The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry

+3
residentsim
Kurt
YingBlanc
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Welcome to the Taichung Province City Journal where we will show off the capital of our country, Taichung. We will begin with the Capital itself, Taichung City. Enjoy

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Policical_section
This is the man-made island (as in surrounded by a canal) which contains the largest parts of the government, the actual Government of Nilia and Albian building in the centre, to the left is Taichung City and Province Hall and to the right is a Convention Hall. In front all off of them is a rather new edition to the island, A statue that represents Unity and Peace, with the statues of a brother and sister, seemingly running to the head of all the Peace and Unity, the government. That part of the statues meaning being based off a true story of a brother and sister whose parents were killed by the infamous Macunsa Cartel. They then proceeded to travel by any means from their small home city to the capital here where they're only remaining relative lives and still lives with them.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Walled_city_1
Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Walled_city_2
Here we have the famous walled city of Taichung, the oldest part of the city itself. There is actually 2 parts to the walled city, the outside traditional Sanese houses. Most transformed from the old Ghuangji housing style, and inside the Temple compound there are older examples of Ghuangji housing, much much earlier than the Sanese houses outside of it. Outside of cities, this is the only example of this era in Ghuangji housing. The small vineyard behind the Temple is still actually churning out White wine and every year they reach a spectacular price for it's rarity.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Commertial_sector
This here is the smallest sample of out Commercial districts. Nothing out of the ordinary about these shopping areas apart from the small Shopping Centre to the south of this picture But don't let a lack of shipping centres get to you, the shops on the streets are in very large numbers, and at night, venders often try to sell their produce on the streets to tourists, the atmosphere at that time is very nice which calls for packed streets of tourists.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Teaser
And here is a teaser for next update. Hope you've enjoyed looking at the city and we hope to see you again.

Last edited by Gidae and Gaebal on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:27 pm; edited 5 times in total

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Looks excellent! Smile

residentsim

residentsim

Where did you get those buildings in the walled area? They look really nice! Great Update.

Carl

Carl

Very nice and very lively!

@residentsim- the blue roofed houses (machiya) or the colourful ones? D:

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

residentsim

residentsim

Ah the blue roofed ones, Carl.

Nice work Smile The castle looks sweet!

Daniel

Daniel

Awesome, I especially love that walled city area (that's one of my favorite things to see in SC4). Very Happy

Carl

Carl

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

thanks for searching for that for me Carl xDxD now for Update 2 and the now finished Plate 1 for Taichung Province, holding most of Taichung itself.

We start off with the very edge of the CBD with a couple of towers called "The Pinnacle" The mall behind it is the fanciest mall in Taichung, mainly serving to the richest of the rich (like Fortnam and Mason in London).

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry The_pinnacles

Then we have 2 other towers and one of the tallest towers in Taichung next to that.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry More_cbd

We then have right in the middle a rare site in Nilian cities, an art deco building still up, this one is residential and has a mall and cinema complex at the base. it is called the "Fujina Building"

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Fujina_building

All of this borders the official city park (name coming later xD) which holds tennis courts, a lake, a vistor centre, a small football ground (still large enough to have an official team play but lack of seating is the main problem.) and a botanical greenhouse. it also has a road running through it which is being tipped to be part of the official Nilia F1 coarse when they sign up their track next season. Albian having a seperate track and team.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Central_park

This here is a close-up of a rather interesting set of buildings, at the very back is a 4-star hotel called "Emperor Hotel" but the most interesting thing is it's classical look. In front of that is a currently abandoned building but inside, there is much work to change the building into an Indoor Arena for the Adonian Olympic Games.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Emperor_hotel

Another rare site is the presence of Post-GAW Trentannian Architecture from the Trentannians who fled from the horror of war, this or originally a college but not has been turned into a Great Adonian War Museum behind it is the other example, one of the only churches in Taichung city centre.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Gaw_museum_and_church

Over here is another Adonian Olympic Venue and the main arena of Taichung, owned by Lily Airlines, the Lily Airlines Arena holds concerts and indoor ball games and many other games. In front of it is the main station for Taichung as of right now.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Lily_air_arena_and_main_station

and last but not least is the small slither of land across the river in this plate which will hold mostly housing but will have a few commertial areas and hopefully industrial areas as well.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Residential_area

And finally a link to a very very large Collarge. Click to see it please
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/YingBlanc/SC4Screenshots/NiliaAndAlbian/TaichungCityJournal/Update2/colladge.png

Next update I will show you one of the 2 airports in Taichung City and one of the small satellite cities of Taichung City.

You should zone a little bit more Razz

But it isn't too shabby, nice work Smile

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Great Work!

Daniel

Daniel

Looks awesome so far, loved the organic feel of the park Smile

Carl

Carl

Nice

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Thanks all, you shall be rewarded with an update.

Today we will look at some of the outside of the town including the main airport, Akane Yasu Airport. We will also look at some attractions and small small village in the metro area.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Airport_main_section
First though is the Akane Yasu Airport which is 2nd busiest in Nilia and Albian, it has basically 3 terminals and a cargo port for planes separate from all the terminals. The buildings you see from left to right is Murcure Hotel, the base of Lotus Airlines that have a hub here, and the red buildings are yet more hotels. Below the picture is 1 of 2 stations at the airport which ferries you straight into town.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Akane_racetrack
Across the way is Akane Racetrack which holds the Superbiking Series and also has track days for cars and is planning to host at least some form of car race next year. The track has 3 different routes and all on the concrete section behind the garages. The garage area in the middle being also a small broadcast centre.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Hirichatmo_station
Next we travel to the small village of Hirichatmo to the north of Taichung, by train of coarse so you can see the small yet great looking Hirichatmo station. Serving the city on 4 separate platforms.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Hirichatmo_town_clinic
We go up from the station and we reach one of 2 destinations, either Hirichatmo Clinic which basically caters for all villages to the north not only Hirichatmo, it also caters for a medical college before university.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Hirichatmo_communist_blocks
It could also lead you to a small section of Nilia's history in a few communist blocks still standing, not much of a rare sight but unusual to see in Nilia.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Map_so_far
and finally uncensored we can show you the province we will be showing you all. You can see the mass amount of ground still to cover and it won't be quick. We thank you again for looking at this and next update we maaaay have something special to show, depends Wink Good luck to our brothers across the lake, Okaiken and also to the other competitors, I'm sure either way Nilia and Albian will have a swell first time there. See you next time!!

Carl

Carl

Wooo Nice!

Daniel

Daniel

Looks pretty neat. #5 kind of reminds me of the apartment in which I am currently living. Razz

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Thanks you 2 ^_^. Here's the next update.

Today We will well..I don't know what this will come under so, a picture paints 1000 words so here's 4000 words.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Railway_junction

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Airport_junction

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Overview

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Field_collarge
A bit of comment on the last, this is the first time I tired to name streets and also for the best quality see the full sized picture.

I see a few problems with your RHW. Your MIS ramps are changing direction in places where they shouldn't. Also you have room to fit a full-length ramp in there, because that wall you've built is going to be a big lawsuit against you Razz

Also, are you using filler pieces? That's really odd where it jumps from RHW-8 to -6....

On a positive note (I know I just buried you there, sorry) your region view looks wonderful Smile

Daniel

Daniel

Pretty neat; my favorite is the panorama at the end. Basketball

Carl

Carl

LOL K50, but yeah RHW pieces Razz look at SC4D's RHW guides

On a good note, nice, I like it Razz

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

please don't draw attention to the RHW Junction, you're only making me feel worse, I know it's crap and it's only my 2nd time, I've asked help from you Carl before, and forth ;-;

Carl

Carl

awww Crying that might be a little bit of misunderstanding xD

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

it's okays, I think I've improved from that, and improved the junction itself....I think...Anyways here's the next update.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Regional_view
Here is the Regional view of the part of Taichung Province I am working on, as you can see from before there has been a lot of work...

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Kytona_airport
Starting with a new addition to it, the 2nd airport of the area Kytona Airport. In the top corner you can see actual Kytona Village, shown later, but the main focus is the crowded terminal of Kytona Airport which is planning to add a 2nd terminal and runway some time.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Kytona_village
Here is Kytona Village, very small but it's only a farming village for the fields around the airport, because of this village at 11pm to 4am, there are no flights out of Kytona because of noise pollution from it, planes still come in though.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Cricket_grounds
Across from the Kytona Airport Tile on the far end, is a continuation of Taichung into the suburbs and residential areas of Taichung. To start I show you the Cricket grounds we have, it isn't the Pearl Arena but it is a major stadium in the cricket league.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Railyard
As you seen we have a large rail network, with Taichung as a major, major hub and with a hub comes a railyard for trains not in service. It's empty right now but it should be full soon-ish.

Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Industry_1
Taichung Province City Journal: Update 5: Industry, Industry, Industry Industry_2
And with the railyard comes the start to the industrial section, mostly fuel storage, the main industrial area will be somewhere else but this is a small part of the industrial part of Taichung. Hope you enjoyed it.

Jesus how hard it was, crashing every 10 mins or something unless I take it reaaaaal slow. I'm a fast computer user though so =/

You've done a heck of a job for a computer that crashes every ten minutes, great job Smile I know how hard that can be.

Carl

Carl

Wow, good job

I also have a very slow computer but take it easy too Razz After all, patience is the key Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum