The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Daniel

Daniel

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra ThirdFlagoftheRepublicanKingdomofGrandandBelluterra
Third Flag of the Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra CoatofArmsoftheConstitutionalMonarchyofGrandandBelluterra
Coat of Arms of the Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Some pictures of my nation...
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra App3

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra App2

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra App1

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra App4

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra TheAgriculturalCapitaloftheNation

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra TourPic2

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra EarthrockIsland

A map in relation to other RL islands...
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra GrandianWorldMap

Some Facts:

I got these facts from a Grandian factbook I'm compiling.

Note: All statistics are from last year. The next statistical survey will be in a few months.

Basic Facts

National anthems: God Save The King and This Great Island
Capital: Mousford
Population: 270,799
Official languages: Khwint, Hawaiian
Official religion: Christianity

Health and Education

Life expectancy: 58 years
Population per physician: 172.49
Population per hospital bed: 5.79
Number of elementary students per teacher: 17.73

Government

Form of government: Constitutional monarchy de jure, absolute monarchy de facto
Head of State (current): King-Emperor (King-Emperor Daniel IV & I)
Head of Government;
Administrative: King-Emperor
Legislative: King-Emperor, Consul
Judicial: King-Emperor
Legislature Unicameral legislature
Voting qualifications All men at age 16, all unmarried women at age 15
Constitution: April 30, 1815, effective July 1, 1815
Armed forces: Army, Navy, Air Force
Total number of military personnel: 54,500
First-level political divisions: 8 duchies, 1 autonomous republic, 1 royal duchy, 1 Spanish province

Economy

GDP: 1,102,772,000.00 einieos / 2,205,544,000.00 US dollars
GDP per capita: 4,072.27 einieos / 8,144.54 USD
Unemployment rate: 00.25%
Monetary unit: Royal decigre, divided into 100 francises

History (extremely condensed version)

The modern state of Grand was founded in 1579 by sailors from Sir Francis Drake's voyage of circumnavigation. They had been left on the island as colonists to claim the island in the name of Queen Elizabeth. A few years later, Spanish explorers were shipwrecked on the island. It wasn't long before the Colonists (who had intermarried with the Natives) and the Spanish met. A conflict arose between them, in which the Colonists emerged victorious. From this conflict, the Kingdom of Grand was born.
The Spaniards were confined to a small area around the lagoon where they had been shipwrecked, but it was not the last time they were heard of. Over a century later, British soldiers arrived in Grand, and quickly proceeded to conquer Grand, and when they had done so, executed their King and most of their nobility and officers. This incensed the Grandians, who subsequently started a rebellion, which fizzled along quietly for a few years until 1734, when it broke out in full force.
After a long and extremely bloody war of liberation, and pressured by the need for their troops in the 13 colonies, the British surrendered in the autumn of 1776. After this event, the King embarked on a reconstruction program, which had restored it to most of it's former glory by 1798. They also started to expand the power of the kingdom beyond the east coast. In 1790, however, a group of liberal-Grandians decided to secede from the Kingdom and create a republic, the Republic of Belluterra. The king took this peacefully. His only son died a few years later, ending the Roberts dynasty. A period of war and anarchy followed, with seven different claimants to the throne, Spanish raids from the south, Belluterran invasions from the north, and hostile natives (not like the natives they had mixed with) taking back territory conquered from them earlier. Eventually, this period came to a close in 1812 with the election of Daniel Peters as King Daniel I. Once he became king, he changed his surname to Petersroy, founding the current dynasty. He started many reforms, including the drafting of the Grandian constitution. He also managed a deal with Belluterra in 1845, where the two countries would merge, but at the same time, keep most of their sovereignty. This arrangement would end in 1869.
In that year, Belluterra, now at the height of its power, and more powerful than Grand, allied itself with the Spaniards and launched an invasion of Grand. Grand, which wasn't expecting it and had dismissed the vast majority of it's army, lost battle after battle, culminating in the disatrous battles of Long Island (1871) and Mousford (1873). The fall of Mousford prompted the Crown Prince to negotiate. Belluterra's terms were harsh - Grand was required to give up most of the strategic and wealthy Duchy of Mantaines, in addition to all territory north of the Dry Mountains. It was largely this event that fueled the emnity between Grand and Belluterra that has only been partly defused in the last few years.
When World War I (1914-1919) broke out, Belluterra allied itself with Britain and France. Grand took this as an opportunity to gain the territory it had lost during ths Second Island War, and subsequently declared war on Belluterra and allied itself with the German Empire. It rapidly made big gains in Belluterra, which had gone into decline. When the US entered the war on the side of the allies, Grad took this as an opportunity to take the coveted Hawaiian Islands. It was this mistake that led to it's downfall. The United States immediately retaliated by invading Grand, therby coming to Belluterra's aid, for the Grandians were just outside the capital. After the war, Grand was annexed to the Territory of Hawaii, while Belluterra was restored to its pre-WWI boundaries and allowed to keep it's independence.
During World War II (1939-1945), Grand saw little action, except for bombing of some of the naval facilities by the Japanese in 1942. After the war, the movement for independence grew, and in 1949, was granted independence again. It wasn't long, however, before the two ancient rivals were fighting again. The war resulted in heavy losses on both sides, and the destruction of some of the most ancient Grandian landmarks, but in the end, Grand got back all the territory it had lost in the Second Island War, and then some. Soon, the Belluterrans elected a new president, Alex Fisher, who advocated closer ties with Grand, and if possible, partial union. Still, it wasn't until the assecion of King Daniel IV to the throne that overtures began to be made from the Grandian side as well. Despite Grandian protests, and to great celebration in Belluterra, Grand and Belluterra were united again, at last, under one Emperor, on August 11th, 2001.

Last edited by emperordaniel on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:28 am; edited 6 times in total

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Wow, looks great so far. Very professional Coat of Arms, but the flag is a little blurry, we can fix that later btw, are you planning on being on New Eden?

http://www.usnw.net

Daniel

Daniel

Well, is it possible to be on Earth and New Eden?

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Both, hmmm like you mean have your country on both?

Daniel

Daniel

Yes, I've already mentally written how that is possible, if it's allowed.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Could you explain a little more? I'm still sort of confused, you mean like having two copies of your nation? Or having like your nation on earth and a territory on new eden or vice versa?

Daniel

Daniel

I mean, like, having my nation on Earth and a colony-like territory on New Eden. Is that ok?

PS: Application updated.

Last edited by emperordaniel on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I think that should be fine... but I will have to talk to the other admins.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Nice, I think it looks pretty good so far. Just waiting on that history! Smile

Agreed with Chip but when you are writing the history, DO NOT post that textbook you have wrote on Simsports Razz A nice paragraph will do us justice.

First of all, you have a lot of maxis content out there. You don't have a single custom item that grew to speak of, and that isn't going to work. Your landmarks are okay for now, but you want to make sure you have custom houses, farms, industries, and commercial. Functional landmarks (COMMERCIAL buildings you plop that include jobs) would work in your medium to high density areas (by the looks of your population I don't think you are going to need that) but growable things are the basis to the game, and the city you present.

Secondly, the farms really aren't tickling my fancy. The rolling hills with the farms as well as the one with the maxis resort (maxis resort is yucky :x get rid of it!) Simgoober has tons of nice hotels) need to be changed. The farms need to be WAY bigger on the one with the hills (too many streets Wink) and probably need to go if you plan on that island being a resort.

Third, your island is located in a tropical climate. I can help you on making it looks more "tropicaley" but you should work on getting some palm trees and some nice white beaches in there.

Finally, get a water and terrain mod Razz beware though: you can't load the city tiles you have created if you have a different mod for water or terrain. Something to work on for your new creations.

You are already pretty active here, so that won't be a problem; hope to see you be part of the union!

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I agree with K50, the farms could use some work. They do need to be larger, and if farms are something you life then you should look into some pineapple farms and other tropical fruit farms to be more realistic. I also think you should shy away from the boxy and grid roads, when you should really work with more... diagnol roads and different shapes. Also give the farms a lot more room, I know I already said that, but it's important. Small farms aren't very realistic. Also, more custom content would be appreciated but, we can help you with that.

Chip is there an echo in this forum? Razz

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Yup

Daniel

Daniel

I appreciate all your help! And with your help, Grand will look GRANDER (no pun intended) then ever before in a few months!

PS: Application updated.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I personally love your activeness, and your willing to role play we need that around here, but I hate to break it too you, and I'm not going to beat around the bush.. you need a lot of work, just like we all did when we first started unions, have you seen my application? I think you can improve, because a few weeks ago I think you told me you just started downloading stuff, correct? If so, that's a huge improvement. I'm going to vote yes when the point comes, if you promise me you'll work with us, all of us, on improvement. That wasn't meant to be mean, I just didn't want to beat around the bush. Smile Smile I still like you, a lot Smile

Btw, that history is pretty awesome, and the book work of your nation is very realistic! Smile Points for you, because a lot of applicants aren't very realistic Razz Your budget, gdp, and such are spot on and you even got the enieo conversion rate! Razz

Daniel

Daniel

Ok, I'll continue working on my nation, and I promise you that when I come back, I will have a much-improved application. Smile

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Great! Smile If you need help, just ask me. Okay?

Daniel

Daniel

Okay! Smile

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

This application has been closed, the applicant can reapply in one month,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: