The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Declined: Observatory Membership | Repuplic of Goat Rock

+3
stanislavsoltys
Fox
Daniel
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

- Republic of Goat Rock.
- Grand Zarro.
- South Althena.
- Current Budget: 5.700.000.000 Dollars.

[url=Declined: Observatory Membership | Repuplic of Goat Rock Goat_r18
[url=https://servimg.com/view/16991242/13]Declined: Observatory Membership | Repuplic of Goat Rock Flag13

Declined: Observatory Membership | Repuplic of Goat Rock Goat_r19
Declined: Observatory Membership | Repuplic of Goat Rock Goat_r20
Declined: Observatory Membership | Repuplic of Goat Rock Goat_r21
Declined: Observatory Membership | Repuplic of Goat Rock Goat_r22
Declined: Observatory Membership | Repuplic of Goat Rock Goat_r23
I hope this is enough for the application, if not, please, let me know what i have to add.

Thank you.

Regards Smile

Steve.

Welcome to the USNW, Steve, I'm K50, one of the executives here. Just so you know, You're going to be applying for Ambassadorial Membership, you'll be able to do much more... plus we don't really accept new observers anymore Razz

You've got a nice start, but you're going to need to do a few simple (but possibly tedious) things first to confirm a spot from most of us. First, I'm a little confused by the location. It looks like you've chose multiple spots, which is okay, but I can't tell which one is the the mainland. I'm guessing it's the one at the top left, correct me if I'm wrong.

Second, and this isn't a huge deal for me at the moment, but you're without a doubt going to need to do this eventually, is custom content. You're going to have to go all-in finding buildings from SC4devotion and Simtropolis for your future pictures. The biggest issue for me are a few realism issues, that hill on the first picture is sort of a mess Razz (I liked the idea of the tunnel a lot though.) so looking at city journals, especially those here, is a good idea to get some ideas, and I think you'll be inspired to pull off something very unique and something that could happen in real life, which is the ultimate goal in SimCity.

You might also want to add history, as in, when were you established, how so, and how far you've come. Demographics are also important, we want to know how big, rich, and who the residents of Goat Rock are.

Finally, no offense, but the name "Goat Rock", well, I'm not hooked with it Razz That sounds like a great name for a city, province, state, district, island, etc., but I think for your country you can do something more unique. You used one name, New Fivos, that sounds like a much better name in my opinion Smile

Sorry that seems like a mouthful, but I think a few improvements and additions could get you well on your way to an ambassadorial membership, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do Smile Welcome once again!

Daniel

Daniel

Looks pretty decent Smile There's plenty of room for improvement of course, but overall it looks ok Smile

K50 wrote:plus we don't really accept new observers anymore Razz
When did that happen? Razz

Fox

I agree with K50 on most of those points he's listed. The custom content and the name don't bother me too much though.

The way the areas are spread across the World don't seam realistic to me, you're better off focusing on one area and picking a Nation you can call home.

As K50 said, some more stats would be handy, like GDP, type of Government, who your Nations leaders are, King, Prime Minister, President ect.

I like the flag, it's simple and bold.

You are well on the way to having a good application and a nice Nation. Just remember that realism is a better way to go than trying to keep up with the Joneses or trying to be more powerful than the next person.

Good Luck and hope you take on board the feedback you are given.

You also need to post a link to your CJ.

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

It's a nice application, but it could be better.

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

Daniel wrote:
K50 wrote:plus we don't really accept new observers anymore Razz
When did that happen? Razz
Observers are for members of other unions or members on-leave. We don't accept new observers anymore because we don't have those kind of relations anymore with the AIN.

StanislavSoltys wrote:It's a nice application, but it could be better.
How so? Or do you not want a new member? Razz

I'd like to see some custom content. Otherwise nice set-up. Just work on your skills with the new CC you download

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

My two cents are that:

A. K50 is wrong, plenty of dependencies is fine Razz course i'm pickin at k50, but there's nothing against them really, although your mapping and sq. mi. seem a bit off. Btw, where is Gran Rock? Think that might overlap Greater Morsco (misspelled i'm sure, sorry Smile) First thing's first is i'd fix your map. Flag is great, noone really should have a problem with that i'd think. CoA could use some work but that'll probably do for now.

B. Observer is for people like me who are part of another union, not for people planning on just being in this union, go for ambassadorial Smile

C. Custom Content is something to work on but you should be fine for now. If you need help on that for some reason, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't help you on that, including myself.

D. That menu stuff? You can just hit "ctrl+shift+s" and you can take pics without that.

E. Course it's not required, I was part of this union for a while with just Paint but it looks like you're using Microsoft Paint, i'd try gimp or photoshop. They take some getting used to but they're easy when you get the hang of them, and you can make your images look better, like Jon (Insulo) or K50 (New Chandler) as two examples.

F. Good Luck, I'm sure you'll like it here,
Will

will: i crossed out part of your message so Steve doesn't get confused... thanks for your imput!

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I agree with everyone here. Just follow what others have said and you can get awesome pictures of cities like Shayden. Smile

Carl

Carl

The map is a bit confusing... You need to make it bigger. So far so good, but you also need custom content for future updates Razz

Saturday would be a very big day! Very Happy

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

K50 - I'd like to see some CC, and it's not clear as to the location. Razz

Will wrote:My two cents are that:

A. K50 is wrong, plenty of dependencies is fine Razz course i'm pickin at k50, but there's nothing against them really,

He never once mentioned having too many dependencies he just asked which one the mainland was Neutral

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

whoops, my bad k50 (I assume that's who edited my post) My mind isn't always on Razz

Steve, Ignore the crossed off bit in my first post.

Carl

Carl

LOL Razz

Tyler it's so he doesn't get confused, it's better small. I never said dependencies are bad, but I can't tell what the mainlald is Razz

Steve, are you still here? We want to hear from ya!

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

First off, thanks for applying! I'm glad you finally figured out how, and I apologize it wasn't explained sooner, and better. This is a great place to get a feel for what you need on your application in terms of CC requirements and other such things.

Secondly, I wanted to go over a few things on your application:

Guide:
Absent - Requirement not met
Needs Work
Good to go!

Requirements
  • Flag - Your flag is great, but it could use some work. The flag and coat of arms, preferably, need to be two separate files. Also, it doesn't say this, but you should always post flags and things like that in .png format, to keep the quality loss at a minimum and it also allows transparency, pngs for flags and such isn't a requirement but it's just oen of my suggestions to you. Your flag and coat are great, but the quality needs to be better and they need to be seperated.

• Map - I have a few problems with the map, first off, it's very low quality, again, you should use pngs for things like this or a higher quality jpeg. Also, your dependencies (there are a quite large amount of them), you seem to have went for a higher number. I would like historical explanaation to why you have that many. Also, they seem quite large compared to your mainland, or what I'm assuming is your mainland. I think maybe you should cut back on the dependencies, get a larger mainland (if you want more land), and get a higher quality map.

• 7 Pictures - You only posted 5 pictures, make sure you get a few more up there!

• Info - You need some work here, specifically. You barely gave any info, and that needs to be fixed. History isn't required, but a sort of outline of what you would like to do is expected. We need some facts on your government, how it's ran, ect and also some info on your economy, communist, capitalist, GDP and Per Capita GDP, ect. Also a population is definitely needed.

Other Requirements

• Custom Content - Custom content is required and expected of our members, this won't keep me from voting yes but you will have to get on the ball about custom buildings and such if you want to ever get a full membership here. Maxis is fine, but just not all maxis. Simtropolis and Sim City 4 Devotion's LEX are both great places for CC.

• Realism - Realism, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to think your cities are fairly realistic, but I think things need to be smoothed out, not so many steep and jagged roads. Also, I think you should try to cut out some of the repetitiveness in your medium density skyscrapers, I think that's a problem everyone has in the beginning, but some custom content should fix that! Also, a great addition would be some sea walls on those coasts, it's quite unrealistic to see coastlines like that in cities with out sea walls to prevent erosion.

• Terrain Mod and Water Mod - Although it's not required, it makes your cities look a lot better if you get a terrain and water mod. Pegasus has some great water mods, and there are also some great terrain mods on SC4d.

• In-Game User Interface - You need to click the little white box in the bottom left corner and get rid of those menus before taking pictures. If you need to take pictures, just hit print-screen then go into GIMP or whatever you use and hit ctrl+v or paste then save the picture. The quality is also a lot better if you do it like this instead of through sc4's camera.

• High Quality Images - Like I said earlier, the game pic's qualities are fine, but the flag, coat, and map all need some work. I would suggest saving as a .jpeg with gimps addition quality thing or save as a .png. Both are acceptable here.

• NAM - As far as I can tell, it doesn't look like you have the Network Addon Mod installed. It is a requirement, so you need to get it on ST or Sc4D.

• Custom Trees - Custom Trees, well you don't HAVE to have them, but personally I would suggest some sort of tree mod. The maxis trees aren't that great.

• Grid - It looks like you have the grid off, good work!

I also think your name could use some work, I reallyyy don't like goat rock and I'm not sure anyone will be able to take your nation name seriously if it remains that, so I would suggest changing it...

Again, thanks for applying! I hope I helped you get a feel of what you needed to fix and such, good luck!

http://www.usnw.net

Fox

Still would like to see a CJ ... searched Simtropolis and SC4Devotion and came up blank.

Just noticed and had a good laugh ..

Pending Observer Repuplic of Goat Rock.

Daniel

Daniel

Fox wrote:Still would like to see a CJ ... searched Simtropolis and SC4Devotion and came up blank.

Just noticed and had a good laugh ..

Pending Observer Repuplic of Goat Rock.
I've noticed that for a while Razz

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I doubt that his native language is English. So give him a break Razz

Carl

Carl

Yikes, this really needs some work Neutral

K50 wrote:Tyler it's so he doesn't get confused, it's better small. I never said dependencies are bad, but I can't tell what the mainlald is Razz

I was defending you and agreeing with you Neutral lol

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I think Chip covered all of the needed improvements. Smile

Daniel

Daniel

Now if only he was around to respond to all of us... Razz

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Stefanone, please reply. Or your application will probably get rejected.
Italian: Stefanone, si prega di rispondere. O la vostra applicazione sarà probabilmente ottenere respinta.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Since haven't replied, this will be declined. If you return and wish a vote, please PM me or post in this forum.

http://www.usnw.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum