The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

CP Updates

+3
Qorten
Carl
ggamgus
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CP Updates Empty CP Updates Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:39 pm

ggamgus

I'm putting a new place for topics because the window froze and shut down twice when I tried to post a new comment, so I hope this'll help.

Anyways, here are the new statistics.

CP Updates Cparmy

2CP Updates Empty 5 SSC pics + 1 PB pic Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:50 pm

ggamgus

So, later today, if you like to hang out on Simtropolis, you should see this in the CJ section. This'll be the 134th entry of Non-Professional SimCity CJ on Simtropolis.

For those on USNW, however, this is numero uno! The entry will be about Spaniard St. Cardinalsburg, the judicial capital and the second largest city in the Cardinalsburgate Principality with 8.8 million inhabitants.

CP Updates Ssc1

This is the Spaniard St. Cardinalsburg CBD, home to many high-rises, and a 1000-ft. hotel building completed only three years ago. Spaniard St. Cardinalsburg is the largest city in the Principality to not have a city-wide rapid transit system. Everyone, even the City Council knows, putting a four-stop monorail system that covers only a percentage of a megacity is absolutely not enough. Maybe that's why they try to change the subject quickly when they're asked about public transit...

-Sir, can you tell us why that plan to expand the city's rapid transit system has been rejected?

-You think that it's for the good of the city that I run for city council again? Sure! Anything that my citizens want me to...

-No, sir, I asked about the rapid transit.

-Oh, I'm... uh... late to a meeting! Yeah... I gotta go.

CP Updates Ssc2

This is still the CBD, but a bit further west. Instead of having pencil-like, tall-n-small buildings like Premier-Bayburg, here, high-rises tend to be shorter and with significantly higher office space. In fact, the tallest building in the city is a residential tower outside the CBD.

CP Updates Ssc3

-Do you like waffles?

-Yeah, we like waffles!

-Do you like hotels?

-Yeah, we like hotels!

The Riverside Hotel was built about a decade ago to provide an "inexpensive" place for tourists and visiting businessmen to stay in Spaniard St. Cardinalsburg, and to have a great view of the residential areas south of the river.

CP Updates Ssc4

In the eastern end of the CBD is a massive public parking garage for people working here, surrounded by religious buildings and statues. There are two statues of Buddha, a Buddhist fountain, a small synagogue, and the Great Suleiman Mosque. The city is extremely dense, which means almost any kind of building can be next to any kind of building. A laser tattoo-removal clinic in West City recently opened up right next to a tattoo shop. Good news is, if you don't like the tattoo, you won't have to travel far.

CP Updates Ssc5

The city previously had four power plants that provided power to all of the city and could provide power to four million residents. After a nation-wide rapid growth began, the power plants were pushed to their limits. Realizing the danger of a permanent power shortage, the City Council immediately approved the proposal of a major, microwave-powered plant in the eastern part of the city. Despite the enormous costs, the City Council approved the proposal and pushed the beginning of the construction to day after the approval.

The plant was completed two weeks before the release of the new census, which showed 4,044,876 people, meaning the shortage would have taken place had the council not rushed to build it.

CP Updates Pb1

Here is a sunken section of an interstate in Premier-Bayburg, the executive capital and the largest city in the Principality.

All right, USNW people. This is it. Hopefully, you guys liked it, and if you're a Simtropolis member, you should expect to see this in the CJ and forum section tonight. Thanks for viewing. Very Happy

3CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Carl

Carl

The picture 2 reminds me of Shibuya District in Okashi Razz

Nice, though

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

4CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

It's nice! Looks like a bit of a hilly city for driving (lots of small height differences).

5CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Fox

Last picture looks good.

You could do with a flora mod to change those maxis trees though.

6CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Great first update, but terrible mass transit Razz

7CP Updates Empty Teaser: New Hong Kong-style city Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:09 pm

ggamgus

CP Updates Npslogo2

This entry is provided to you by:

CP Updates Stickcampaign

Hi, guys! This week, I'm working on a new, Hong Kong-ish island. The island is a city-state that so far has 7.4 million people and I haven't named it yet. So, please leave suggestions. I don't like having to leave you with one picture, but I still have some work to do.

We're going to become a more Asian, or specifically more Hong Kong-y CJ like TowerDude's HK 2.0 on Simtropolis. Hopefully, you guys will like it. And here is the teaser:

CP Updates Asiancity

Do you guys like it?

All right, guys. Don't forget to reply, tell your friends, and vote for Stickman in November. He's so busy, he doesn't have time for caucuses... Very Happy

REPLIES TO LAST ENTRY

111222333444: Thanks a lot!

Qorten: Thanks! Some parts of the metropolitan area are up to 50 ft higher in elevation than other parts!

fox: Yeah, I downloaded a flora mod after publishing the entry.

Daniel: I know. This is going to spoil the story and I should've waited until the third entry but, after that entry, the city council accepted a proposal to set a subway system with 250+ stops that covers the whole city. What got them to do that was no miracle. They were just embarrassed by Councilman Smith's reaction to the rejection of rapid transit proposals.

CP Updates B6a985cc5255dfccfe85519d108665d8

CP Updates A684852775c5d880d16a3432392b4510

CP Updates 34esnd6o8lz

ggamgus

CP Updates Npslogo2

Hi, guys! Today, we are going to the Xaviera-Cardinalsburg Quantum! I decided to name the city-state, "Xaviera-Cardinalsburg", after a huge city I had with 16 million inhabitants that I lost after the computer was formatted. And the "Quantum"? The Quantum is a type of government unique to the city-state. The government has one, almost-absolute monarch. The monarch has absolute power, except he is voted in by the people, can be impeached under extreme circumstances, and is non-dynastic, meaning his children (if he has children) will not take the throne when he dies, and another monarch will be elected. The monarch isn't called a "king" or an "emperor", but a "quantum monarch".

CP Updates 6853739215_4fd061bea4_b

The picture above is of the city's central business district, with the National Port Authority to the south.

Now, moving the complex government aside, we have the complex history of the city-state.

CP Updates 6853739477_e5fa309b49_b

The east coast of the island, with small banana trees on the shoreline.

Xaviera-Cardinalsburg was a tiny, undeveloped island in the Solvanese Ocean that only had thirty thousand natives. Many nations wanted to annex the island for the "resources" on it. Almost everyone in Althena believed that the island had heavy deposits of coal and guano, which was why the island was on the verge of annexation. Then, the kingdom of Bambalanore, a former monarchy and a huge maritime power that is now the territory of Asmiriva, attacked the island in 1468. Eight thousand men with home-made swords fought fourteen thousand men with rifles, hand cannons and explosives. After a six-hour battle, the Bambalanore Navy had killed most of the armed natives, set the Bambalanorese Flag near the northeastern coast, and even named the island, Patrameja.

For the next 150 years, the island was under Bambalanorese rule, with most natives enslaved. In 1626, the navy of Brinland Empire (what is now the Cardinalsburgate Principality) bombarded the city, killing the governor, and sinking much of the Bambalanorese fleet that was stationed on the island. After a two-month war, the Empire decimated the Bambalanore military, and annexed Patrameja, renaming it Xaviera-Cardinalsburg.

CP Updates 6853739711_5f063dceae_b

The city is home to an extensive tram system.

The Brinland Empire was more tolerant and liberated the slaves. However, after the Biluari Empire (current-day Biluari Republic) attacked and annexed the Brinland Empire in 1773, life deteriorated for the natives once again. The Biluari Empire launched a catastrophic genocide against the local population. Since 1468, the island's population had grown to 160 thousand. But the Biluari Empire suddenly had taken over and planned to exterminate the natives. The Biluari Imperial Government arrested and imprisoned up to 63,000 natives in one night, putting them in tiny prisons throughout the island. The capacity of most of these prisons were only a percentage of the actual number of natives being held there. From 1776 to 1799, 48 thousand natives lost their lives. After more arrests and many more executions, by 1845, another 56 thousand were dead.

CP Updates 6853798275_541648a2b0_b

Narrow apartment buildings in the western half of the island.

By 1879, 133 thousand natives were killed. The genocide only stopped in 1880 when a revolution took place in the Biluari Empire, which then turned to a civil war. The territory that was formerly the Brinland Empire seceded and overthrew the Biluari Imperial Government. The territory that seceded became the Cardinalsburgate Principality, and the Biluari Empire became the Biluari Republic. Afterwards, the Biluari Republic ceded Xaviera-Cardinalsburg to the Cardinalsburgate Principality. The rules again became much more tolerant and the remaining native prisoners were freed. There were even cases where the Principality paid the natives compensation for doings of the Biluari Empire.

In 1959, after a series of peaceful protests, Xaviera-Cardinalsburg gained independence from the Cardinalsburgate Principality, and formed the Quantum government, which the government officials claim to be the perfect type of government. While the Quantum is a type of government so far practiced in only one, tiny nation, the 7.4 million citizens it has seem to be okay with it.

Now, here are more pictures!

CP Updates 6853798521_f0d21c03f8_b

Rooftop housing has become a major problem in Xaviera-Cardinalsburg, since engineers like to call them "structural disasters" and up to 20 percent of the island's citizens live in them. That's almost 1.5 million people!

CP Updates 6853798717_e78070d230_b

Two of the longest avenues on the island both have tram lines that cover all of the two avenues. The city also has a sophisticated bus and underground heavy rail system.

CP Updates 6853798987_932ab3eee1_b

Finally, here is a picture of the western half of the city. I wonder how many people live in all of these apartments and houses...

All right, guys. This is it. You should see this entry on Simtropolis in a very short time. Don't forget to reply, tell your friends, and vote for Stickman in November. He's our only choice for a better planet.

CP Updates B6a985cc5255dfccfe85519d108665d8

CP Updates A684852775c5d880d16a3432392b4510

CP Updates 34esnd6o8lz

Last edited by ggamgus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

9CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Fox

Wow .. that's a dense city. Now I can imagine so many people living there, although it must be hard to feed such a population.

Love the History too.. very gruesome.

10CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Carl

Carl

Whoa D:

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

11CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:44 am

Daniel

Daniel

Looks awesome Very Happy So basically, Xavier-Cardinalsburg is an elective monarchy? Razz

12CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:50 am

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Great Work Smile

13CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:45 am

ggamgus

@Daniel: I guess it is an elective monarchy. Wonder why the people there keep calling it a "Quantum"...

14CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:16 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Some very nice looking skyscrapers and also like the original Chinese/Japanese houses in one of those pictures.

15CP Updates Empty Re: CP Updates Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Great job with the city. Smile

http://www.usnw.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum