poll, whether you nominated it or not. Voting will be opened once there are a "decent" number of articles (three is a good number). It will close in five days, or when there is a pretty clear-cut consensus. If you need help with articles to nominate, click the "Random page" button below the WIKIA logo to get a randomly selected article.

To nominate or vote for an article, you MUST be either an AIN Observer Member, Ambassadorial Member, or Full Member.

I nominate Rockaway for the article and Karpathos Skyline as the image.

Last edited by K50 Dude on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

Bruce

Bruce

I nominate Kalama R.F.C.Flag of Insulo for the article and Karpathos Skyline as the image.

(Don't you mean April?)

Last edited by Bruce on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://plus.google.com/111420842954473821448/

Sorry about that Bruce Razz

Also in the future make sure your articles are on the USNW wiki, not a personal one. Although I see you have withdrawn that nomination anyway so no worries Razz

I nominate Thomas' image of Celeste as the image.

For the wiki article... I don't know. Probably Marsh. Smile

There isn't an article named "marsh" Razz Do you mean Gansbaai? (That is the only article marsh has made on the wiki)

My wiki article is crap.

The nomination stage will close tomorrow so voting can begin.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I want to nominate "New Chandler" and I dunno what to do for the picture Razz

http://www.usnw.net

Poll is up! Please say when you have voted. We will start with the article and then move onto the picture once we get a consensus on the article poll.

Poll is set to close on its own in three days. Voted.

Daniel

Daniel

Voted.

Bruce

Bruce

Voted.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

vooted

Voted.

If you want your image nominations in the poll, you need to hurry! Once that poll above closes, then the picture one goes up, and at the moment we only have one picture nomination (pictures have to be UPLOADED TO THE USNW WIKI. So the Celeste image won't work, sorry Blakeway.

Why do the images have to be uploaded to the wiki? scratch

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Because it's a wiki featured image Razz not ... featured image Razz

If they aren't uploaded to the wiki, you can't use them because the wiki only allows pictures from the wiki itself. That's just the way the coding works.

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Voted.

Bruce

Bruce

K50 Dude wrote:If they aren't uploaded to the wiki, you can't use them because the wiki only allows pictures from the wiki itself. That's just the way the coding works.

Actually, there is a way to display off-wiki images on a wiki...just insert the URL with out any add-ons (no brackets or tags) and it will display.

Bruce wrote:
K50 Dude wrote:If they aren't uploaded to the wiki, you can't use them because the wiki only allows pictures from the wiki itself. That's just the way the coding works.

Actually, there is a way to display off-wiki images on a wiki...just insert the URL with out any add-ons (no brackets or tags) and it will display.
We aren't going to do that. I would like to see an increase in activity in the wiki, and that means using wiki pictures Smile Plus if we used CJ pictures Marsh would have them all Razz

Jon

Jon

K50 Dude wrote:
Bruce wrote:

We aren't going to do that. I would like to see an increase in activity in the wiki, and that means using wiki pictures Smile Plus if we used CJ pictures Marsh would have them all Razz

Well thinking that way couldn't someone just upload all their cj pics to the wiki? Razz

Pretty much Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum