The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation

+3
Will
Jon
Carl
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Accept the Onubis Federation as an Observatory Member? 9 Votes Required for Passage (16 Members)

Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Pollle1082%Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Pollri10 82% [ 9 ]
Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Pollle100%Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Pollle1018%Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Pollri10 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Yes I am Evillions, I tried logging into that account and its not letting me. So I made another with this username.

Country Name:
Onubis Federation

Geographic Region:
Middle East

Map showing location:
Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Onubis-2

Red = Parsa
Pink: Gohbar
Green = Kunis
Each color represents a country or state of the Onubis Federation.

Capital City:
Gobar, Gohbar, Onubis Federation

Union Affiliation
AIN

Link to off site CJ
(I am a new member that has not passed 7 days of membership, so this is not letting me link to my CJ.)
Search Onubis Federation at Simtropolis.com

Flag:
(The site is not letting me use my update flag, so I will just use this instead.)
Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Flag3

Current Budget:

Gobar South
Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Gobar_south-3

Central Gobar
Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Gobar-11

Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Gobar-5-1

Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Gobar-2-1

Kaihal
Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation Kaihal-21

Looks great Evillions Smile

Nice to see you here Evil. I've got some good news and bad news.

I'll start with the bad; we normally don't accept observers anymore, since we don't really have relations with AIN, and vice-versa. Unlike AIN who kicked us out immediately, USNW allowed the current and still-active observers (currently Huston and Forth) to stay.

The good news is that is pretty old information, and you have got a new government since then, which could very well change that perspective. Also you have a very good city journal, which always help out on these kinds of thinsg Razz

If the AIN allows you to be an observer (because it's such a big deal it seems like) then you're going to be in pretty quick. Smile

Carl

Carl

Hello there Evillions Very Happy

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

K50 wrote:Nice to see you here Evil. I've got some good news and bad news.

I'll start with the bad; we normally don't accept observers anymore, since we don't really have relations with AIN, and vice-versa. Unlike AIN who kicked us out immediately, USNW allowed the current and still-active observers (currently Huston and Forth) to stay.

The good news is that is pretty old information, and you have got a new government since then, which could very well change that perspective. Also you have a very good city journal, which always help out on these kinds of thinsg Razz

If the AIN allows you to be an observer (because it's such a big deal it seems like) then you're going to be in pretty quick. Smile

I was looking at several AIN-COFR relationship threads and one of the recent threads said that AIN members can become an observer if they wish to. Smile

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

There is currently a law in USNW prohibiting Observatory Applications, but it is currently under review. I will update you to it's status as soon as it is resolved. If AIN is allowing their members to apply for observership then if that is cleared up then this can go to vote. But until then this is on hold.

Otherwise, very nice applications. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Basically AIN won't stop us, they don't want it happening really but they're not gonna stop it, and some want to be part of both communities. If I ever get unlazy enough I'll probably post an application soon too.

Will wrote:Basically AIN won't stop us, they don't want it happening really but they're not gonna stop it, and some want to be part of both communities. If I ever get unlazy enough I'll probably post an application soon too.
If you don't want AIN to stop you, then run for office.... Neutral

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I'll vote yes! Very Happy

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Looks fantastic to me, I'll vote yes if the repeal proposal passes.

http://www.usnw.net

Fox

The city images look great. I'm a fan.

I'd like to see where you would propose to have your Nation on Adonia. Some places that might match your desert setting could include south western Neridea continent or north eastern Athena continent.

I'd be happy for you to join.

Fox wrote:I'd like to see where you would propose to have your Nation on Adonia. Some places that might match your desert setting could include south western Neridea continent or north eastern Athena continent.
He's an observer app, meaning he is from another union, one that (unfortunately) doesn't have their own planet Very Happy

Fox

So in that case.. why would all those pictures or even a CJ be needed?

In any case, he might want to someday join as a member and would need a location, and I'd be interested in knowing where he feels his Nation might best suit.

Like K50 said, I am from another union called AIN (Alliance of Independent Nations). And no, I am not interested in applying a full membership here as I am content with my current union. Smile

I am applying for an observership here because the people here are friendly and want to be apart of this union without actually joining.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Ev, the proposal to allow observatory memberships just went to vote. Smile

Fox

Thanks for not answering my questions.

I'll probably vote no now, if Observers being allowed are re-accepted. Knowing you don't want to be on this world means there's no need for you to progress from being a member of the site.

Voting: Observatory Membership | Onubis Federation 775px-USNW_Who_can_do_what_image

No Nation located on Adonia means you can't participate in 2 of the ticked areas. Not sure why you'd want to post things on our wiki when your Union has it's own. And if you want to post a CJ here then I'm sure the admins wouldn't mind it being posted in the SC4 Discussion Center along with batting and lotting threads ect. Always good to see other peoples work and as it gives inspiration to others, such as your CJ does. It would be an asset for you to share it here.

I am applying for an observership here because the people here are friendly and want to be apart of this union without actually joining.

You can't interact with other Nations if you don't have a Nation on Adonia ... So I ask the question, why do you want to be an Observer, when you can get most the benefits of being an Observer by being just a member of the site?

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Fox, you don't have to be so mean about it. Observerships are generally just for what the name states, watching and observing. Evilloins wants to be here and if so he should be allowed, and yes, he can interact with nations on Adonia. We decided early on that it just happens, we don't want to inhibit interactivity by making people be on Adonia or Earth. Secondly, he could, in the future, like our other observers maybe get a small piece of land like Forth's Kuyrut or David's land. Evilloins would still be able to take part in everything an observer can.

Daniel

Daniel

I'll definitely vote yes, it's so awesome Smile

Fox

Once again with the misinterpretations of my comments, it is becoming quite tiresome .. I'm just being realistic and trying to protect the Unions integrity. You can't have it both ways .. ignore Earth as it doesn't exist and then allow interaction between counties on Earth and Adonia for certain issues. How do I sell items to Earth and how do your football team get to Earth? He stated he has no intention of having a place here on Adonia cause he's part of a different Union. Perhaps he is your friend and you are blind sided by that, as someone who's only concern is this Union I make it my priority to be objective and to push for more realism.

If that's not something you are interested in then perhaps I am the one who's misinterpreted this Union and the whole reason for being on a different planet and for expecting a certain level of realism.

You bring up a good point Fox, however, you do need to know that Adonia has not, nor has ever, been a requirement for the USNW, it's just strongly encouraged so we don't get these problems. I see your point but observership is more or less a social membership. Technically you aren't a member of the union you are observing anyway.

Chip said it very well, maybe he could claim a little spot of land on Adonia. You can't have that ability unless you are an observer (or better) but it's always a possibility out there.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Fox, I'm glad you have the union's deepest concerns in your heart, but we decided since the beginning of our formation that we would allow relations with Earth nations as a means to allow members in the union who would prefer not to be on Adonia. Some people like to stay on Earth, and as such they would be excluded from every form or relations if not for some means of contact. Relations between Adonian Countries and Countries on Earth just happen, we don't get too deep into the technicality of it because that can kill the fun. We are mainly realistic and that is my deepest concern for this union as well and I fight for it everyday, however we have to sacrifice a small amount of that realism to be kind and allow people who would like to stay on Earth to still be a member. I'm sorry you were confused about Adonia being required, it's not and never has been. Adonia is a completely optional feature for our members, observatory and up. Also, I resent your proposal that I want to let him in because he is my friend, there is nothing of that such with me. I want him he because he is a talented CJ'er and he wants to take part and contribute to this union.

Also, the proposal for repeal of the law to disallow observatory membership applications has now passed, so this application can be put to vote. Observatory members may vote.

Sweet! Thanks man for allowing observers. cheers

EDIT: You really don't have to give observers a piece of land in your planet. I'm here to just to be an observer, not really asking too much. Then again, other members would prefer this.

Fox

Some good information there, would of been good to know this back when I was thinking of joining, since this important information, and perhaps my strong views on realism within the Union might not have voiced.

Perhaps we need to look at making a new level of membership for those like Neeltro who don't want to be apart of the Union and wish to still be here to interact, if being just a member of the site doesn't fulfil that need.

I'm sure you'll be accepted Neeltro, as you are a great CJ, as I said, I'm a fan of yours. Don't misinterpret my words as hatred of you like some say, I'm just looking out for the best interests of the Union and for keeping it real.

Daniel

Daniel

Fox wrote:Perhaps we need to look at making a new level of membership for those like Neeltro who don't want to be apart of the Union and wish to still be here to interact, if being just a member of the site doesn't fulfil that need.
That's what Observatory Membership is for Smile

Fox

Ahh forget it, obviously people don't understand what I'm saying. I'll drop the issue and let things continue in this way that doesn't make sense to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum