The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insulo Official City Journal

+15
Scotch Moen
Kurt
kj34
Qorten
Fox
Carl
Chip
alerules22
Bruce
ForthWall
Will
androidboi
Kisa Atsuko
Daniel
Jon
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

This is just a preview of a place we will be visiting soon, a place very different than what you have seen before. The place is the depressing city of Cxefurbo and it's equally depressing surroundings. The city, the former utopian pipe-dream of the Insulonian Nationalist Party, overthrown in 1985. The city now reeks of a past that people want to forget, which further leads to the dilapidation of the city as people flee the collapsing concrete blocks.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Cxefurbo1

This one is a mosaic, on some sites you will need to click the link:

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Mosaicafill

There should be a full update about this place next weekend, if not earlier.

-Jon

27Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Oh wow... it looks really gloomy.

Nice job Jon Smile

28Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Jon

Jon

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 U9head

Here's a map for your Reference:

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Insulomapa

Today we'll start with a mosaic from San Sebastian, just to set up the contrast:

Now we move to a very different place, the former Capital of Insulo, Cxefurbo. Cxefurbo is a planned city, and the original phase build in 1947 after the Viboras Swamps were drained. The city was designed to be inexpensive and simplistic, the realization of the utopian dreams of the Insulonian National Party. In 1971, the outer levee broke, and now the swamps have reclaimed large tracts of the city.

Welcome to the Swamps:

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Cxefurbo1

When man attempts to outdo nature, well you can see who won (Mosaic):

On the other side of the wall we see a typical, gloomy day in Cxefurbo:

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Cxefurbo3

So much concrete (mosaic):

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Cxefurbo5

Hope you liked this contrast to other parts of Insulo. I really do enjoy doing things that are different, being one dimensional is just so boring, and I want to like the game. It is after all a game, even if I use it more like a canvas.

-Jon

29Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:19 pm

2b2gbi wrote:It is after all a game, even if I use it more like a canvas.
And it's one awesome looking canvas, Jon! Razz

Great work, all those SimPolska buildings look great with the flora taking it over.

30Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Very nice. Creative as well. Smile

,marsh

31Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Pretty nice, Jon!

One thing... when are more updates on the war coming?

32Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Mon May 09, 2011 1:53 am

What a creative Update, I can't praise you enough for this!! Amazing work Jon!!

33Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Mon May 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Kisa Atsuko

Kisa Atsuko
Member (Sundanesia)
Member (Sundanesia)

Awesome update Jon!

34Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:02 am

Jon

Jon

It's been so long since I've done this. Sorry about that by the way, real life has been incredibly busy then we went on a cross-country road trip. I'm back now though, and have been working on a little side project called Jonesboro, an attempt to create a realistic American city, showcasing everything from it's Sunday best to it's dingy nightwear. Then after each picture I'll explain the influence on the picture from various American cities, mostly in the Midwest. I hope you enjoy this break from Insulo, it's been something I've wanted to do for a very long time, and now I have time. So, with no further ado, a little something to wet your whistle.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Edenderryteaser

This particular picture, our unceremonious welcome to Jonesboro, is of the inner-city neighborhood known as Edenderry. When I made this section of the city I tried to incorporate my experiences with low-class inner-city neighborhoods, and one depressing small town. The wide parkways were inspired by the Parkway system in my hometown, Kansas City. This is a minor parkway, nothing like a major parkway like The Paseo in Kansas City, and thus has fallen into disrepair, though pretty flowers have been proven to do very little to pierce through the crime and poverty anyway. The rest of the general dilapidation is inspired mostly by again the Northeast side of Kansas city, Missouri, and my recent travels through the North Side of St. Louis, Missouri, East St. Louis, Illinois, and Cairo, Illinois.

Well that's all you get for now, sorry! Hope you're looking forward to seeing more though.

-Jon

35Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Amazing! like usual Wink Great simlympics also Jon!

36Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:01 pm

androidboi

androidboi

awesum work!! Smile looks very ghetto lol

37Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

yes indeed, may I ask which terrain mod that is? even though I'm sure you've had to answer that a million times Razz

38Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Kisa Atsuko

Kisa Atsuko
Member (Sundanesia)
Member (Sundanesia)

Nice low cost Tenements look!

39Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:59 pm

Nice work. Can't wait to see more.

40Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 am

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Awesome Work!

41Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:07 am

Jon

Jon

Hello again everyone, this is the first real update in my side project, Jonesboro. I've tweaked the formula to have a lot less text, so without further ado:

The first Image is of Liberty Boulevard cutting through the heart of Edenderry. The wide parkway in this picture is based on the Parkways in Kansas City, Missouri. The rest of the scene is influenced primarily by urban areas in the states of Missouri and Illinois.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Edenderryteaser

Here we see some rowhouses in Edenberry. This area was influenced my many larger American cities with rowhouses, though most of the actual models used are typical of Baltimore.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Edenderry1

This image shows a wealthier are of Edenderry, Millionaire Row along Washing ton Avenue, which is the street seen horizontally. This is based rather specifically off of Millionaire Row in Cairo, Illinois, with some additional influence from areas in Kansas City.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Edenderry2

The next picture depicts another scene with rowhouses, as well as some small commercial, along Liberty Boulevard. This image has the same influences as the other picture of rowhouses

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Edenderry3

The last picture is of Thames Street crossing I-257 with the interchange built to give Edenderry better access to the freeway system. This is influenced by urban freeways in Kansas City and other cities in the Midwest.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Edenderry4

I hope you enjoyed this, I put a lot of work into it. Next update may be of Edenderry or another area of Jonesboro, or possibly even a jump back to Insulo. You'll have to wait to know, as I haven't made up my mind yet.

-Jon

42Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:00 am

Daniel

Daniel

I really did enjoy it, it's a really cool update! Where did you get that red-brick street from? I've always loved them in other CJs, and I'd love to have them in mine Smile

43Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:46 am

Very nice work Jon, it looks extremely realistic. I like seeing where people got their ideas too, so that was a nice touch Smile

Daniel: It's in the SAM.

44Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:07 am

androidboi

androidboi

i really like the millionaire row picture. it's very realistic too me. i also envy your freeways that have traffic in them Razz

45Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:17 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Amazing I love the way you use the NAM one way roads

46Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

simply wonderful Smile love the interchange

Will

47Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Kisa Atsuko

Kisa Atsuko
Member (Sundanesia)
Member (Sundanesia)

What a nice work! I like your road layout!

48Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:01 am

Jon

Jon

Now for a quick preview of the next place we'll visit in the Jonesboro Project: Jonesboro West, Missouri. That also brings another teaser, I've decided on a real world location for Jonesboro, which I will detail in the next update.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Jonesborowestteaser

Hopefully that got you interested. I'd really like your opinions of this before the next update, so feel free to share any opinion positive or negative. I may even include your suggestions in the next update if I like them.

-Jon

Last edited by 2b2gbi on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

49Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:07 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

oh my gosh... LIFE!!! from insulo Razz Glad to see something Jon... looks dirty Smile My only idea is try a rarely used modular pack and make something interesting or something... as an idea Smile

Will

50Insulo Official City Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:09 am

Well I'm certainly interested Razz

By the way, what do you do to your images to make them look like that? It almost looks old, but not antique...

Also, that road looping around the river looks pretty sweet Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum